OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

Still think the Caps and Canucks should matchup on an Ovechkin for Sedin twins deal.

Wouldn't the Caps be able to do better than that?

The Sedin's are damn good players, but are 33 as to where Ovi is 28?

Might not be many years left in the Sedin's, if you want to shake things up, why bring in two guys who are entering the autmn of their careers?

Wouldn't the Caps be able to do better than that?

The Sedin's are damn good players, but are 33 as to where Ovi is 28?

Might not be many years left in the Sedin's, if you want to shake things up, why bring in two guys who are entering the autmn of their careers?

If only the Caps still had McPhee.

Huh. Maybe the sign of a long-term deal with Miller? Especially now that Corsi's out with Buffalo, Corsi could be headed to St Louis too.

Or maybe just Hitchcock shuffling guys around for his extension.

Nailed it!

I think it's still possible that Miller resigns in St Louis, but it'd be a quite unlikely and curious move. Keep in mind that Brian Elliott hasn't ever played a truly "full" (>55 game) season. Does a wannabe contender go all in on Elliott and developing goalie Jake Allen? Or do they bring in a veteran, have him split time with the guy that's been splitting time, and let Jake Allen take time to develop in the A? That'd be a lot of goalie insurance, but a defense-first team may be looking for that- because if one of those guys goes down or, in Elliott's case, they can't handle the workload, their goaltending situation becomes an enormous question mark.

Nailed it!

I think it's still possible that Miller resigns in St Louis, but it'd be a quite unlikely and curious move. Keep in mind that Brian Elliott hasn't ever played a truly "full" (>55 game) season. Does a wannabe contender go all in on Elliott and developing goalie Jake Allen? Or do they bring in a veteran, have him split time with the guy that's been splitting time, and let Jake Allen take time to develop in the A? That'd be a lot of goalie insurance, but a defense-first team may be looking for that- because if one of those guys goes down or, in Elliott's case, they can't handle the workload, their goaltending situation becomes an enormous question mark.

No it isn't. The Blues have stated publicly that they are going with the Allen Elliot tandem next year and that they will not be bringing Ryan Miller back.

Nailed it!

Nope, not going to happen, and I don't think Ryan is going to have too many other options starting July 1.

I still think Corsi was part of the problem.

Have you elaborated on exactly why, or what problem? If he's part of the problem, then presumably you'd argue Miller has underperformed his talent level? You may have already done this, and I may have just missed (or forgotten) it, but I'd be interested to have you lay it out. Or it could be 2am and I'm totally misinterpreting this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.