First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

love him

its a wheel state and a an agriculture state...they are leaning towards a cattle state right now

way too funny

That was funny. Like I said, when he calls the game, he's okay. Game 47 on a Sunday afternoon,… unlistenable.

Argh. Hate to say it but its obvious the better team won. As has been said before the Bruins have been built for the playoffs. Best team in the regular season and just getting warmed up as far as I'm concerned. Love em or hate em they know how to play at this time of the year.

Argh. Hate to say it but its obvious the better team won. As has been said before the Bruins have been built for the playoffs. Best team in the regular season and just getting warmed up as far as I'm concerned. Love em or hate em they know how to play at this time of the year.

Blasphemy!!!! Hold your tongue

Actually it's true, they're big, physical, have great goaltending, take cheap shots and just out work the opponent, everything the playoffs require..... I wanna see pactioretty really get some payback on chara next series (although it will never happen)

Blasphemy!!!! Hold your tongue

Actually it's true, they're big, physical, have great goaltending, take cheap shots and just out work the opponent, everything the playoffs require..... I wanna see pactioretty really get some payback on chara next series (although it will never happen)

While Boston clearly has been the better team, (at least for tonight) Detroit wasn't getting sucked into the B's bullying/pushy-shovy shenanigans. I was hoping that Detroit could squeak a victory out, but that would have been surprising :(

That was funny. Like I said, when he calls the game, he's okay. Game 47 on a Sunday afternoon,… unlistenable.

Disagree. Now, I've only been watching hockey since 1984, but Doc is (by far) the best play-by-play guy I've had the pleasure of watching/listening to. Yes, he does delve into stories, but the announcers usually do that on a national broadcast. For the most part, he calls the action and calls it well. What I can sense from him is his love and deep understanding of the game. His one-liners are quirky, but that's his style. He'd be boring if he didn't have those. Pierre McGuire needs to stop talking about the junior leagues these guys played in and analyze the game, for once.

As for the action...

The STL-CHI series has been excellent. The COL-MIN series has been outstanding. And why is it that every winner in the LA-SJ series has scored at least 5 goals? I doubt the winner of that series will make it past the second round if their goaltending doesn't hold up.

I saw a Bruins fan gripe last night about Detroit holding Boston's sticks. Please...Boston has been holding, clutching, jabbing, grabbing, elbowing, cheap-shotting, and gooning for the past 5 years and are still doing so. The refs could have called about 12 penalties on them in the second period alone last night. I know they can't call everything, but call something more often than not.

Montreal made Tampa Bay look like a bunch of scared four-year-old girls out there.

I want St. Louis to win the whole thing...not because of Miller or Ott or Ken Hitchcock. The Blues haven't been relevant for years and it's good to see someone other than Chicago, Detroit, Boston, or Pittsburgh take it home.

Disagree. Now, I've only been watching hockey since 1984, but Doc is (by far) the best play-by-play guy I've had the pleasure of watching/listening to. Yes, he does delve into stories, but the announcers usually do that on a national broadcast. For the most part, he calls the action and calls it well. What I can sense from him is his love and deep understanding of the game. His one-liners are quirky, but that's his style. He'd be boring if he didn't have those. Pierre McGuire needs to stop talking about the junior leagues these guys played in and analyze the game, for once.

As for the action...

The STL-CHI series has been excellent. The COL-MIN series has been outstanding. And why is it that every winner in the LA-SJ series has scored at least 5 goals? I doubt the winner of that series will make it past the second round if their goaltending doesn't hold up.

I saw a Bruins fan gripe last night about Detroit holding Boston's sticks. Please...Boston has been holding, clutching, jabbing, grabbing, elbowing, cheap-shotting, and gooning for the past 5 years and are still doing so. The refs could have called about 12 penalties on them in the second period alone last night. I know they can't call everything, but call something more often than not.

Montreal made Tampa Bay look like a bunch of scared four-year-old girls out there.

I want St. Louis to win the whole thing...not because of Miller or Ott or Ken Hitchcock. The Blues haven't been relevant for years and it's good to see someone other than Chicago, Detroit, Boston, or Pittsburgh take it home.

Rick Jeanneret.

Last nights game roundup, SPOILERS

Detroit 2

Boston 3

Series, Boston up 3-1

Sharks 3

Kings 6

Series, Sharks up 3-1

Avalanche 1

Wild 2

Series, tied 2-2

hope bertuzzi takes out as many bruins as possible , but i can't see the red wings winning this series.

Last night was their best chance to get back in it. It's not happening now. Too bad, really. Because I don't see anyone else in the East stopping the Bruins at this point.

Last night was their best chance to get back in it. It's not happening now. Too bad, really. Because I don't see anyone else in the East stopping the Bruins at this point.

Not to mention a pissed off Jo. I would think that you don't like to see that happening.

On the other hand, it probably wouldn't take much for you to come off as a Prince, or a Knight in shinning armour.

Not to mention a pissed off Jo. I would think that you don't like to see that happening.

On the other hand, it probably wouldn't take much for you to come off as a Prince, or a Knight in shinning armour.

We're all in on hating the Bruins right now. :P

Honestly the most contested series in this household is Sharks/Kings. She's pulling for my lookalike Jumbo Joe and I'm a not so closet Kings fan, so we're both spending a lot of time glaring at each other. :blush:

We're all in on hating the Bruins right now. :P

Honestly the most contested series in this household is Sharks/Kings. She's pulling for my lookalike Jumbo Joe and I'm a not so closet Kings fan, so we're both spending a lot of time glaring at each other. :blush:

So, what your telling us here is that you are *out of the closet*.

Way cool!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.