GDT: Nashville at Buffalo 3-11-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

134722059_slide.jpg

GAME #65: NSH (27-28-10) at BUF (19-37-8) – TUE MAR 11 – 7:00 PM EDT – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

88 Cory Conacher – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford ("A")

82 Marcus Foligno – 19 Cody Hodgson – 27 Matt D’Agostini

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 23 Ville Leino – 65 Brian Flynn

32 John Scott – 24 Zenon Konopka – 37 Matt Ellis

X: 28 Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), 80 Chris Stewart (LBI), 17 Torrey Mitchell (LBI)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 5 Chad Ruhwedel

6 Mike Weber – 57 Tyler Myers

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 52 Alexander Sulzer (LBI)

1 Jhonas Enroth

34 Michal Neuvirth

Lineup News & Notes

F Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), F Chris Stewart (LBI), F 17 Torrey Mitchell (LBI), and F Alex Sulzer (LBI)

were scratches in Sunday's 2-1 loss vs Chicago.

Weekly Transactions

03/05: Claimed F Cory Conacher off waivers from Ottawa.

03/05: Acquired F Nicolas Deslauriers & F Hudson Fasching from LAK for D McNabb, F Parker, & 2 #2 picks ('14 & '15).

03/05: Acquired G Michal Neuvirth & D Rostislav Klesla from WAS for G Jaroslav Halak & a #3 pick in '15.

03/05: Acquired F Torrey Mitchell & 2 #2 picks ('14 & '16) from MIN for F Matt Moulson & F Cody McCormick.

03/07: Recalled (on an emergency basis) F Luke Adam and F Nicolas Deslauriers from Rochester (AHL).

03/08: Reassigned F Luke Adam to Rochester (AHL); Recalled D Chad Ruhwedel (on an emergency basis) from Rochester (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo has gone 4-6-0.

Cory Conacher had an assist and three shots in his Sabres' debut vs Chicago on Sunday.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS SmileyNVP.png

Final Lineup

13 Nick Spaling – 7 Matt Cullen – 12 Mike Fisher ("A")

24 Eric Nystrom – 15 Craig Smith – 33 Colin Wilson

57 Gabriel Borque – 84 Colton Sissons – 27 Patrick Hornqvist ("A")

25 Viktor Stalberg – 28 Paul Gaustad – 16 Richard Clune

X: 17 Patrick Eaves (healthy)

59 Roman Josi – 6 Shea Weber ("C")

3 Seth Jones – 42 Mattias Ekholm

5 Michael Del Zotto – 4 Ryan Ellis

X: 64 Victor Bartley (healthy)

30 Carter Hutton

35 Pekka Rinne

Lineup News & Notes

Nashville scratched F Gabriel Borque and D Victor Bartley in Monday's 4-3 OT win at Ottawa.

Weekly Transactions

03/05: Traded G Devan Dubnyk to Montreal for future considerations.

03/05: Acquired F's Calle Jarnkrok, Patrick Eaves & a conditional #3 pick in '14 for F David Legwand.

03/06: Reassigned F Simon Moser to Milwaukee (AHL).

03/10: Recalled F Colton Sissons from Milwaukee (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Nashville has gone 3-5-2.

Nick Spaling has goals in two of the past three games.

PREGAME LINKS

03/09 – GAME RECAP: SABRES HANG WITH BLACKHAWKS BUT FALL SHORT (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/10 – GAME RECAP: Predators beat Senators on Jones' OT goal (Sean Farrell – NHL.com)

03/11 – Predators visit Sabres, go for two in a row (Brian Hunter – NHL.com)

03/10 – Move from defense to wing helped Deslauriers earn notice, first NHL recall (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

03/11 – Sabres and Ted Nolan working out new contract (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

03/11 – Sabres ready to see what new roster and youngsters can do down the stretch (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

03/10 – BEYOND THE BOARDS: MYERS MISSES PRACTICE, EXPECTED TO PLAY TUESDAY (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/10 – Game Preview: 3/11/14 vs Nashville Predators (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/10 – Dan Dunleavy recaps Monday's practice at First Niagara Center. <1:50>

03/10 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Monday's practice at First Niagara Center. <5:42>

03/11 – WGR: Ted Nolan's weekly segment on the Howard Simon Show <16:15>

03/11 – Sabres vs Predators Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/11 – Press Clips: 3/11/14 vs Nashville Predators (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/11 – Sabres newcomer Chris Stewart likely done for season (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

