Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

Agreed.

I think he would have stopped that breakaway goal, too.

Nothing against Quick, btw; if you told me to form a hockey team from scratch, and I could take any players in the league that I wanted, he very likely would be my goalie. He's as good and has five more years in him.

Edited by Eleven

OMG, you guys whining and jonseing for RM to play sound pathetic and desperate. It's comical, almost like someone took away your pacifier. Wow!

Yes, the outrage is way out of hand. (I don't think there's a person in this thread who took issue with Bylsma's decision to start Quick.)

Edited by Eleven

Yes, they'll probably play Miller in the preliminary games because they'd want Quick to be sharp for the crucial games - I just can't see him (Miller) playing in one of the "One and Done" medal games, especially as well as Quick has played. GAA of 1.5 after two games.

Edited by Jsixspd

I almost thought Miller was going to get a shut-out this morning. it was against a sub-par Slovenian team, but it would have been his first shutout since March of 2012.

Nope, he couldn't do it - not even with only 18 shots on goal. Pretty much confirms my opinion that Miller has gone substantially downhill.

I almost thought Miller was going to get a shut-out this morning. it was against a sub-par Slovenian team, but it would have been his first shutout since March of 2012.

Nope, he couldn't do it - not even with only 18 shots on goal. Pretty much confirms my opinion that Miller has gone substantially downhill.

If this is a trolling attempt...it's a rather bad one. If this is a real hockey opinion...it's a rather bad one.

If this is a trolling attempt...it's a rather bad one. If this is a real hockey opinion...it's a rather bad one.

In fairness, had he gotten the shutout, somebody would have posted the counter 'see, his 1st shoutout in 2 years; just proves he's all about himself & the Olympics.' :rolleyes:

Well, there have been many Miller defenders who have pointed out over the last year that I was "off base" in pointing out his lack of shutouts in nearly 2 years.

Let's see... the usual excuses that I've been countered with are....

Well, he's got a poor line in front of him

He's faced a lot of shots

He faced high quality teams

The "NO" buzzer sounds loudly in front of all these traditional excuses. I think his inability to deliver a shut-out in all of these games is an important metric - it indicates either a lack of focus, attitude, hunger, desire, an erosion of ability or some mix of the aforementioned.

Edited by Jsixspd

Well, there have been many Miller defenders who have pointed out over the last year that I was "off base" in pointing out his lack of shutouts in nearly 2 years.

The "NO" buzzer sounds loudly in front of all these traditional excuses. I think his inability to deliver a shut-out in all of these games is an important metric - it indicates either a lack of focus, attitude, hunger, desire, an erosion of ability or some mix of the aforementioned.

So because Miller got beat on a good shot by a good player in the Olympics it indicates the bolded? The Miller Haters Club really needs to just stop, it is getting really old.

And now you are 0 for 2 at avoiding a troll post. :D

:P I really don't think it's trolling.

But Miller's GAA is 1.00. Quick's is only 1.50. Clearly, the stats show us who should play the rest of Team USA's games, no?

Yeah, we have a much better representative sample size for Miller's dearth of shut outs. :) I took a great deal of math in college, including two statistics courses, so I am very well versed in mean, standard deviation, statistical distributions, etc.

Maybe I'm being too harsh because I was ticked off that yesterday's SU game got postponed to 7 pm, and the idiot-savant programming manager at Channel 13 in Rochester elected not to carry it,but bumped it to their B-channel, WHAM-CW or whatever, a station I don't get on DISH. I'm still seething mad about that one!

Allegedly, DIRECT TV viewers could watch it, but I have a friend down the street with DIRECT, I was going to go there to watch and he checked channel 14, and he couldn't get it either. :(

Edited by Jsixspd

Yeah, we have a much better representative sample size for Miller's dearth of shut outs. :) I took a great deal of math in college, including two statistics courses, so I am very well versed in mean, standard deviation, statistical distributions, etc.

Maybe I'm being too harsh because I was ticked off that yesterday's SU game got postponed to 7 pm, and the idiot-savant programming manager at Channel 13 in Rochester elected not to carry it,but bumped it to their B-channel, WHAM-CW or whatever, a station I don't get on DISH. I'm still seething mad about that one!

Allegedly, DIRECT TV viewers could watch it, but I have a friend down the street with DIRECT, I was going to go there to watch and he checked channel 14, and he couldn't get it either. :(

I have DirecTV and it was on channel 14 CW, whatever that means. It was NOT however in HD, so the quality sucked but I got to watch it atleast.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.