DLDT: NHL Draft Lottery Edition

Hoss

The Edmonton Oilers will pick first in June. You heard it here first.

I'd be okay with this, rather have them pick than Florida honestly.

Plus, I think a trade like that would make both teams better next season, ensuring tank 2.0

Edited by WildCard

NHL Draft Lottery (4/15/14) <8:16>

Watch TSN/NBCSN's coverage of the 2014 NHL Draft Lottery.

The Sabres twitter just posted this...

@BuffaloSabres: Miss the #NHLDraft Lottery tonight? Watch a replay here: http://t.co/Rw4hBfbx5e

Their next tweet will be

"miss game 6 of the 1999 Stanley Cup final? Watch it here: ..."

Too late kid. :lol:

They still have Kulikov and Matheson. If I were a Panthers fan I would have no problem taking another top defensive prospect.

Either way, I'd be happy with Ekblad or Bennett.

Plus, Jovanovski and Gilbert might not be back. And although I haven't heard anything to back this up, it wouldn't surprise me if Campbell is bought out.

Thanks. Interesting that Nylander isn't in there...wonder if teams are really concerned about his frame.

Agreed. Also surprised fleury is 10th. I was thinking of him going a bit lower. Although maybe with the lack of d in the top half of the draft some team will reach.

All things equal, Murray has always like the big, powerful forwards. So, I think he might like Leon. All of these guys are great prospects, of course... but I just wonder if size isn't the difference in Murray's mind (just a guess).

Murray played a big role in the Ducks getting Getzlaf (and Perry), so you could be right.

Murray played a big role in the Ducks getting Getzlaf (and Perry), so you could be right.

Zibanejad, Zack Smith for Ottawa... all of the deadline moves that brought back young forwards were for bigger guys (Deslauriers, Carrier, Fasching)... again, this is pure conjecture, but I think he likes size up front.

All things equal, Murray has always like the big, powerful forwards. So, I think he might like Leon. All of these guys are great prospects, of course... but I just wonder if size isn't the difference in Murray's mind (just a guess).

Aren't Leon and the Sams all about the same size?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.