7. CAROLINA HURRICANES - 4.7%

8. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS - 3.6%

9. WINNIPEG JETS - 2.7%

10. ANAHEIM DUCKS (VIA OTT) - 2.1%

11. NEW JERSEY - 0% (WILL DRAFT 30th)*

12. NASHVILLE - 1.1%

13. ARIZONA COYOTES - 0.8%

14. WASHINGTON CAPITALS - 0.5%

*The lottery will be redrawn if New Jersey wins.

LOTTERY RULES:

-As of 2012, any of the 14 teams who missed the playoffs can win the 1st pick if they win the lottery.

-Only one team can move up in the lottery. Every team higher than the winning team will move down one spot. Teams can only drop one spot in total.

-The lottery does not apply to rounds two and beyond. The lottery in other rounds are decided purely by the standings.

PROSPECT RANKINGS:

ins_nhlprospects_kh_576x324.jpg

Central scouting North American skaters: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9363 (Bennett, Ekblad, Reinhart)

ISS Top 30: http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/iss-top-30-february-2014/ (Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett)

TSN's Craig Button's list: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649 (Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett)

Future Consideration's list: http://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings/ (Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett)

RECENT LOTTERY RESULTS:

2013: Colorado moved from 2nd to 1st

(Prior to 2013 teams could only move up four spots at most)

2012: Edmonton moved from 2nd to 1st

2011: New Jersey moved from 8th to 4th

2010: Edmonton retained the 1st spot

2009: New York Islanders retained the 1st spot

2008: Tampa Bay retained the 1st spot

2007: Chicago moved from 5th to 1st

2006: St. Louis retained the 1st spot

(Thread inspired by the legendary 26)

Edited by Tankalicious

2014 NHL Draft Lottery: TUE APR 15 – 8:00 PM EDT – NBCSN, TSN

2014 DRAFT LOTTERY LINKS

04/14 – 2014 NHL Draft: Lottery to be conducted Tuesday (NHL.com)

04/14 – TSN PRESENTS NHL DRAFT LOTTERY AND PLAYOFF PREVIEW SHOWS (TSN.ca)

04/14 – New York Islanders have tough call when it comes to 2014 vs. 2015 draft (Chris Peters – CBSSports.com)

04/14 – 2014 NHL draft lottery odds (Sportsnet.ca)

04/14 – 2014 NHL Draft Lottery Simulator (Marc Ciampa – edmontonoilers.com)

04/15 – SIX CANADIAN TEAMS IN THE MIX FOR NHL DRAFT LOTTERY ON TSN (TSN.ca)

04/15 – NEWS: Sabres will pick second at 2014 NHL Draft in Philadelphia (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

04/15 – 2014 NHL MOCK DRAFT - LOTTERY EDITION (Craig Button – TSN.ca)

The Draft Lottery Re-Airs at 8:30 PM EDT on NHL Network US

030413_lottery.jpg

PROSPECT RANKINGS

Bob McKenzie's Mid-Season Rankings

April ISS Rankings

McKeen's Top 30

Hockey Prospect's February

Craig Button's List (March)

Central Scouting's Final Rankings (March)

Future Considerations Rankings

KEY DATES

Draft Lottery: April 15, 2014 (Toronto)

NHL Combine: May 25-31, 2014 (Toronto)

NHL Draft Day(s): June 27-28, 2014 (Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia)

A/V LINKS

04/07 – NHL.com QUICK PICKS: Sam Bennett

04/07 – NHL.com QUICK PICKS: Aaron Ekblad

04/07 – NHL.com QUICK PICKS: Sam Reinhart

04/07 – NHL.com QUICK PICKS: Leon Draisaitl

04/07 – NHL.com QUICK PICKS: Michael Dal Colle

04/15 – Tim Murray speaks with Brian Duff prior to the NHL's draft lottery

04/15 – Tim Murray @ Draft Lottery (4/15/14)

04/15 – Ted Black @ Draft Lottery (4/15/14)

04/15 Bob McKenzie's Top 10 NHL Draft Prospects

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

LOTTERY ODDS

1. BUFFALO SABRES - 25%

2. FLORIDA PANTHERS - 18.8%

3. EDMONTON OILERS - 14.2%

4. CALGARY FLAMES - 10.7%

5. NEW YORK ISLANDERS - 8.1%

6. VANCOUVER CANUCKS - 6.2%

7. CAROLINA HURRICANES - 4.7%

8. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS - 3.6%

9. WINNIPEG JETS - 2.7%

10. ARIZONA COYOTES - 2.1%

10. ANAHEIM DUCKS (VIA OTT) - 2.1%

11. NEW JERSEY DEVILS - 0% (WILL DRAFT 30TH)*

12. NASHVILLE PREDATORS - 0.11%

13. ARIZONA COYOTES - 0.8%

14. WASHINGTON CAPITALS - 0.5%

*The lottery will be redrawn if New Jersey wins.

Fixed that for you. Coyotes had 89 points, one more than Ottawa, New Jersey and Nashville.

