Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I've watched lots of preseasons that fed false hope before.

But I have never watched a preseason that was as much of a pessimistic, sky-is-falling, we're doomed tire fire as this one.

I caved and bought Sunday ticket this morning.

I'm with you on this one. The prophecies of doom are totally out of hand, in my not-so-humble opinion. They might not be great, but I legitimately don't think there's even a remotely high chance for a tire fire.

I'm with you on this one. The prophecies of doom are totally out of hand, in my not-so-humble opinion. They might not be great, but I legitimately don't think there's even a remotely high chance for a tire fire.

I base my Week 1 doom prediction on the following:

1. A QB that hasn't show even close to big game, big moment ability. The closest he came was the Carolina game last year.

2. A rookie RT and a rookie second string RT

3. A rookie WR that hasn't had a chance to mesh with QB and is sporting some tender ribs. Thank God for Woods.

4. A team that will try to run constantly, dump screens to RB/TE or throw six yard patterns most of the time.

5. A very vulnerable secondary against Jefferies and Marshall

6. A road game

7. Matt Forte

Edited by wjag

The D should be too good to allow a 12+ loss season. I do think 6-10 Is in the cards again.

The Bills come charging out of the tunnel next week led by Jim Kelly and there isn't a dry eye in the house. the momentum of a road win today springboards the team on a hell of a run. Today is the day for hope, it's all we got right now....

Edited by CallawaySabres

I think Pears kicks out to tackle and Urbik plays RG before Kouandjo touches the field. I'd be surprised if Kouandjo is active.

Good call on CK being inactive. I think he should get the full season on the bench barring a crazy string of injuries/bad play.

Gilmore is out today. Covering Marshall/Jeffrey went from impossible to impossibler.

Edited by Tankalicious

Good call on CK being inactive. I think he should get the full season on the bench barring a crazy string of injuries/bad play.

Gilmore is out today. Covering Marshall/Jeffrey went from impossible to impossibler.

Having Alshon Jeffrey in fantasy went from semi-chub to a full on 2x4.

Edited by inkman

I base my Week 1 doom prediction on the following:

1. A QB that hasn't show even close to big game, big moment ability. The closest he came was the Carolina game last year.

2. A rookie RT and a rookie second string RT

3. A rookie WR that hasn't had a chance to mesh with QB and is sporting some tender ribs. Thank God for Woods.

4. A team that will try to run constantly, dump screens to RB/TE or throw six yard patterns most of the time.

5. A very vulnerable secondary against Jefferies and Marshall

6. A road game

7. Matt Forte

1) Agree to disagree on whether "big game, big moment ability" is even a thing.

2) A rookie RT who has looked terrific all offseason. He earned that job through his play.

3) WR group is a bit worrisome, but keep in mind Williams has looked pretty good (and I was a huge skeptic of the acquisition).

4) A lot of great teams' offenses rely on these exact tactics. It can work. It's not my preferred approach, and I'm not at all sold on our specific play design and scheming...but the approach can be effective when done right.

5) Yea, especially without Gilmore, this may get rough. However: our pass rush last season was elite. A great pass rush can mask deficiencies in the secondary and force Cutler into mistakes (he's bad against pressure).

6 & 7) Points granted.

I really like what I see from the team so far. Manuel has looked very solid. I'v never seen a fanbase want a QB so badly draft high, and then finally get one and just hate on him through his rookie season (where he showed flashes, was injured, was a ROOKIE). And then continue to hate on him in the offseason and preseason. Pathetic and ignorant of how QBs develop IMO. I hope manuel makes it just so all the fans can look back and say "yea I doubted him and wanted the bills to get rid of him when he struggled as an injured rookie and in preseason."

Will he make it? Who knows. But nothing has been shown either way, ha has ups and downs in his very short career.

Just keep running out of bounds EJ. That's all I want from you.

Yea very smart play!

Edited by Numark

Keep running screens to the 75 year old.

haha I know. Especially the first one that was set up properly and freddy had room to run if he could beat one man. Couldn't help think spiller is ideal for those plays (even though spiller just ran backwards to try his best to get us out of FG range) Edited by Numark

haha I know. Especially the first one that was set up properly and freddy had room to run if he could beat one man. Couldn't help spiller is ideal for those plays (even though spiller just ran backwards to try his best to get us out of FG range)

I hate Fred Jackson.