Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I agree completely but I think it's the new reality that these franchises are run like large corporations and some of the decisions involve millions of dollars. I've interviewed for positions worth a lot less then seven figures that the President of the company sat in on.

Like you said, I don't want Brandon or even Pegula deciding who the QB will be or whether to go for it on fourth and one but to believe they won't be part of the decision on who they will hire for the second or third most important person in the organization is naïve.

Right after Ralph died, I was checking someones' mic before they went on air (I'd rather not use his name) and he was telling a story about how whenever the Bills would play at the Meadowlands, Ralph would invite him to his skybox to watch with him. One time, he noticed how aggressive the Jet's D line was playing and told Ralph that they should run a screen. Ralph picks up the phone and two plays later they run a screen that goes for a huge gain. He laughed when telling the story and just said that it was really cool.

Yeah cause why would you want to keep the guy who put the team on solid financial footing, helped orchestrate the sale of the team that kept the Bills in Buffalo and helped reorganize the football department to stick around?

If Ralph Wilson wouldve allowed the team to be moved and a ownership group outside of Buffalo offered more I'm sure he would've given the team away to another city. You give Brandon far too much credit here. He's a snake and you're falling for his garbage.

If Ralph Wilson wouldve allowed the team to be moved and a ownership group outside of Buffalo offered more I'm sure he would've given the team away to another city. You give Brandon far too much credit here. He's a snake and you're falling for his garbage.

Snake, huh? Where do you get this from? Would he have had a choice if they moved?

I'm not falling for anything. I am a results guy he has gotten the results. While I will let you decide what to believe or not believe as far as his role in the sale, what is indisputable is that his efforts made the team much more attractive to TP.

I'm not falling for anything. I am a results guy he has gotten the results. While I will let you decide what to believe or not believe as far as his role in the sale, what is indisputable is that his efforts made the team much more attractive to TP.

Results? As much as the guy wants you to believe he's not involved in the football decisions he is. He will say it ten times and it'll be false eleven. He is and has been for years. Unless somebody with authority decides otherwise he will continue to play both sides. He sticks his nose in the football operations but then puts his hands up and says "who? Me?" when things fail.

It's simply not worth discussing Brandon. We can sit here and debate. The simple fact is that there comes a point when it's time for some new faces. Hopefully guys that will be honest and fulfill the duties of their role without stepping beyond its boundaries.

On a side note: Brett Hundley is on ESPN right now.

Results? As much as the guy wants you to believe he's not involved in the football decisions he is. He will say it ten times and it'll be false eleven. He is and has been for years. Unless somebody with authority decides otherwise he will continue to play both sides. He sticks his nose in the football operations but then puts his hands up and says "who? Me?" when things fail.

It's simply not worth discussing Brandon. We can sit here and debate. The simple fact is that there comes a point when it's time for some new faces. Hopefully guys that will be honest and fulfill the duties of their role without stepping beyond its boundaries.

On a side note: Brett Hundley is on ESPN right now.

Good news, I hear Russ is a huge Hundley fan.

Hundley seems too much like a run first QB to me. But that's just a quick assessment

He's certainly not run first. His offensive line has been suspect all season. When things are going well he's a guy that only rushes 7 times or so. Today he was getting pressured heavily, but he made the most of his runs.

He got pretty rave reviews for tonight's game despite only decent passing numbers... http://www.cbssports...-alamo-bowl-win

I like him. I would take him at 50. I would be willing to give a little to move up for him. But I still don't take him and then be done with the position. My focus is still on vets (Cutler). I don't expect Hundley to get to the second round (I see a team moving into the late first for him). I am okay that we likely won't get him, because I don't think he is ready to play right now. He's the perfect guy for a team that has a starter still there for a year or two (or a team like Arizona/Cincy with starter questions because of ability of injury).

He had one deep ball tonight that was perfect. Receiver only had a little bit of separation but he still got it over the top where only his guy could get it and the dude dropped it. His receivers didn't help much. The same could be said for EJ/Winston at Florida State.

Edited by Tank

The CEO/ owners and the President are sitting in on the interviews for the organizations biggest hire, is that really unusual?

Brandon doesn't have the qualifications to interview a coach.

He does have the qualifications to run the business end of a sports team.

If/when the Bills are close enough to a decision that dollars and terms need to be discussed, by all means, he should be involved. Not until then.

For the record, I did not state that the owners shouldn't be involved.

Brandon doesn't have the qualifications to interview a coach.

He does have the qualifications to run the business end of a sports team.

If/when the Bills are close enough to a decision that dollars and terms need to be discussed, by all means, he should be involved. Not until then.

For the record, I did not state that the owners shouldn't be involved.

That's some super-stretchy mental gymnastics. So Terry and Kim can sit there but not ask any questions?

I assumed that if you think Brandon is not qualified to interview a candidate, despite having had organization control of the whole she-bang in recent times, you also think the Pegulas aren't qualified to do so.

They own the business and have every interest in knowing the character of the person who is going to be the face of that business.

I hope Kim wears sandals for the Rex Ryan interview......

Nice one.

The Bills obviously are loaded on defense.--And people ,based on this are making a huge mistake imho.

Pettine--great coach --HC candidate!! Schwartz--great coach---HC candidate!! Perhaps our D talent is

making these guys all look better than what they are.

Schwartz had basically the same talent in Detroit as the '14 version.

Pettine has been OK in Cleveland--jury still out.

My wild guess is that the next Bills DC will have a great year too.

PLEASE no Schwartz as HC. Let him leave if he wants.

We were all worried about the D when Pettine left.

The Bills obviously are loaded on defense.--And people ,based on this are making a huge mistake imho.

Pettine--great coach --HC candidate!! Schwartz--great coach---HC candidate!! Perhaps our D talent is

making these guys all look better than what they are.

Schwartz had basically the same talent in Detroit as the '14 version.

Pettine has been OK in Cleveland--jury still out.

My wild guess is that the next Bills DC will have a great year too.

PLEASE no Schwartz as HC. Let him leave if he wants.

We were all worried about the D when Pettine left.

Interviews requested wth Pep Hamilton, Mike Shanahan and Hue Jackson