Are there any Leafs fans here?

millbank

I was never making any contradictory points bro. Aud smell. Let's duel. You obviously don't want me on this forum. Let's do it bro. Come at me bro . I'm probably younger than you lets do this already.

Please please please, find something with to disagree with DStebb on! :)

No, that was never the "indication". I just stated that the "Buffalo designed their jerseys solely based on the Toronto Maple-Leafs jersey" theory is Hogwash. Asinine, Charles Manson, Poppy-######, Luny-Tunes.

I'm not sure anyone actually said they were. But if they didn't, someone was surely subconsciously channelling the TO jerseys.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/MapleLeafs/MapleLeafs18.html

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Sabres/Sabres01.html

Open those links in a set of tabs and flip between. I'd never really looked before, but there's a pretty striking similarity there, no? That being said, not that far from Moh-ray-all, or Boston, or NYR either.

My source is a well-known local historian, actually two.. but let me correct you .

1) My implication was that the theory that the Buffalo Sabres jerseys were exclusively designed by the Toronto maple-leafs jerseys 100% is hogwash which is why I likened that theory to balogna.

2) Don't question my spelling of balogna

3) I was simply acknowledging that there are fragments of the old Toronto jerseys that mirror the old Sabres jerseys, but the color scheme has nothing to do with Toronto

4) I wasn't arguing with anyone, adjunctly I was dismissing the theory that the Sabres jerseys are completely based on Leafs jerseys

I was never making any contradictory points bro. Aud smell. Let's duel. You obviously don't want me on this forum. Let's do it bro. Come at me bro . I'm probably younger than you lets do this already.

No, that was never the "indication". I just stated that the "Buffalo designed their jerseys solely based on the Toronto Maple-Leafs jersey" theory is Hogwash. Asinine, Charles Manson, Poppy-######, Luny-Tunes.

You get it

such a great post.

i take your meaning now. i didn't (and don't) read your first post on the subject as trying to debunk that the sabres sweaters were based exclusively or completely on those of the leafs. rather, i read it as saying the sabres sweaters were based on the knox family polo team's jerseys and the talk of them being based on the leafs sweaters was baloney/balogna/bologna.

i like to dissect and break ###### down on this board, but IRL i'm just a middle-aged dad carrying around a few extra beers -- and otherwise too effete to provide a match for the likes of you, i suspect.

such a great post.

i take your meaning now. i didn't (and don't) read your first post on the subject as trying to debunk that the sabres sweaters were based exclusively or completely on those of the leafs. rather, i read it as saying the sabres sweaters were based on the knox family polo team's jerseys and the talk of them being based on the leafs sweaters was baloney/balogna/bologna.

i like to dissect and break ###### down on this board, but IRL i'm just a middle-aged dad carrying around a few extra beers -- and otherwise too effete to provide a match for the likes of you, i suspect.

Good ratort

Let us ALL make peace and sing kumbaiya

I gotchu Aud smell.You know what I mean now. Clearly, there are undeniable similarities with the two sweaters of early Toronto and Buffalo.However the Buf jerseys are not COMPLETELY based on the Leafs.

Come at me brauh!

Socks were based off TO's too. ;)

Archived