• Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Re: Moulson

Depends on the prospect, doesn't it?

Re: Callahan

Would you trade Moulson for him, plus, plus the risk of not resigning him?

Because that is essentially what trading for him now would cost.

If Callahan goes to July 1, you can bet the Sabres will be after him with everything they've got.

Re: Callahan

Would you trade Moulson for him, plus, plus the risk of not resigning him?

Because that is essentially what trading for him now would cost.

If Callahan goes to July 1, you can bet the Sabres will be after him with everything they've got.

I would not make that trade. I think Moulson will bring back good assets -- probably more than Miller will. And while there would be some increase in the odds of signing Callahan, I think the odds would still be pretty low,.

I dont think it would be wise to give Callahan $6M+ for a 7 year deal, which is what hes asking. The guy is a grinder with a career high 54points. He doesnt stay healthy and doesn't address the inability to score.

I would certainly hesitate to give out a contract that will hamper this team in the long term. He's a third line player with the Rangers already, and is only playing 17 mins a game.

I dont think it would be wise to give Callahan $6M+ for a 7 year deal, which is what hes asking. The guy is a grinder with a career high 54points. He doesnt stay healthy and doesn't address the inability to score.

I would certainly hesitate to give out a contract that will hamper this team in the long term. He's a third line player with the Rangers already, and is only playing 17 mins a game.

but but but he's a local boy

Honestly making 4m a year in Buffalo is like making 50 million a year in NYC

I actually wonder if they will even go after him. Tim Murray doesn't seem like the type who would sign a guy because Pegula seems interested. PLF I don't think fits that category either. The only thing Callahan provides is a RW that can score 20goals a season. He is like better but more fragile Ott. Not sure he is what we will be looking for.

He was adding to the sarcasm.

Honestly we have a bunch of Cap room. I would love him to be here on this team because I think he is an incredible leader and player.

That's it, we certainly need leaders. We're going to be icing a young team over the next few years and I want a couple of solid vets who can really show these kids the way (similar to when it was rumored Buffalo offered Shane Doan a boat load of money). Also, although we are obviously hurting for scoring (something like record bad) if Miller is gonezo next season then we're going to have to step up our defensive game going forward as well.

That's it, we certainly need leaders. We're going to be icing a young team over the next few years and I want a couple of solid vets who can really show these kids the way (similar to when it was rumored Buffalo offered Shane Doan a boat load of money). Also, although we are obviously hurting for scoring (something like record bad) if Miller is gonezo next season then we're going to have to step up our defensive game going forward as well.

No we won't. Next year is the McDavid/Eichel sweepstakes.

I actually wonder if they will even go after him. Tim Murray doesn't seem like the type who would sign a guy because Pegula seems interested. PLF I don't think fits that category either. The only thing Callahan provides is a RW that can score 20goals a season. He is like better but more fragile Ott. Not sure he is what we will be looking for.

No. He provides what Drury provided. He is exactly the kind of guy you want on a team full of (hopefully) talented kids.

It's not all about the stats.

Please don't let this turn into one of those tired "buffalo sucks, no one will ever want to come here" threads.

He'll come if his priorities and GMTM's priorities are a good match. If they aren't, he won't.

That's how free agency works. It's very particular to the player involved and we can't get inside his head.

Ott and Callahan are very similar, if Ott could score 20 goals and 50 points.

No. He provides what Drury provided. He is exactly the kind of guy you want on a team full of (hopefully) talented kids.

Exactly!

Please don't let this turn into one of those tired "buffalo sucks, no one will ever want to come here" threads.

He'll come if his priorities and GMTM's priorities are a good match. If they aren't, he won't.

That's how free agency works. It's very particular to the player involved and we can't get inside his head.

Ott and Callahan are very similar, if Ott could score 20 goals and 50 points.

Yeah I want an Ott Foligno Callahan third line checking scoring shutdown line

I guess I disagree with what he can bring to the table both statistically and mentally. 7million per for 7years for Callahan just doesn't make sense even for us.

Edited by LGR4GM