Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

I think Ryan Miller likes the area and likes the organization. I think he dislikes the team (meaning the talent). He does want to win and win badly, it is one of the things that makes him such a likeable little ######. That all being said I do not believe he would resign here this summer and I am highly doubtful that he will resign here at all. He is going to get traded and I think it will come prior to March 5th.

I will be very surprised if Miller resigns here. He wants to play for a Stanley Cup contender and that won't happen here for at least two-three years and most likely 4-5. By that time he'll be at the end of his career with a team that is just getting to the point where it can compete. The timing is just off for him with Buffalo.

You know I was almost there. But then it hit me that the Sabres are almost competitive with a line-up of Matt D'Agostinis.

And if Miller stays, we make a few judicious acquisitions and a few of our kids come on, we could challenge for a playoff spot with our most talented forward being Cody Hodgson.

And we will fool ourselves into climbing back on to the almost good enough Darcy Regier cycle.

I want a cup. We need more elite talent. And we aren't going to get it picking 11.

Let's make this suffering worth something.

+1

I think that if he were demanding 7 years, I would pass.

A 5-year extension would end just before he turns 39 -- i.e. he would be 38 during his last season and then turn 39 that summer. Lundqvist's extension ends just after Lundy turns 39 -- i.e. he turns 39 in March of that season. So a 5-year deal is the closest comparable to Lundy's in terms of age.

I suppose if it took a 6-year term to get Miller signed, I would do it, but at that point you have to be prudent and plan on Miller going downhill during at least the last year of the deal, and likely 2 years. 7 years is too much.

I can't go into next season planning on a tank. Life is too short.

We have to live. We have to look forward to the games and enjoy them.

We can't just write off another year in the hope that some 18-year-old (who will probably the 4th or 5th pick in the draft) will someday lead us to the promised land.

Give me Nolan, Miller, Callahan, another couple of good forwards they find somewhere this summer and continued development from Myers and the rest of the D and I'll look forward to the playoffs next year.

YES.

I think 11 would be a good pick, I haven't seen it but I heard he has wheels!

Not afraid of going into the corners, no matter who he's posting against. Posts big in big threads.

He's got soft, even gentle, hands but sharp elbows. You'd better count your teeth after running into him.

hahaha

Suggestion #1: Miller to Philly with retained salary for Laughton or Cousins, Meszaros, and their first. That team gets really scary with a good goalie. Probably isn't on the 10-team list. Meszaros is a cap play for the flyers.

Suggestion #2: Sign him to a big deal if he'll take it, we won't have cap issues for the next 2-3 years, and by 2019, the cap will probably be well over $100M.

To suggestion 1: NEVER!!!

There is no ####ing way in h-e-double hockey sticks the I want the curse of Pelle Lindbergh transferred to this team. I've gotten used to having guys like Crozier, Edwards, Hasek, & Miller between the pipes. I don't want to experience 20+ years of Esche & Snow.

If they trade Miller, that might just be the camel that breaks the straws back (and before you post, I know what I did here) for me. I'm already really down on my home town teams, this just might do me in. I can't see a rebuild be successful without a legit goalie.

If they trade Miller, that might just be the camel that breaks the straws back (and before you post, I know what I did here) for me. I'm already really down on my home town teams, this just might do me in. I can't see a rebuild be successful without a legit goalie.

Dude the bills just got Ramses Barden and Nathan Williams SUPER BOWL

You know I was almost there. But then it hit me that the Sabres are almost competitive with a line-up of Matt D'Agostinis.

And if Miller stays, we make a few judicious acquisitions and a few of our kids come on, we could challenge for a playoff spot with our most talented forward being Cody Hodgson.

And we will fool ourselves into climbing back on to the almost good enough Darcy Regier cycle.

I want a cup. We need more elite talent. And we aren't going to get it picking 11.

Jerry...I think it moved.

Dude the bills just got Ramses Barden and Nathan Williams SUPER BOWL

I went and checked TBD expecting a good 10 page thread on these scrubs - sadly only a 3 pager... the bills posters are slacking over there. Every pickup is always going to be an impact player on TBD.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

+1

Jerry...I think it moved.

Keep fighting the good fight gentlemen.

We can't just write off another year in the hope that some 18-year-old (who will probably the 4th or 5th pick in the draft) will someday lead us to the promised land.

Give me Nolan, Miller, Callahan, another couple of good forwards they find somewhere this summer and continued development from Myers and the rest of the D and I'll look forward to the playoffs next year.

These are 2 amazing posts. I think I'm a little bit more on the freeman side ever since PLF and TN gave me hope. Ever since Tim Murray and Craig Patrick got hired, who needs another year of a suckitude?

These are 2 amazing posts. I think I'm a little bit more on the freeman side ever since PLF and TN gave me hope. Ever since Tim Murray and Craig Patrick got hired, who needs another year of a suckitude?

I do! :P

As dudacek points out what's the best you can honestly hope for next season? Somehow squeaking into the playoffs and needing the miracle of all miracles to ride that to a cup? I've got no use for middling seasons any longer. Give me an honest shot at the cup or give me suckitude!

Edited by Claude_Verret

As dudacek points out what's the best you can honestly hope for next season? Somehow squeaking into the playoffs and needing the miracle of all miracles to ride that to a cup? I've got no use for middling seasons any longer. Give me an honest shot at the cup or give me suckitude!

When I hear "give me suckitude" I Don't think about hockey lol...... Mind, meet gutter!

According to 1 writer Miller isn't even in the Vezina hunt... this ranking btw is sad.

http://www.thehockey...op-takes-crown/

Also Linus Ullmark.

Kris Baker@SabresProspects

Linus Ullmark made 45 saves as MODO held on to beat SHL top dog Skelleftea. SAIK spent ~12:00 on PP.

Welcome to life outside of "Oh, Miller, what a save!" New York.

Wait..you mean to tell me that guys who play on the worst fecking team in the league aren't typically in the hunt for post season hardware?

Welcome to life outside of "Oh, Miller, what a save!" New York.

Wait..you mean to tell me that guys who play on the worst fecking team in the league aren't typically in the hunt for post season hardware?

Actually I found it interesting that the Goaltender with a better save% than those on that list who plays for a terrible team was not in consideration. If the Vezina is for best GT than you could make a case that Ryan Miller is the best NHL goaltender. I remember the last time i ran the numbers for GT with over 1000minutes played Ryan Miller was 6th. But go ahead and be snarky.

Edited by LGR4GM

With a high pick this year and a lot of ammunition for trades, I don't think another year of tanking is worth it. Our front office will actually be building a team and not just getting a good return on trades. Next year might be a middling year in the standings, but it will hopefully be a building block towards actually becoming a contender.

I think that if he were demanding 7 years, I would pass.

A 5-year extension would end just before he turns 39 -- i.e. he would be 38 during his last season and then turn 39 that summer. Lundqvist's extension ends just after Lundy turns 39 -- i.e. he turns 39 in March of that season. So a 5-year deal is the closest comparable to Lundy's in terms of age.

I suppose if it took a 6-year term to get Miller signed, I would do it, but at that point you have to be prudent and plan on Miller going downhill during at least the last year of the deal, and likely 2 years. 7 years is too much.

I love you for this!

I am sick of tanking already. And as a season ticket holder the next invoice I get will be sickening. The tank crowd needs to remember some of us have to pay for this both emotionally and financially. I've spent enough. Show me the baby without having to tank next year. I want to see hockey. I'm willing to pay for it. There is a limit and you were pushing that limit with DRRR. That's gone and done and I am hopeful. Don't put me through this again next year please.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.