• Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

"I don't doubt" is hardly definitive.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: But my best information is MIN isn't close on anything and BUF is working to move Miller but nothing imminent. As of this moment anyway.

So the guy who started this all, Straw, has said that what he reported was the trade offer that Minn. offered to Buffalo but that the trade has not been accepted. So basically he is saying the deal on the table is Heatley, 1st round pick, Granlund or Coyle but the Sabres have not agreed to it. Again who knows.

Actually a poster named Rabi who has some legitimacy started it. Straw jumped on the train when he saw it blowing up everywhere.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: But my best information is MIN isn't close on anything and BUF is working to move Miller but nothing imminent. As of this moment anyway.

Murray has implied that he is "working to move" nearly the entire roster. How is this definitive?

Since we are all on the crazy train right now and TM is looking to trade the entire roster let me ask this.

Would you trade our entire team for Edmontons?

tough one, by team do you mean the guys currently on the Sabres roster, or also guys in Rochester? Picks and Prospects?

Do the coaches and GMs/front office also make the change?

If its just current roster guys, sure

I would then send some picks and prospects over to Edmonton for Miller and maybe a few defencemen, while making some other moves with picks and prospects to get some additional back end help

The Oilers have a good base there of high end picks up front, but they don't seem to have the coaches or front office capable of building a good team

I hate myself for getting psyched for a trade today based on the BS that was flying around in this thread.

Don't hate yourself, something will happen eventually; McKenzie used the word "is" so it's a sure thing SOMETHING. WILL. HAPPEN.

So when something, whatever it is, happens, from somewhere in this thread, someone will be close enough to say "see! I TOLD YOU something would happen, and, indeed, it has..."

Edited by sizzlemeister

Don't hate yourself, something will happen eventually, McKenzie used the word "is" so it's a sure thing SOMETHING. WILL. HAPPEN.

If you go back and read my first post you'll see that i never said or even implied this. All I said is that Bob himself definitively said that they are trying to move Miller. I didn't say what it meant or anything outside of that. What it means to me is that they are, smartly, trying to move Miller. The end.

Of course, sane people know that something, eventually, probably sooner than later, HAS to happen, simply based on the time of year, the status of certain players, the team's record, and the overall objective to become a contender. If the team were not to make a move or two, then, all of the firings and hiring lately, especially, and all of the reassurances to the public by TPegs down, would mean absolutely nothing.

So, without even checking Twitter, I, personally, can assure you that, SOMETHING will happen. And probably sooner than, oh, April.

Of course, sane people know that something, eventually, probably sooner than later, HAS to happen, simply based on the time of year, the status of certain players, the team's record, and the overall objective to become a contender. If the team were not to make a move or two, then, all of the firings and hiring lately, especially, and all of the reassurances to the public by TPegs down, would mean absolutely nothing.

So, without even checking Twitter, I, personally, can assure you that, SOMETHING will happen. And probably sooner than, oh, April.

I have Dibs on March 2nd :P

Man, someone is using *my* posts in the Enroth thread for Twitter-fodder now.

Just to make it clear, I have the same name on twitter as I do on here, so that is not me.

But, at the same time...Enroth just signed that extension, it is the only logical choice, if Miller is moved.

As for everything else...I posted all that last night to get a conversation started, which is exactly what this forum/thread is for. I see people say, "Post a legitimate trade we can discuss," so...there are some legit trades, with names, picks, teams, etc.

I never said I knew anything in particular, but that I know someone who mentioned something that struck me as odd and worthy of sharing. I will admit I have a couple "connections" within sports, but none have anything to do with what is being discussed here right now. One of them IS in a city in Missouri, but it is not St. Louis...it is a scout I grew up with, who is on the Kansas City Chiefs.

I did say I believed something WOULD happen today, just because everything heated up so quickly (not just on twitter), unlike anything I have seen before, including all the hype building throughout the day yesterday (which is why I hopped on here in the first place, I figured one of you would have something, if anything was out there)...but it seems nothing is "imminent," so I will eat my crow-soup for today, right now.

However, I reserve the right to boot that right back up, if something comes down within the next 12 hours...as I do think something is close.

The one prediction I made, as some others already have too, is...I truly believe that something happens before the Olympics. Period.

Until we find out what is going on, if anything...have a wonderful day. (and drive safe!)