DLDT: NHL Draft Lottery Edition

Hoss

Draisaitl is slightly bigger than Lucic at the same age

Jesus, really? Imagine having a guy Lucic size with that skill...aka Malkin :ph34r:

I'd still rather take Reinhart, though I think Murray's list is something as follows

1)Bennett

2)Draisaitl

3)Reinhart

Zibanejad, Zack Smith for Ottawa... all of the deadline moves that brought back young forwards were for bigger guys (Deslauriers, Carrier, Fasching)... again, this is pure conjecture, but I think he likes size up front.

I think he said at the time he was hired - or shortly thereafter - that he preferred players with size..

Jesus, really? Imagine having a guy Lucic size with that skill...aka Malkin :ph34r:

I'd still rather take Reinhart, though I think Murray's list is something as follows

1)Bennett

2)Draisaitl

3)Reinhart

I am wondering if Draisaitl is Murray's #1 and he is waiting to confer with his scouts first.

As far as changing the lottery goes, I think there needs to be less teams in the lottery for the first pick.

I still think the "pockets" lottery idea is best. And it would make for much better tv.

It would work like this:

Teams 1-5 are in a lottery together. Any of the top five teams can pick in any order. So the third team could pick 1, fourth could be 2, 1 could pick 3... And so on.

Worst team gets a 29% shot at pick one, second gets 25%, third gets 20%, fourth gets 15% and fifth gets 11%.

Teams 6-10 are in the second lottery together. Same concept. They could end up in any order.

Sixth gets 29% shot at the sixth pick, seventh gets 25%, eighth gets 20%, ninth gets 15% and tenth gets 11%.

Teams 11-14 are in the third lottery. Same.

Eleventh gets 34%, twelfth gets 28%, thirteenth gets 22% and fourteenth gets 16%.

The show would be so much better. Since teams can be in any order in each pocket then it would start off with the 11-14 pocket.

They would reveal 14 then 13 then 12 then 11... Then have a discussion about that.

Then they would move to the 6-10 pocket. Then to the 1-5 pocket. It'd be so much more exciting, and I think it would be a better system that still promotes parity. Chances are each of the teams in the pockets aren't that much different in the standings.

Zibanejad, Zack Smith for Ottawa... all of the deadline moves that brought back young forwards were for bigger guys (Deslauriers, Carrier, Fasching)... again, this is pure conjecture, but I think he likes size up front.

Murray had also said he thinks the most important trait in a player is hockey sense, and Reinhart has the best in this draft. I'm fine either way, although I would look forward to Ink's post if we take the German Gretzky.

I said the exact same thing to a couple of friends when it happened.

For us non-Germans, what is the word?

It's the shorthand single syllabic word for sauerkraut. Starts with a k and ends with raut and was last used as a slur in 1945.

I can't believe the censors get that, but some d-bag upthread can call the lottery "gay" without so much as a single pound sign.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

It's the shorthand single syllabic word for sauerkraut. Starts with a k and ends with raut and was last used as a slur in 1945.

I can't believe the censors get that, but some d-bag upthread can call the lottery "gay" without so much as a single pound sign.

No one ever donned sauerkraut apparel.

In fairness, there's nothing heterosexual about the NHL draft lottery.

#BornThisWay

We'll be fine. Ekblad, Reinhart, and Bennett are all good players. I wanted #1 for the prestige and the opportunity for the organization to take ANY player they wanted, but both are unnecessary, especially at #2. They may still get the player(s) they wanted.

well, if by some chance we do get the islanders 5th overall, what combination of players would you prefer to get? I wouldn't mind seeing reinhart/bennett (slim chance), reinhart/dal colle, or bennett/dal colle. (I'm assuming ekblad is gone at 1)

I wouldn't mind any of those. The two Sams or the Sam we want and one of the elite wingers? Sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.