• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Pa parentau will not be a Canadian as the deal was rejected. Rene Baroque (maybe something else) was supposedly the asking price.

Read tweets from a few team beat writers who I'm too lazy to quote.

Edited by LGR4GM

Pa parentau will not be a Canadian as the deal was rejected. Rene Baroque (maybe something else) was supposedly the asking price.

Read tweets from a few team beat writers who I'm too lazy to quote.

I also posted this in the Around the NHL thread at 6:30.

I think this thread is more aimed at just Sabres trade talk.

NHL Hockey Rumors@hockeyanonymous 2h

Per 2 sources #Coyotes offer to #Sabres is: Matt Moulson for 1st Round Pick in 2015 and Buffalo's choice of Lucas Lessio or Laurent Dauphin.

NHL Hockey Rumors@hockeyanonymous 3h

Per source #Kings offer to #Sabres does not include Tyler Toffoli. Buffalo really wants him but Los Angeles doesn't want to give him up.

Per source #Sens offer to #Sabres is: Matt Moulson for 1st in 2015 and Vincent Dunn. #Sabres want local prospect Shane Prince.

Per source #Caps offer to #Sabres is: Ryan Miller (50% Retained) for Neuvirth, Fehr (both for Cap relief), a 1st in 2015, 2nd in 2016.

@BuffSportsFan90 Not my deal: my source provided this, I just relay it. #Caps don't have many Forward prospects, won't want to deal one.

@HockeyShrader8 According to my two sources, #Blues #Caps #Panthers still in on Miller. #Caps currently the front runner.

NHL Hockey Rumors@hockeyanonymous 1h

@Patrick4444 Sorry, I relay only complete facts from my sources. This is not a parody account.

View conversation

NHL Hockey Rumors ‏@hockeyanonymous 38m

Per @john_wawrow #Sabres pitched to the NHL and Bettman says the league may move Pre-Draft Scouting Combine from Toronto to Buffalo.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

TSN INSIDER TRADING: 01/28/14

-According to McKenzie, there is a "lukewarm" market for Ryan Miller. The Wild have kicked tires and are monitoring Harding's health situation. There's "some" interest from St. Louis, but he made it sound like they'd be perfectly fine going forward with Halak.

-Perhaps the bigger piece of information is that the Rangers are gauging the trade market for Ryan Callahan and Girardi, and are prepared to trade one or both if neither are re-signed by the deadline. They are determined not to have either walk for nothing this summer. Callahan is apparently looking for 7 years at over $6m AAV.

TSN INSIDER TRADING: 01/28/14

-According to McKenzie, there is a "lukewarm" market for Ryan Miller. The Wild have kicked tires and are monitoring Harding's health situation. There's "some" interest from St. Louis, but he made it sound like they'd be perfectly fine going forward with Halak.

-Perhaps the bigger piece of information is that the Rangers are gauging the trade market for Ryan Callahan and Girardi, and are prepared to trade one or both if neither are re-signed by the deadline. They are determined not to have either walk for nothing this summer. Callahan is apparently looking for 7 years at over $6m AAV.

I heard Katie Strang from ESPN report the same thing. She said it does not look like the Rangers are going to sign either of them to extensions.

Tim -- on July 1, go get Callahan!

We have talked a lot since Bryan Murray arrived about the possibility of trading with Ottawa. If Ottawa were interested in Matt Moulson or Steve Ott, what would it take to pry Mika Zibanejad out of Ottawa? He would be perfect for the Sabres as a RHS Center who is 20 and has shown signs he can contribute in the NHL on a regular basis.

I am spitballing but wanted hear thoughts.

We have talked a lot since Bryan Murray arrived about the possibility of trading with Ottawa. If Ottawa were interested in Matt Moulson or Steve Ott, what would it take to pry Mika Zibanejad out of Ottawa? He would be perfect for the Sabres as a RHS Center who is 20 and has shown signs he can contribute in the NHL on a regular basis.

It would take more than we have to offer.

He may be 20 but is his brithdate in Feb or August :P

Edited by Derrico

I heard Katie Strang from ESPN report the same thing. She said it does not look like the Rangers are going to sign either of them to extensions.

Tim -- on July 1, go get Callahan!

Yes, please. This is the first step in getting this team back on track. You get someone like him, others will follow him here. (and on the ice.)

But, the question is...can we wait until July, or should we trade for his rights beforehand?

If you really want him, I don't think i would wait til the offseason where he would have his choice to go anywhere.

He is almost 30 and has a history of injury, he may not be looking for top dollar, he might be looking for where he can get the best chance to win soon in case he doesn't have many years left in the NHL on his body. If the Sabres are truly sticking with "Tank Mode" and looking at next year being another "Tank Year" Callahan may look elsewhere so he isn't waiting a few more years just to have a chance to get back into the playoffs.

If you really want him, I don't think i would wait til the offseason where he would have his choice to go anywhere.

He is almost 30 and has a history of injury, he may not be looking for top dollar, he might be looking for where he can get the best chance to win soon in case he doesn't have many years left in the NHL on his body. If the Sabres are truly sticking with "Tank Mode" and looking at next year being another "Tank Year" Callahan may look elsewhere so he isn't waiting a few more years just to have a chance to get back into the playoffs.

Tank Mode - I think this....