Are there any Leafs fans here?

millbank

No doubt often enough read much the dislike for Leafs on this forum by many, have wondered though are there any similar to myself perhaps in reverse, where I do root for Leafs, do root for Sabres as close second and at times even am conflicted when the two teams play. Is there anyone willing to admit and suffer the scorn perhaps that you do root for Leafs as second team perhaps, or is this a nasty thought a blasphemy perhaps. :o :)

I hate the Leafs as much as any full-blooded Sabres fan should, but I've always liked their jerseys. I do look forward to Sabres/Leafs games more than others but never root for the Leafs.

Whatever happened to our blind Leaf-hating friend? Cheryl I think. She would lose her mind spewing her Leaf hatred each time they played.

I don't hate the Leaves nearly as much as I do the Sens and Bruins. Maybe that's from all those years when the Leaves were in the other conference, or maybe it's because they haven't been relevant most of the time.

Same here. Boston tops my hate list in every sport with Ottawa taking #2 in hockey. I hate Toronto and Montreal about the same and then there's teams like Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Carolina, and Dallas although my hate for the Stars has subsided somewhat after they made Lindy Ruff their coach.

I very strongly dislike the Leafs (the "hate" label is reserved for teams like Boston, Ottawa, Philly, Carolina, et al) and I hate Phil Kessel. I snicker knowing that the team has the most operating income in the league by about a factor of two and its front office can't un-###### itself enough to win anything. Additional joy is derived from the Leafs awful record at the FNC lately.

I respect that the all-in hockey culture that Toronto has (Buffalo, Detroit, Canadian teams, several others have this). It's a big city, but one that identifies strongly with its team because it's a traditional hockey market. I give that a ton of respect over most of the non-traditional markets in which I've lived or visited. As a by-product of that culture, there's a high level of knowledge and understanding that the Leafs fans have of the game that I very much respect; they have greater hockey smarts than many other hockey markets, even including other traditional markets like Boston and New York. I also enjoy the boisterous, drunken, good-natured ribbery that's present when our teams play each other; in general everyone spouts a bunch of hate at each other and then when the game's done, we all hug and get shitfaced together- there's some brotherhood there. Much, much, much less scumbaggy than Flyers and Devils fans, with much, much, much more devotion and intelligence than Canes fans.

Nazem Kadri was looking like an interesting up-and-coming story in Toronto, but then he made scumbag moves on Backstrom, Granlund.

When Toronto was in the old NORRIS DIVISION with the Red Wings, I didn't mind the Leafs.

Players I liked were: Wendel Clark, Daniel Marois, Nikolai Borschevsky, Rick Vaive, Borje Salming, Ken Wregget, Russ Courtnall.

But now since they are Buffalo's division rival, nope, not a fan at all. Blow, Leafs, Blow!

Toronto stole my girlfriend and my football team this week :cry:

There are 2.8 Billion females......there is only 1 football team....

In all due respect to the 4 female posters here....all broads are nuts. The older you get, the more you understand. Doesn't stop the hurt, and the one you end up with will be a basket case in some sense, but never take it personal.

There are 2.8 Billion females......there is only 1 football team....

In all due respect to the 4 female posters here....all broads are nuts. The older you get, the more you understand. Doesn't stop the hurt, and the one you end up with will be a basket case in some sense, but never take it personal.

Wanna talk about it? :blush:

Think we have a consensus... there are few to none Leaf fans here, which differs from Ontario and Toronto area where there are many Leaf fans who also have rooting interest in Sabres. The angst very much one sided.

As Sabres fans, we often have to answer the hypothetical question of who we would root for if our team left Buffalo. I would probably choose the Leafs just because of proximity, with Montreal and Winnipeg a close second.

Luckily, it looks like I won't have to answer that question for reals for some time, so,… F### the Leafs!

I do think, though, that it is better when both franchises are good. It just makes for better hockey.

Archived