Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

? where do you get this from? Woods sprained an ankle last year, and that was it no? a one time instance does not make a recurring issue? Goodwin broke his wrist on a fluke, one time deal...again doesn't make him injury prone (although I do agree that he isn't built to take a lickin' as you put it).

Just think you're over-thinking those two's injury history.

but that's the eternal optimist in me I guess...

Goodwin blew a hammy too. He's not skinny like Parrish was, but unless he can take some sort of pounding and take advantage of his speed by breaking off routes on a regular basis....he will be limited.

Woods had issues in college. If you go back to last year's draft thread, I said he is a high ankle sprain waiting to happen the way he runs. At the combine, I have never seen such a "sloppy", for lack of a better word, way of running the way he goes. He pushes out like a speed skater as he runs. It jumped out at me right away. It doesn't mean he is going to always be hurt, but he has a much better chance.

Goodwin blew a hammy too. He's not skinny like Parrish was, but unless he can take some sort of pounding and take advantage of his speed by breaking off routes on a regular basis....he will be limited.

Woods had issues in college. If you go back to last year's draft thread, I said he is a high ankle sprain waiting to happen the way he runs. At the combine, I have never seen such a "sloppy", for lack of a better word, way of running the way he goes. He pushes out like a speed skater as he runs. It jumped out at me right away. It doesn't mean he is going to always be hurt, but he has a much better chance.

Gotcha. I get where you're coming from now.

Hopefully a little bit of proper strength and conditioning will help him out.

Gotcha. I get where you're coming from now.

Hopefully a little bit of proper strength and conditioning will help him out.

Woods already had multiple ankle surgeries. One went bad and he had to miss summer sessions. It's looking like a chronic thing. He certainly played on the field decently last year when he was out there. I just wouldn't rely on him long term. He takes pressure off the foot and next thing you know his groin and back are gone.

It's an exciting top 4 WR group on paper, but they all have tragic flaws.

Wow this guy is a hard leftist, spent about 20% of the article crying about passing a carbon tax... He had some good football stuff though, in the first part he put out some good writing on the demise of the Fullback and Running Back. Very enlightening shows how you can still win running the inside like Seattle

Wow this guy is a hard leftist, spent about 20% of the article crying about passing a carbon tax... He had some good football stuff though, in the first part he put out some good writing on the demise of the Fullback and Running Back. Very enlightening shows how you can still win running the inside like Seattle

Brookings Fellow, contributing editor to The New Republic and Atlantic Monthly, etc., are his day jobs, so yeah.

He's from Kenmore, BTW.

Brookings Fellow, contributing editor to The New Republic and Atlantic Monthly, etc., are his day jobs, so yeah.

He's from Kenmore, BTW.

Presented without comment: He had a long article in the Atlantic a couple of years ago essentially saying that global warming was going to make real estate in places like WNY much more valuable.

Presented without comment: He had a long article in the Atlantic a couple of years ago essentially saying that global warming was going to make real estate in places like WNY much more valuable.

Too bad global warming is a myth.

:devil:

The 2014 Bills sure should be exciting. Obviously a lot rides on EJ performing and staying healthy. There's a thread on TBD (What if they double-team SW?) discussing that he'll need to make sure to make the right choices with this supposed slew of offensive weapons to throw to.

I thought the Stevie trade was inevitable (especially after the Watkins pick) and was initially happy about it, but after reading this thread I am not sure (thanks, Eleven).

The last time the Bills played a playoff game...uttering Brett Hull's name didn't automatically elicit a "No Goal" response around WNY. So yeah I don't see any problem with the Bills going balls to the wall.

Not to pick on you, but the Music City Miracle was in January 2000 :P .............. :cry:

Not to pick on you, but the Music City Miracle was in January 2000 :P .............. :cry:

That it was...a lot of pain during those '99 Buffalo sports seasons melds together for me. So Brett Hulls name had only been a curse word around WNY for a mere 7 months the last time the Bills played in a playoff game. I also was three years away from moving to NC, had no kids and still had all of my hair.

Sammy Watkins picked number 14 for the Bills. So if you have an old Fitz jersey there's your chance to make use of it!

He was born on the 14th day of June. He was the 4th pick in the first round in the 2014 NFL draft. Also wore 7 in high school while switching to 2 in college. 7 X 2 = 14.

Edited by Tankalicious

I don't know if this has been posted, and I have been thinking it for a while, but this group has it right: Ban Bon Jovi... just don't listen to him.

http://www.buffalone...two-bills-drive

And there is a petition to sign if you want to be a joiner... I am a little cynical about petitions, but it can't hurt.

Edited by Icehole

As long as Quinn is not involved, I have no problem with Golisano.

Do we know that LQ is out? I kinda assume that he's part of it and will again fill the role of negotiating with local government on stadium economics.

Do we know that LQ is out? I kinda assume that he's part of it and will again fill the role of negotiating with local government on stadium economics.

I have no idea whether he's in or out. Certainly, the school board isn't a full-time job. And if all Quinn does is work on the real estate issues, fine; after all, that is where his expertise lies. I just don't want him having anything to do with personnel (including management and coaches) or uniforms.

Edited by Eleven

At least Gollisano would most likely keep the Bills in Buffalo. And I agree with Eleven, if he is simply helping Gollisano with Real Estate matters and not dickering with football issues, where is the harm? He will probably help a lot with the new stadium development process...

Quinn met with Russ Brandon 3 weeks ago along with Golisano.

I can't see Golisano buying the team. I'm sure he's using this to try and leverage something else.

I will really go apesh!t if we find out 5 years from now, some people were brought in just to run up the bid on a group that was intent on moving the team no matter what. Not sure what Brandon's cut is on a sale, or some of the others. To me, the only logical local guy who I would have some faith in is Jacobs.