OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

You belittle the posters here with your shallow and dismissive posts on this subject. While others are having thoughtful discussion and attempting to rationalize Miller's failure, you've already made up your mind.

Unless you've got something to actually add to the discussion I suggest you take your close-minded attitude over to the kids table. The adults are talking.

You said it all!

I'm sorry that we can beat a dead horse when it's all acceptable to trash every member of the Sabres organization, past and present, except for Ryan Miller. I'm sorry that all it takes is the slightest mention of anything negative about Miller to rally the troops. I'm sorry that nobody can recognize the double standard that we can talk about Miller unitl we're blue in the face, but nobody mentions the dead horse or repetitious rhetoric until a contradictory opinion is thrown into the equation. I'm sorry that some people get offended so easily and I'm sorry for offering an opinion that all but one fail to address, while ironically saying I have nothing to add. I guess the Hockey Channel was right about fans from BFLO.

With that said, from now on I will be sure to submit my differing opinion to the propoer autorities for approval before posting on the forum. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

Now, I'm going to pack for my vacation, something some people around here may want to consider because this place is would way too tight.

By the way, I won't hold my breath for any counterpoints. I'd be dead already.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I'm sorry that we can beat a dead horse when it's all acceptable to trash every member of the Sabres organization, past and present, except for Ryan Miller. I'm sorry that all it takes is the slightest mention of anything negative about Miller to rally the troops. I'm sorry that nobody can recognize the double standard that we can talk about Miller unitl we're blue in the face, but nobody mentions the dead horse or repetitious rhetoric until a contradictory opinion is thrown into the equation. I'm sorry that some people get offended so easily and I'm sorry for offering an opinion that all but one fail to address, while ironically saying I have nothing to add. I guess the Hockey Channel was right about fans from BFLO.

Dude, just let it ###### go already.

Sorry but as much as people like Miller I believe he's a good not great goalie that can't win the big games. End of Story. Now let's talk about Vanek for a second this guy has all the talent to be a great player but no drive and no hustle. He is not worth a big money contract he will probably get this off-season.

It's OK, JJ. Take comfort in being on the winning side. They're just sore losers. Average posters, if you will.

It's always the system with this guy. Just stop the frickin puck.

Because this is such a remarkable, argument-winning, accurate, insightful, better-than-average take on how goaltending actually works, yes.

With that said, from now on I will be sure to submit my differing opinion to the propoer autorities for approval before posting on the forum. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

Now, I'm going to pack for my vacation, something some people around here may want to consider because this place is would way too tight.

By the way, I won't hold my breath for any counterpoints. I'd be dead already.

Actually I'm ###### sick and tired of hearing it from both sides. Ryan Miller is gone, goodbye, so long, see ya later.

http://youtu.be/ghi1A_nTVYw

Edited by LGR4GM

A nice discussion about Miller's failings, his market value, his goal-tending style, where he might end up, the Blues choices, and the merit of this trade in the overall picture, and the value coming back was an interesting one to me.

Too bad that's a discussion we can't have here. :(

Miller has 604 career starts, with a cumulative sv% of .915. He had 6 playoff games this year with a cumulative sv% of .897. That's a huge difference, and it was caused by something--I fall firmly on the "random variance" side of the argument, but there are other alternatives. We can quibble over what his career numbers mean, but explaining a significant departure from his career numbers isn't an exercise in excuse-making. So either you're just in the mood to take a pot-shot at MIller, or you misunderstood the conversation.

Secondly, nobody has said Miller can't adjust to a new team--we're saying that being asked to significantly change the way you play at the trade deadline doesn't exactly make for a seamless transition.

If you have a shot....look up Miller's numbers the last 10 games of the regular season and playoffs for every year. I'm not doing it, but I have a hypothesis.

Have a beer, relax, it's the internet. Anger discredits validity. That goes for everyone.

Enjoy your vacation. Wish I could take one, but I work for a facist regime besmirched with favoritism.

So what you're saying is the National Endowment for the Arts is nothing but a liberal government ploy to use public money and identify and sharpen the talents of future commodities who serve at the pleasure of a favored, controlling few?

Oh Virginia.....

If you have a shot....look up Miller's numbers the last 10 games of the regular season and playoffs for every year. I'm not doing it, but I have a hypothesis.

You and I are so lazy. Hey, someone else do my research for me! I bet you get the same response I did... nothing.

Who is that in the middle? I now have this crazy theory that everyone in that video except Adam has been shipped out of town as a part of the massive legal settlement issued in Luke's favor. I'm not quite sure who the guy who skates through is either.

You and I are so lazy. Hey, someone else do my research for me! I bet you get the same response I did... nothing.

Well, Drane's request is pretty easy to do, just have to pull up a stats page and copy paste. Yours, on the other hand, requires the an additional step of looking up goalie trades. No soup for you!

Have a beer, relax, it's the internet. Anger discredits validity. That goes for everyone.

Enjoy your vacation. Wish I could take one, but I work for a facist regime besmirched with favoritism.

Thank you, I'm sure I will. Wish it were a little cooler. Hope you get your chance soon!

Because this is such a remarkable, argument-winning, accurate, insightful, better-than-average take on how goaltending actually works, yes.

I'm not proud of it, but save percentage is still the best statistical marker we have to evaluate goalies, right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.