• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

This guy Mike Straw has stated he's learned the Wild made an offer, Murray is going to the Blues to see what they pony up. Here is that dudes write up on it, don't know this guy from adam though.......anyways........

http://fansided.com/2014/01/27/buffalo-sabres-close-trading-ryan-miller/#!twKXK

Still don't believe Straw, but Coyle or Granlund would be outstanding. Don't see them moving their second line center who has built a lot of chemistry there.

This thread is a good intermediary between the board and the vast emptiness that is random twitter.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the Sabres have a deal they like but it only goes down if Miller agrees to a contract extension with his new team. Obviously he'd want to think that over.

If he plays tonight, I guess the deal is off.

Interesting. I'd be excited about the return in that case.

Coyle and a first-round pick for a rental goalie seems like a very steep price. It also leaves the Wild without a pick in the first two rounds.

EDIT: As I was typing this, someone above noted that there may be a contract extension requirement, in which case I don't think Coyle and a first-round pick is sufficient for Miller.

Edited by Eleven

http://fansided.com/2014/01/27/buffalo-sabres-close-trading-ryan-miller/#!tw3OB

“I told them not to believe everything they read or everything they’ve heard on the sports channels. But certainly their names are in play and we’ll see what happens, but it doesn’t guarantee they’ll be moved at all. For me, it’s all about return. These are good players. So if the return was up to a certain point and not great and we then decide we want to talk to them about staying, then that’s an option too.”

That makes me think Murray is looking to move all three of them. Maybe I am reading between the lines but thats what it looks like.

As for the twitter frenzy... a lot of people are taking up the St Louis trade but NONE of them are credible, NONE. The Minn. trade involves taking Heatley so that seems weird as well. :yawn: Until someone with some cred says something just more smoke. Remember anyone can be on twitter.

As for the "SabresFrontOffice" guy... his tweets include these as well:

Sabres Front Office@SabresFront

#Sabres #Oilers having trade talks. Main players being talked about: grigorenko and yakupov swap plus more

#LAKings are still team most interested in Matt moulson #Sabres toffoili is in the mix for buffalo

So I will go out on a limb and guess they are just a rumor monger, until proven otherwise.

FWIW, there are nonstop flights between STL and LAX, as there are between Minneapolis and LAX. In both cases it's about 4 hours westbound and 3.5 hours eastbound. There are no nonstop flights between Buffalo and LAX.

So, if Millsie wants to win a Cup, and STL wants to trade for him but only if he's willing to sign an extension, it's not impossible that he would sign with them.

Now, he might want to wait until UFA and see what other options there are, especially Anaheim as some have suggested, but STL would be a pretty good option if they are willing to give him a deal in Lundqvist's neighborhood (which is a big if).

http://fansided.com/...-miller/#!tw3OB

That makes me think Murray is looking to move all three of them. Maybe I am reading between the lines but thats what it looks like.

As for the twitter frenzy... a lot of people are taking up the St Louis trade but NONE of them are credible, NONE. The Minn. trade involves taking Heatley so that seems weird as well. :yawn: Until someone with some cred says something just more smoke. Remember anyone can be on twitter.

As for the "SabresFrontOffice" guy... his tweets include these as well:

#Sabres #Oilers having trade talks. Main players being talked about: grigorenko and yakupov swap plus more

#LAKings are still team most interested in Matt moulson #Sabres toffoili is in the mix for buffalo

So I will go out on a limb and guess they are just a rumor monger, until proven otherwise.

It's not a Sabres Account. It's just some random guy or girl tweeting stuff away.

Straw looks like an aspiring journalist.

Certainly putting all his eggs into this basket.

If he's right, huge scoop, if he's wrong, he's just another basement-dwelling twitter-monger.

His trade is probably a better haul than I expected for Miller.

Thought so, but checking twitter... many don't know that :D

Yea, I don't even follow him/her. I just looked up their account. I pretty much only follow actual guys. A couple of beat writers, the main TSN guys, some random others that do have some insider knowledge, the buffalo beat guys (they arent great but do occasionally know things), and I follow all the NHL teams.

Like all the guys are saying, we need to see what the morning skate looks like before we will know anything. If someone isn't on the ice than we should perk up but if everyone is out and playing, more smoke than fire.

Edited by LGR4GM

http://fansided.com/...-miller/#!tw3OB

As for the twitter frenzy... a lot of people are taking up the St Louis trade but NONE of them are credible, NONE.

I think the Murray quote is carefully worded and smart. He basically is saying "anyone is available, make me your best offer," which is exactly what a good GM should do. If someone blows him away he can trade one, two, or all three. He still has time before the deadline to re-sign them after hearing what other teams are offering.

Personally I think Miller wants to leave. If so, he will obviously be moved. I think Moulson is a goner. I think Ott is the only one who will resign. He is the heart and soul of the team right now and he seems to want to stay.

As for twitter, yeah it is a big pile of crap. 99 false rumors for every true one.

Edited by Potato

Yea, I don't even follow him/her. I just looked up their account. I pretty much only follow actual guys. A couple of beat writers, the main TSN guys, some random others that do have some insider knowledge, the buffalo beat guys (they arent great but do occasionally know things), and I follow all the NHL teams.

Like all the guys are saying, we need to see what the morning skate looks like before we will know anything. If someone isn't on the ice than we should perk up but if everyone is out and playing, more smoke than fire.

I'm surprised there has been no morning skate report yet.