After adjusting for the NJ re-draw:

EFFECTIVE LOTTERY ODDS

1. BUFFALO SABRES - 25.38%

2. FLORIDA PANTHERS - 19.08%

3. EDMONTON OILERS - 14.42%

4. CALGARY FLAMES - 10.86%

5. NEW YORK ISLANDERS - 8.22%

6. VANCOUVER CANUCKS - 6.29%

7. CAROLINA HURRICANES - 4.77%

8. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS - 3.65%

9. WINNIPEG JETS - 2.74%

10. ANAHEIM DUCKS (VIA OTT) - 2.13%

11. NEW JERSEY DEVILS - 0% (WILL DRAFT 30TH)*

12. NASHVILLE PREDATORS - 0.112%

13. ARIZONA COYOTES - 0.81%

14. WASHINGTON CAPITALS - 0.51%

Also, as posted yesterday:

Sabres, Islanders, Probability

1, 5, 25.38%

2, 1, 8.22%

2, 5, 44.36%

2, 6, 22.03%

(~75% chance that we pick 2nd, ~70% chance that Islanders pick 5th)

Edited by carpandean

Do they actually show anything besides which team won (since nothing else matters)?

I believe they show the top 5 picks and then the rest of the order is announced. Anyone know when NYI need to decide on when to give this years pick or defer to next year for the vanek trade?

I believe they show the top 5 picks and then the rest of the order is announced. Anyone know when NYI need to decide on when to give this years pick or defer to next year for the vanek trade?

It's widely reported to be June 1, but I don't know what source(s) reports are based on.

This lottery show sounds stupid.

My way of doing the draft would be to have the lottery ball process be done on camera for transparency. Assign the most bslls to the team with the most points, through the least balls for the least points.

Break up the selection in three steps. First have a draw for teams 10-14. The first team picked would draft 14th, and so on, so those five teams draft order would possibly be shuffled between 10th and 14th. Then do the same for teams 5-9. Then finally do the same for teams 1-4.

This would insure the 1st four picks go to the 4 worst teams, but they could draft anywhere from 1st to 4th.

My way of doing the draft would be to have the lottery ball process be done on camera for transparency. Assign the most bslls to the team with the most points, through the least balls for the least points.

Break up the selection in three steps. First have a draw for teams 10-14. The first team picked would draft 14th, and so on, so those five teams draft order would possibly be shuffled between 10th and 14th. Then do the same for teams 5-9. Then finally do the same for teams 1-4.

This would insure the 1st four picks go to the 4 worst teams, but they could draft anywhere from 1st to 4th.

I believe that it was done on camera up until the Crosby year. Taro--help me out here. Do I have this right?

It's widely reported to be June 1, but I don't know what source(s) reports are based on.

This lottery show sounds stupid.

It actually is pretty stupid. I'll watch only because we have a shot at the 1st pick. I watched last year and they just held a card and counted down right from 14 all the way down to 1. The only surprise was seeing the Colorado Florida switch at the end. What if they start with 14 and it ends up showing Nashville? Then there's not mutch of a countdown, we already know Washington had to have won it. Kind of dumb. I wish they showed the balls all bouncing around and them select the winner. Then use the other 25 minutes to analyze the top players and maybe what teams may do now that the draft order is set.

Six times in the 19 NHL lottery's has the team that finished with the worst record been awarded the 1st pick. Being the worst obviously is no guarantee.

So it makes sense we win it this year then. That would mean 5 of 20 would have won thus 25% which the odds are.

It actually is pretty stupid. I'll watch only because we have a shot at the 1st pick. I watched last year and they just held a card and counted down right from 14 all the way down to 1. The only surprise was seeing the Colorado Florida switch at the end. What if they start with 14 and it ends up showing Nashville? Then there's not mutch of a countdown, we already know Washington had to have won it. Kind of dumb. I wish they showed the balls all bouncing around and them select the winner. Then use the other 25 minutes to analyze the top players and maybe what teams may do now that the draft order is set.

So it makes sense we win it this year then. That would mean 5 of 20 would have won thus 25% which the odds are.

6/19 + 1/1 = 7/20? no?

I don't think I will be watching tonight (only because a half hour show to determine one pick change seems rather monotonous), but I hope to all the hockey gods that we are rewarded with the #1 pick after this season of suckitude. If only so that GMTM can pick whomever he damn well pleases and we can move on to whether NYI will give us the #5 or not.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=2114426

The Penguins beat out the other 29 NHL teams Friday in an unprecedented draft lottery that gave every club a chance to pick No. 1 and nab Crosby -- the 17-year-old phenom from the Canadian juniors.

He will be chosen first next Saturday in Ottawa.

Pittsburgh joined the Columbus Blue Jackets,Buffalo Sabres and New York Rangers with the maximum three balls in the 48-ball bin. The lottery was weighted to give teams that struggled in recent years a better chance.

The Penguins used that and the four-leaf clover general manager Craig Patrick carried in his palm to their advantage, taking the No. 1 with the Anaheim Mighty Ducks second.

Patrick even stopped by St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York before attending the league's board of governors meeting.

Any CP sightings in NYC recently?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.