OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

All of it. I suppose I could try to explain goaltending and team dynamics to you but I lack the time and you lack the aptitude.

Continue to expound on something you don't understand. It's entertaining.

If you can't talk without backing up your tripe, don't partake. Me thinks you don't understand the definition of 'ignorant'. It's another one of those catch phrases that people throw out randomly in an attempt to belittle.

Referring to actual analysis of Ryan Miller as being spouted by "Miller apologists" suggests that the bolded is false. And if you actually added anything to the discussion (other than "he's average") maybe it wouldn't be so one sided?

I have, you chose to ignore them.

Does anyone have the time to look at the records of every goalie that moved at or around the deadline this year? That could be an interesting one.

quick check - it looks like Miller played 19 games between March 2 and April 13th to end the regular season.

that's a pretty large workload.

I'm not sure a lesser workload beats Chicago - but it certainly doesn't leave much practice time to adjust.

I'm not in the mood to take pot shots at Miller. I'm presenting legitimate arguments with facts to back it up. The problem is that apparently it's still taboo to say anything remotely negative about Ryan Miller without somebody sending out the bat signal for all the Miller apologists. For some reason fans think he's the only one exempt from criticism. I'm sorry you'll only accept a one-sided discussion.

For years now all we've heard are excuses for Miller with the small exception of the lead up to the Olympics. When in reality the Sabres 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th string goaltenders had a better combined save percentage than Miller did after his trade. Aside from Enroth, none of them had time to adjust to a "system". And they pllayed behind the worst team in the league. All these excuses for Miller but not one on the fan club is willing to admit that maybe he's just average. Maybe the pre-Olympic hot streak Miller had was "random".

What am I missing?

Isn't this whole thread about how Miller underachieved?

quick check - it looks like Miller played 19 games between March 2 and April 13th to end the regular season.

that's a pretty large workload.

I'm not sure a lesser workload beats Chicago - but it certainly doesn't leave much practice time to adjust.

What am I missing?

Isn't this whole thread about how Miller underachieved?

No, the majority of the last close to 100+ posts have been about Miller signing with a new team, and what may hinder his chances of getting what he wants. All I did was mention his attitude might be an issue and the crew goes into full attack mode on me. Of course I'm the bad guy. We can sit here and trash Leino, Darcy, Stafford..... But the second I say something remotely negative about Miller the thread goes to hell with people making me out to be the bad guy. Of course I'm the guilty one, not the rest that gang up on me.

No, the majority of the last close to 100+ posts have been about Miller signing with a new team, and what may hinder his chances of getting what he wants. All I did was mention his attitude might be an issue and the crew goes into full attack mode on me. Of course I'm the bad guy. We can sit here and trash Leino, Darcy, Stafford..... But the second I say something remotely negative about Miller the thread goes to hell with people making me out to be the bad guy. Of course I'm the guilty one, not the rest that gang up on me.

Aye, because when several people have a problem with your post, it's their fault. That's reasonable.

Not all the miller apologists have been involved. :ph34r:

Sorry. :P

Aye, because when several people have a problem with your post, it's their fault. That's reasonable.

Have problems with my posts all you want. Failing to counter my points is the issue here that many are guilty of, including yourself.

Be still.......breathe....

If you haven't noticed, we are doing an autopsy here.

Wheaties are indeed cheaper here than they are in St.Louis....

As for the Miller debate, I'm in with the Miler-defenders. I can't find it, but X and I had a good conversation about how the St.Louis system just did not fit Miller's style. He's an aggressive goalie that likes to take shots head on, and St.Louis liked to swarm around his net and try to block shots. If you have a great goalie you let them handle their job, but instead the Blues just ran around in front of him and tried to do it for him.

If you can't talk without backing up your tripe, don't partake. Me thinks you don't understand the definition of 'ignorant'. It's another one of those catch phrases that people throw out randomly in an attempt to belittle.

You belittle the posters here with your shallow and dismissive posts on this subject. While others are having thoughtful discussion and attempting to rationalize Miller's failure, you've already made up your mind.

Unless you've got something to actually add to the discussion I suggest you take your close-minded attitude over to the kids table. The adults are talking.

Can we all agree that, throughout his entire career, Miller has been a good to very good goaltender who can sometimes play lights out and, on occasion, gives up soft goals at what seem like the worst possible time?

For what it's worth, the conversation around Bflo's defense v the Blue's defense has merit. From what I saw watching the Blues after the trade, Bflo's d-zone posture is more aggressive with more attacking the puck and trying to eliminate passing lanes and allowing Miller to face the shooter.

As said upthread, the Blues emphasized shot blocking which, in a sense, required Miller to lean toward the open player. After years of coming out and challenging shooters, he had to stay back so he'd have a better chance of moving laterally to get square after the pass.

Regardless of whether it's Call of Duty or the NHL, if you are most comfortable in being aggressive in your style of play, dialing it back feels like you're not as engaged and are much more reactionary than you'd like to be. And that, in my humblest of opinions, is why he struggled down the stretch.

Can we all agree that, throughout his entire career, Miller has been a good to very good goaltender who can sometimes play lights out and, on occasion, gives up soft goals at what seem like the worst possible time?

For what it's worth, the conversation around Bflo's defense v the Blue's defense has merit. From what I saw watching the Blues after the trade, Bflo's d-zone posture is more aggressive with more attacking the puck and trying to eliminate passing lanes and allowing Miller to face the shooter.

As said upthread, the Blues emphasized shot blocking which, in a sense, required Miller to lean toward the open player. After years of coming out and challenging shooters, he had to stay back so he'd have a better chance of moving laterally to get square after the pass.

Regardless of whether it's Call of Duty or the NHL, if you are most comfortable in being aggressive in your style of play, dialing it back feels like you're not as engaged and are much more reactionary than you'd like to be. And that, in my humblest of opinions, is why he struggled down the stretch.

Shut up, Miller is average.

/thread

You belittle the posters here with your shallow and dismissive posts on this subject. While others are having thoughtful discussion and attempting to rationalize Miller's failure, you've already made up your mind.

Unless you've got something to actually add to the discussion I suggest you take your close-minded attitude over to the kids table. The adults are talking.

I've added plenty. You came out and called me ignorant without absolutely noting to back it up, when I didn't even address you.

You might want to look in the mirror.

All I started with was that I believed that Miller's attitude has, and will play a part in his future or at least the terms of his contract. Tom Webster was the only one that followed it up with a well thought out post.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.