Nolan kicked John Scott out of practice this morning

Hoss

John Scott left practice early. The 6-foot-8 forward has been practicing as a defenseman while Tallinder is overseas.

“He just fumbled the puck a few times in practice and I didn’t like it,” Nolan said. “In order for us to get better here, we have to practice better. He just had one of those moments and I didn’t like it so we sent him off.”

After being dismissed, Scott snapped his stick and stormed off to the dressing room, slamming the bench door behind him.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=26484&utm_campaign=Wildfire+Message+-+%23Sabres+still+plan+to+start+Miller+tomorrow...&utm_content=po_888856&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

Sounds like Nolan wasn't happy with Scott's focus or something. Strange.

Ted says he was fumbling with the puck. Heck, a majority of the line up does that on a consistent basis each and every game. Why pick on the 4th line enforcer? To send a message to the rest of the team.

My guess is Nolan saw what a crap Latvian team could do when got their collective minds set on something, and realised the Sabres weren't giving their all

Throwing John Scott off the ice though, seems like benching Dan Paille or whoever, to wake up Derek Roy.

Edited by Kristian

After being dismissed, Scott snapped his stick and stormed off to the dressing room, slamming the bench door behind him.

"Okay, John, I gotta get the attention of these guys and I need your help. Everyone likes you so here's what we're gonna do: I want ya to fumble around with the puck, and I'm gonna kick you outta practice, and you're gonna storm off and smash your stick and stuff. Think you can handle that?"

"Uh.... yeah boss, whatever you say."

According to a my source, a friend of a friend who has a cousin that dated a concession worker that was fired after working one Sabres game two years ago, Nolan had just learned from LaFontaine that an official deal is being finalized for a trade involving Miller. Nolan wasn't happy about it and went off on John Scott because he laughed about nothing while Nolan was talking about today's game.

According to a my source, a friend of a friend who has a cousin that dated a concession worker that was fired after working one Sabres game two years ago, Nolan had just learned from LaFontaine that an official deal is being finalized for a trade involving Miller. Nolan wasn't happy about it and went off on John Scott because he laughed about nothing while Nolan was talking about today's game.

Really?

The sabres need to realize you don't need fighters. It's a waste of roster space and hurts you 4th line production. If you want a fighter just get a Lucic or James Neal type player who can score and fight when it's necessary

How many of those guys are there? Foligno supposed to be that guy but he forgot the scoring part a couple of seasons ago.

Nolan on GR this AM (which was very good, olympic perspective) downplayed it of course but said Scott was having trouble with a certain stick handling drill, meant to throw him out of the drill only, Scott misinterpreted and left the ice. +1 for coach. Latvia point is probably correct. Those guys would kill for an NHL opportunity.

Nolan / WGR link

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.