03/11 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <5:35>

03/11 – GAME PREVIEW: Preds close out back-to-back games in Buffalo (Jimi Russell – Nashville Predators)

03/11 – Dan Dunleavy previews Tuesday night's game against the Predators at First Niagara Center. <3:12>

03/11 – THE MORNING SKATE: MYERS IN, NO LINEUP CHANGES FOR BUFFALO (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/11 – Alexander Sulzer speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <1:01>

03/11 – Chad Ruhwedel speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <3:57>

03/11 – Zenon Konopka speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <1:53>

03/11 – Tyler Myers speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <2:34>

03/11 – Joe Sacco speaks with Dan Dunleavy prior to Sunday night's game against the Predators at First Niagara Center. <1:21>

POSTGAME LINKS

03/11 – NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres (NHL.com)

03/11 – Post-Game Report: 3/11 vs. NSH (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/11 – GAME RECAP: SABRES ALLOW 4 UNANSWERED AGAINST PREDS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/11 – Dan Dunleavy recaps the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Predators. <2:55>

03/11 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Predators. <2:44>

03/11 – Drew Stafford speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Predators. <2:56>

03/11 – Jhonas Enroth speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Predators. <1:46>

03/11 – Tyler Ennis speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Predators. <1:07>

03/11 – Cody Hodgson speaks with Brian Duff following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Predators. <1:52>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Although I wasn't impressed with anything he did the other night, I would of liked to see Adam given more than 1 game to get back up to the big club, I don't think it's that important to have Scott, Konopka and Leino in the lineup.

I see Ville Leino is going to go at center, I heard he's a good center. :rolleyes:

Although I wasn't impressed with anything he did the other night, I would of liked to see Adam given more than 1 game to get back up to the big club, I don't think it's that important to have Scott, Konopka and Leino in the lineup.

I see Ville Leino is going to go at center, I heard he's a good center. :rolleyes:

I think what you see with Luke is what you got. He's played in 10 games with the Sabres with year and has one point. For a scorer, that's not going to cut it.

Apparently we are in a full scale rebuild... who knew?

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2014/3/11/5495412/buffalo-sabres-nashville-predators-2014-march-11-preview?utm_source=ontheforecheck&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

It contains this rather accurate quote.

Seriously, look at that stats box above - the Sabres are a simmering pile of garbage these days.

Nashville is my favorite western conference team for an unknown reason, I just like them.

You got the hots for Trotz!

Apparently we are in a full scale rebuild... who knew?

http://www.onthefore...n=articlebottom

It contains this rather accurate quote: "Seriously, look at that stats box above - the Sabres are a simmering pile of garbage these days."

Well at least they might not be "spinning their wheels in an Edmonton-like morass." (i.e., the Sabres aren't the standard in futility. Yet.)

I think what you see with Luke is what you got. He's played in 10 games with the Sabres with year and has one point. For a scorer, that's not going to cut it.

I suppose you're right, I just always thought that he had a lot more to give, maybe he's comfortable being near the top in the AHL.

Gooooooooose!

Down here in Nashville there are a couple of douchebags who blow duck calls at certain times throughout the games... I finally realized what they were doing... Whenever Goose is on the ice these guys quack away with their duck calls. Goose... duck... whatevah....

Down here in Nashville there are a couple of douchebags who blow duck calls at certain times throughout the games... I finally realized what they were doing... Whenever Goose is on the ice these guys quack away with their duck calls. Goose... duck... whatevah....

That southern education system paying off.

@BuffaloSabres

Nolan very impressed by Conacher's "competitive spirit." He says, "When you've got that, that's a good sign." #Sabres

Enroth to play tonight, Nolan says. #Sabres

Nolan says "nothing serious" on Myers and he'll be back tonight. #Sabres

#Sabres Interim Coach Ted Nolan says Sulzer is close, likely back next game after tonight.

@BillHoppeNHL

Sounds like Chris Stewart is out for the season. #Sabres

03/11 – Sabres vs Predators Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/11 – Press Clips: 3/11/14 vs Nashville Predators (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think the kid needs to go to another team if he wants to have a shot at an NHL career, he has been burned on this one.

the stats don't look much different imo

That southern education system paying off.

It's always weird to me when people from Buffalo criticize the south. The two regions are on opposite trajectories, and not in a good way for our little city.

The Predators haven't been playing great and played last night. Tonight should be a Sabres win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.