Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I'm still not completely sure how much of a point there is to a story about someone preparing a bid. We can very easily put together two or three other groups who are doing the same exact thing. I will say this though, anyone who does so will be looking for personal gain. That's just the way it is.

In other news, I see that Byrd is missing the Saints OTAs because he had some surgery to relieve a disc problem in his back. He's expected back in time for camp. Per the report, Payton said the procedure was not necessary (?!), but that doctors thought it advisable.

Good luck with that ~$28MM guaranteed, Saints.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000354376/article/saints-jairus-byrd-has-back-surgery-to-fix-disc-issue

In other news, I see that Byrd is missing the Saints OTAs because he had some surgery to relieve a disc problem in his back. He's expected back in time for camp. Per the report, Payton said the procedure was not necessary (?!), but that doctors thought it advisable.

Good luck with that ~$28MM guaranteed, Saints.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000354376/article/saints-jairus-byrd-has-back-surgery-to-fix-disc-issue

A lot of offseason procedures are labelled as unnecessary by the team, but they have the players get them anyways to be safe. He was only saying that he wouldn't have it done during the season. He's not missing any time at this point.

You see Golisano and Congel come to town with an offer after Congel left the Medley Centre is shambles, and it can't really be better described than the plot of "Marge vs the Monorail," the renowned episode of the Simpsons written by Conan O'Brien.

Still feeling uneasy about the monorail, Marge decides to visit Lyle Lanley and discovers a notebook that reveals Lanley’s true intentions: to have the monorail break down while he gets away with the town's money. Lanley catches her, and Marge quickly says that she was just browsing around. Believing her story, Lanley allows her to leave, not knowing that she has read the notebook and is aware of his plans.

Marge immediately drives to North Haverbrook, which Lanley mentioned was a previous purchaser of one of his monorails. She finds the town to be run-down and nearly deserted. Marge asks around about the monorail, but no one is willing to talk about it: a woman working at a drive-in diner says there's no monorail in North Haverbrook and never was, but then closes the doors, revealing that the diner is called "MONORAIL CAFE". Finally, Marge meets Sebastian Cobb, who explains that Lanley cut costs everywhere while building North Haverbrook's monorail, and that the entire thing is a scam. Cobb then shows her the remnants of the town's monorail, which is now broken and in disrepair.

I can't be 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that Scott Congel needs to ###### off.

Oh, and EJ Manuel's going to the Pro Bowl.

http://msn.foxsports...l-season-051414

Edited by IKnowPhysics

? where do you get this from? Woods sprained an ankle last year, and that was it no? a one time instance does not make a recurring issue? Goodwin broke his wrist on a fluke, one time deal...again doesn't make him injury prone (although I do agree that he isn't built to take a lickin' as you put it).

Woods - offseason ankle surgery

Goodwin - hurts arm 2nd day of OTA's

:)

I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I heard the Woods news the other day and said blah. Now I see 2 hours of light practice and we are 2 WR down.

I'm going on record as saying Pears will be the starting RT opening day. I hope the Bills took a good gamble, but they are crazy if they cut Pears.

Guest Sloth

Oh, and EJ Manuel's going to the Pro Bowl.

http://msn.foxsports...l-season-051414

Talk about being optimistic. If Manuel makes the Pro Bowl, the Bills make the playoffs. Don't see either happening. Now, I'm not against Manuel. He's the first Bills QB I've had confidence in since Doug Flutie. And that is not saying much. His potential is very high. I just don't see Manuel being an all-pro quarterback this season. Give him a couple more seasons. The Bills still have too many areas in need of improvement. It is nice to think Manuel may have an incredible receiving core to work w/.

Talk about being optimistic. If Manuel makes the Pro Bowl, the Bills make the playoffs. Don't see either happening. Now, I'm not against Manuel. He's the first Bills QB I've had confidence in since Doug Flutie. And that is not saying much. His potential is very high. I just don't see Manuel being an all-pro quarterback this season. Give him a couple more seasons. The Bills still have too many areas in need of improvement. It is nice to think Manuel may have an incredible receiving core to work w/.

I agree with everything. Just want to point out: all-pro and pro bowl are two different things.

Woods - offseason ankle surgery

Goodwin - hurts arm 2nd day of OTA's

:)

I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I heard the Woods news the other day and said blah. Now I see 2 hours of light practice and we are 2 WR down.

I'm going on record as saying Pears will be the starting RT opening day. I hope the Bills took a good gamble, but they are crazy if they cut Pears.

:doh: I refuse to give in and outright say you were right...but... :angel:

@ByTimGraham

Buffalo News reporting Marcell Dareus charged w/3 misdemeanors & 4 traffic violations for drag racing and property damage in Hamburg last wk

Insane. By the time the NFL is done with him it will be late fall.

So being a moron off the field means he can't play on it? You must have thought Lawrence Taylor sucked.

Distorts what freeman wrote. He didn't say a thing about Dareus's play.

He is great, and he's a stupid punk.

Distorts what freeman wrote. He didn't say a thing about Dareus's play.

He is great, and he's a stupid punk.

Well, I appreciate the assist, but I must admit that TBPhD probably called me out more or less correctly. I believe he is far from a great player, and including him in the same sentence as LT is heresy, but his punkish behavior is not an indicator, one way or the other, of the quality of his play.

I will also point out that TBPhD's victory on this is likely to be a hollow one, as I don't think the bills will get much from Darius this year, and perhaps not ever.

Edited by nfreeman