• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

I also heard before that once a player waives his NMC once it's voided for good, but don't remember if that was confirmed as true or false -- wouldn't he have had to waive to go to Minnesota from SJ?

It seems to be false. Regehr waived his no-trade clause to come to Buffalo and to go to LA.

@BuffaloSabres

Looks like it'll be Ryan Miller between the pipes tonight. #sabres -CR

So we traded him to the Penguins?

Michael Straw Jr. ‏@TheMikeStraw 37m

If/When Miller gets dealt. I see Enroth being in a Biron-like position. Man the net as the starter until the next "franchise" goalie

Man, someone is using *my* posts in the Enroth thread for Twitter-fodder now.

I see it as: Philly_average_GT < Enroth < Miller. I think Enroth tops out around where Miller is most years, but if I were fantasty betting I'd Enroth being Marty Biron 1.9 (not 2.0 because Enroth is too short, hey-oooh). He'll be good enough as a backup that people will think he's a starter, but when given the job he'll just barely not be good enough.

Edited by MattPie

@TSNBobMcKenzie

But my best information is MIN isn't close on anything and BUF is working to move Miller but nothing imminent. As of this moment anyway.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

I don't doubt BUF intends to trade Ryan Miller but I don't sense anything is necessarily imminent, even tho rumors seem to be rampant.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

So nothing is imminent until it is.

What?

Exactly.

I think.

CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Love me some Charlie Coyle. Plays big, protects the puck, keeps his head up, good compete and eyes.

Tiffoli and Ratie both have excellent hands.

Exactly.

I think.

Love me some Charlie Coyle. Plays big, protects the puck, keeps his head up, good compete and eyes.

Tiffoli and Ratie both have excellent hands.

Yeah Coyle is what I envision as my top line center. Love him. Should be the Captain of the US team by the time the next Olympics rolls around.

Yeah Coyle is what I envision as my top line center. Love him. Should be the Captain of the US team by the time the next Olympics rolls around.

I think I'd put Coyle on the RW. With that size and ability I think he would be great at digging pucks out of corners and making plays along the wall. Of course he isn't a sabre so this is all just speculation.

...we do have a whole lot of players not named Ott, Miller, or Moulson who could be traded, ya know...

Theoretically, yes. In reality, I'm not so sure. Maybe Stafford or Ennis but after that its really two categories. 1) players I wouldn't trade (Myers, Gus, Hodgson, Pysyk, Risto, Z)

2) players no one would trade for (Ellis, Flynn, Scott, McCormick, Konopka)

CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE CHARLIE COYLE

I don't see how a rental gets him but what do I know

Theoretically, yes. In reality, I'm not so sure. Maybe Stafford or Ennis but after that its really two categories. 1) players I wouldn't trade (Myers, Gus, Hodgson, Pysyk, Risto, Z)

2) players no one would trade for (Ellis, Flynn, Scott, McCormick, Konopka)

I don't see how a rental gets him but what do I know

That is what the reports say. Heatley a first and coyle or granlund.

So the guy who started this all, Straw, has said that what he reported was the trade offer that Minn. offered to Buffalo but that the trade has not been accepted. So basically he is saying the deal on the table is Heatley, 1st round pick, Granlund or Coyle but the Sabres have not agreed to it. Again who knows.

So the guy who started this all, Straw, has said that what he reported was the trade offer that Minn. offered to Buffalo but that the trade has not been accepted. So basically he is saying the deal on the table is Heatley, 1st round pick, Granlund or Coyle but the Sabres have not agreed to it. Again who knows.

He's no straw that stirs the drink or even one who broke the impending trade of Miller. :rolleyes:

No, let me see if I've followed this correctly, and there are those here that can jump in and fill in any holes that I may have in the time line of events.......

1. A poster known to have a couple of pieces of information about the Sabres over the years posted in a thread on another forum (not to be named) the following:

"Trade not announced during Stadium Series game, so not to distract from the event...

Done by tomorrow"

2. From there it hit tweeter, I have no idia how but a twitt by the tweeter name of SabresFrontOffice sounded the horn about a deal, said it was Miller for Rattie, Halak and a 1st.

3. Tweeter verse Miller edition explodes, going into over drive.

4. I brought it to this boards attention because of the past calls this particular individual had made.

5. We got to watch as Bob McKenzie chimed in, people waiting for morning skate report, fans eyes peeled to tweeter and message boards.

6. In short, there may still be a trade, the original posting by rabi never gave a name, team or a time frame for announcement. He merely said what is quoted above.

Does this about sum it up everyone?

No, let me see if I've followed this correctly, and there are those here that can jump in and fill in any holes that I may have in the time line of events.......

1. A poster known to have a couple of pieces of information about the Sabres over the years posted in a thread on another forum (not to be named) the following:

"Trade not announced during Stadium Series game, so not to distract from the event...

Done by tomorrow"

2. From there it hit tweeter, I have no idia how but a twitt by the tweeter name of SabresFrontOffice sounded the horn about a deal, said it was Miller for Rattie, Halak and a 1st.

3. Tweeter verse Miller edition explodes, going into over drive.

4. I brought it to this boards attention because of the past calls this particular individual had made.

5. We got to watch as Bob McKenzie chimed in, people waiting for morning skate report, fans eyes peeled to tweeter and message boards.

6. In short, there may still be a trade, the original posting by rabi never gave a name, team or a time frame for announcement. He merely said what is quoted above.

Does this about sum it up everyone?

Minus the stuff you left out about the Minnesota trade, yea just about.