Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Quinn met with Russ Brandon 3 weeks ago along with Golisano.

I can't see Golisano buying the team. I'm sure he's using this to try and leverage something else.

I will really go apesh!t if we find out 5 years from now, some people were brought in just to run up the bid on a group that was intent on moving the team no matter what. Not sure what Brandon's cut is on a sale, or some of the others. To me, the only logical local guy who I would have some faith in is Jacobs.

Why would Brandon receive anything from the sale?

I would have more faith in Jacobs, too, but I don't think he's in the mix.

Why would Brandon receive anything from the sale?

I would have more faith in Jacobs, too, but I don't think he's in the mix.

At the very least, he is running the process of it all. He, Littman and the Wilsons were named as the overseers. I know they are bringing in investment bankers, but between him being given sole control over the team the past few years and his tenure, would it surprise you to find out he is sitting on a tiny hunk of equity?

I don't think Jacobs is in the mix either, which is why I think Golisano getting floated around might be to try and spike bids. Does anyone really think a guy who put up a slam dunk $60 million for a team and ran it with the orders to at least break even, has the sportsman in him to put up 25x that amount and supply the cash flow to make a team competitive? I'd be shocked if he was involved as anything more than a minority partner with some group.

I don't doubt that all things equal, everyone would like to keep the team in Buffalo....but if it's gotta go....might as well get every last cent out of it...

I have no idea whether he's in or out. Certainly, the school board isn't a full-time job. And if all Quinn does is work on the real estate issues, fine; after all, that is where his expertise lies. I just don't want him having anything to do with personnel (including management and coaches) or uniforms.

Although if he were to organize an old timers game and get himself into it, it might be fun to watch Troy Vincent cover him. I might not even mind finding out I was paying to watch him play.

Lots of people on TSW freaking out about the possibility that the new stadium won't have any tailgating. Its amusing.

I wouldn't pretend know what anyone else enjoys in their game day experience, but getting my car pissed on by some natty Ice pounding putz and his girlfriend who just redecorated a porto potty with vomit, is not my idea of a good time. I've never been to a game at "the ralph" where I haven't seen some a$$hole do the stadium name proud in the stands.

I go to games for the games. Haven't cared about tailgating in about 8 years.

Sincerely,

Chester

Edited by ubkev

Lots of people on TSW freaking out about the possibility that the new stadium won't have any tailgating. Its amusing.

I wouldn't pretend know what anyone else enjoys in their game day experience, but getting my car pissed on by some natty Ice pounding putz and his girlfriend who just redecorated a porto potty with vomit, is not my idea of a good time. I've never been to a game at "the ralph" where I haven't seen some a$$hole do the stadium name proud in the stands.

I go to games from the games. Haven't cared about tailgating in about 8 years.

Sincerely,

Chester

I like grilling in the lots before and after the games (and I only go every few years anyway), but I could easily drop it. And really, the only reason I do it is because it takes forever to get in and out of the area near the stadium. If I could simply roll in at noon and leave at four, I'd have no need to tailgate at all, and I'd be likely to go to more games, too.

I like grilling in the lots before and after the games (and I only go every few years anyway), but I could easily drop it. And really, the only reason I do it is because it takes forever to get in and out of the area near the stadium. If I could simply roll in at noon and leave at four, I'd have no need to tailgate at all, and I'd be likely to go to more games, too.

Trouble is that the responsible people are always heavily outnumbered by those who will always have the mentality of a 19 year old frat boy.

I like to hang out at the grill and have a beer. But I'm there to watch the Bills lose to Cleveland again in horrible weather....seriously, I'm 0-14 at Bills games, I've never seen them win ever...anywhere!

Would you still go to games if there is a new stadium with little to no tailgating space?

It's a way better game on television. I go to a game for the tailgate. I go for the drunken idiots. When I went as a kid, my dad told me what was appropriate and what wasn't. We laughed together.

If I want to see a classical music concert, I'll go to Kleinhans.

Edited by SwampD

It's a way better game on television. I go to a game for the tailgate. I go for the drunken idiots. When I went as a kid, my dad told me what was appropriate and what wasn't. We laughed together.

If I want to see a classical music concert, I'll go to Kleinhans.

I disagree that it's a better game on tv. When you watch a game live, you can see the whole field at once. You can watch the recievers run their routes and the dbs cover them. I love that.

I disagree that it's a better game on tv. When you watch a game live, you can see the whole field at once. You can watch the recievers run their routes and the dbs cover them. I love that.

Running plays just look like rugby scrums to me

great. now we are talking about where we like to jerk 0ff. :blink:

Uhh, yea... What kind of sabre did you think the title of the website is referencing?

On a more serious note: this might be where beggars can't be choosers comes in...

Well, this thread has really taken a turn. Nice work boys.

FWIW I find the idea of a new stadium with no tailgating completely unacceptable.

If losing tailgaiting means losing the Caligula atmosphere at games, I'm all for it.

If losing tailgaiting means losing the Caligula atmosphere at games, I'm all for it.

The library like atmosphere at Sabres games isn't enough for ya?

Every person I know from around here, either a Giants or Jets fan, that has gone to see a game at the Ralph tells me they can't believe how much fun it is there.

The library like atmosphere at Sabres games isn't enough for ya?

Every person I know from around here, either a Giants or Jets fan, that has gone to see a game at the Ralph tells me they can't believe how much fun it is there.

agreed. I have heard the same thing from a giants fan I know. It is the party atmosphere of MetLife, without the @$$ hole jets fans. I think the energy is actually more like that of a Raiders game actually, but without the violence and gang presence