Nolan kicked John Scott out of practice this morning

Hoss

According to multiple Buffalo scribes, Ted Nolan kicked John Scott out of practice this morning because he didn't like how he was practicing and "fumbling around with the puck."

I almost don't think this deserves its own thread, but I didn't know where to put it. Maybe I could trade the title to "Sabres practice notes" and we can put any weird stuff like this and lineup stuff in here?

Hard to say if and how Ted Nolan's perspective on coaching , player effort has been effected by coaching what was said to be a far less talented team in Latvia who with effort and a plan played the best players in the world (all nations) hardly a walkover . Got to think on Latvia there were similar players in terms of skill sets who with effort and following a plan excelled. Perhaps this the message to Scott ..?

Edited by millbank

Its about sending a message to a team, Scott is the perfect player to use for it because he generally sucks at sticckhandling and his feelings won't get hurt by it. No ego to bruise and even if you could, he's a 4min or less player on most nights.

How is that a message...like you said , a 4th liner who rarely plays......

How is that a message...like you said , a 4th liner who rarely plays......

Since the team is full of 4th line talent, I assume it wasn't skill related. I'm betting he took exception to Scott laughing about it, or not hustling, or something similar. Regardless of what it was, any time a coach is angry enough to kick someone out of practice, it does get the attention of others. If reports are true, Scott was not pleased, which is probably exactly what Nolan wants.

This is a crucial time for Nolan and the team. Odds are that the team will lose 5ish players come deadline day. If Ott and Miller are gone and usually provide structure, discipline and professionalism, someone will need to fill that void. If we are lacking in veteran leadership for the rest of the year, Nolan may have to be the bad cop more often.

Since the team is full of 4th line talent, I assume it wasn't skill related. I'm betting he took exception to Scott laughing about it, or not hustling, or something similar. Regardless of what it was, any time a coach is angry enough to kick someone out of practice, it does get the attention of others. If reports are true, Scott was not pleased, which is probably exactly what Nolan wants.

This is a crucial time for Nolan and the team. Odds are that the team will lose 5ish players come deadline day. If Ott and Miller are gone and usually provide structure, discipline and professionalism, someone will need to fill that void. If we are lacking in veteran leadership for the rest of the year, Nolan may have to be the bad cop more often.

ok, good points.

OK like i just got texted from like some girl who was there and like john was like talking to kelli thru the glass and like coach got mad and like thats so bogus i think cuz i think like i heard kelli missed gym cuz like she had a uti or something so anyways coach monitors lunch 2tomo second period and like i heard everyone is going to like walk out

OK like i just got texted from like some girl who was there and like john was like talking to kelli thru the glass and like coach got mad and like thats so bogus i think cuz i think like i heard kelli missed gym cuz like she had a uti or something so anyways coach monitors lunch 2tomo second period and like i heard everyone is going to like walk out

Omg totes4realz!!!!

We shd stick^4 John x1000. He's 100%QL, n Ted S LK a bad uncL. jst coz he beats d sht outa ppl duznt mke him bad. Ted = boo!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.