New President of Hockey Operations, Presser @10:30 a.m.

spndnchz

I can't find the post or thread, but not too long ago we were talking about Pegula and his seeming avoidance of the public lately. My recommendation was to drag him out and just talk to the fans.

Well, today, we're getting A LOT of communication from Pegula: the moves themselves, the presser, and now on HH with Sylvester. This is exactly what they needed to do and all of it sounds positive to me. We are being reminded by Pegula that he DOES want a Stanley Cup in Buffalo and he is, ultimately, willing to do what it takes to get there. The fans can not ask more than that.

And Pegula is implying right now that the plan probably is to target McDavid. "You want to see Crosby, you have to get him through the draft...".

Edited by sizzlemeister

Terry didn't sound too happy talking about firing Regier, almost like he feels cheated. Weird, weird tone in his voice.

I almost agree, but I think it was more of a "I did this to myself" tone. He knows that he messed up saying the things he did this offseason.

And Pegula is implying right now that the plan probably is to target McDavid. "You want to see Crosby, you have to get him through the draft...".

I swear I'm not Terry Pegula.

Vogl is the best of the TBN guys.

No doubt.

For everyone who thinks the FNC is going to be a party for the rest of the season, remember: This roster still sucks. It's going to take a while. But maybe--just maybe--we can get a Canadiens-style rebuild now.

Definitely. I see people saying they're excited to watch games, but this has almost nothing to do with what's on the ice. The team HAS been showing some effort the last week or so, so they aren't going to get THAT much better even if Nolan gets them trying. The best plan is still to be patient and wait out this losing.

Pegula probably doesn't enjoy firing Regier. He's known as a guy who is loyal to his employees. At the same time, change was needed.

I think the hiring of LaFontaine lends itself to two things. First, the Sabres hire a respected person to lead their hockey operations. Second, LaFontaine returning to Buffalo shows other players that he likes Buffalo and that he is comfortable being here. Perhaps that sways a few opinions.

Hiring Nolan is interesting. I think his sample size as coach isn't large enough to really know what he'll be. He's dying for ANY shot to coach again in the NHL. If he shows well then it won't matter if the Sabres keep him, he'll get his shot. If he doesn't show well then he knows he's done. At the same time people will be pleased it's him and they know he's a straight shooter.

We'll now know what this organization is about. That's all I think we've wanted. it's a new day.. the path forward is unknown. Time to see what happens.

Players gave Ted Nolan "round of applause"...

I'm sure they are thrilled at Ron Rolston being gone.

Oh, I'm not so sure about that.

They are about to find out what a real hockey coach is like. No slacking. They will work hard in practice and, especially, in games. No more free rides.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I think Ted will get the players to play hard more than Rolston did. You don't bench your only scorers and expect to win games.

I would do the opposite. I would start triple shifting them and then when they puked I'd tell them if it takes 3 shifts for you to do 1 shift of work... so be it. #barfprint

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.