New President of Hockey Operations, Presser @10:30 a.m.

spndnchz

Paraphrasing here but: "Did the players know this was going to happen prior to today?"

What the hell kind of question is that? Do you seriously think they're going to tell the players they're firing the coach and then have them play a few more games under that coach? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Paraphrasing here but: "Did the players know this was going to happen prior to today?"

What the hell kind of question is that? Do you seriously think they're going to tell the players they're firing the coach and then have them play a few more games under that coach? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

That's the kind of hard hitting stuff we expect from the Buffalo media.

Man, I think it's going to be very tough to give this town Nolan and then take him away — again.

Unless he sucks. Seriously, I think the past is so far removed from the present that if Nolan can't steer this team in the right direction, the fanbase won't care if he is truly only an interim coach. I think everyone wants a Cup.

What's @fakedarcy going to do now?

"Cross-pollination" of responsibilities said Terry. Pat will be part-GM.

Pat had the nads to correct Pegula though....."For Now".

Lafontaine is willing to talk over him, and sure as hell doesn't want to scare off guys who have an Alpha tendency. I think Patty knows his boss, but has enough couth to "guide" him.

#16 is in the HOF.

Do NHL players go in as a player for team (fill in the blank), like in the NFL (IIRC), or are they just inducted as a player with no team ties?

If the former, as a player of which team did Patty enter the hall?

Baseball is the only sport where they go in with a specific team.

Lafontaine is willing to talk over him, and sure as hell doesn't want to scare off guys who have an Alpha tendency. I think Patty knows his boss, but has enough couth to "guide" him.

Interesting moment for sure.

Pat has the gravitas to correct Pegula, and Pegula will listen. Remember, this is the owner who cried in the presence of his heroes.

This is a huge step for Pegula; he hired someone who WILL correct him and WILL guide him towards a winner, rather than keeping a wishy-washy yes-man around. Just look at Pat's first move: he brought in Ted Nolan - talk about a ballsy, left-field move. Very, very exciting and this speaks volumes about Pegula, IMHO.

We're going to get one thing from this new front office: honesty.

Amen.

We had this discussion in the "will there be trades" thread. I figured Patty would be the perfect guy to take this role at this point, and was talented and realistic enough for Pegula to bring in.

I seriously have nothing to complain about.

I trust Lafontaine. He may be skilled and a pretty face, but he will chop your ankles, spear your groin, and blow kisses to your girlfriend when on the ice. He is all class and a smart man off the ice. Perfect.

Ted Nolan got a raw deal. I am so happy for him. The first thing he said is he's going to look into these players eyes and see who has "it". I trust him to weed out the slackers quickly.

I'm ok with Devine staying. He is a passionate scout.

This team has a FREE PASS from me now. I couldn't have asked for a better scenario.......as I have said before....the TRUTH always prevails!

Pat has the gravitas to correct Pegula, and Pegula will listen. Remember, this is the owner who cried in the presence of his heroes.

This is a huge step for Pegula; he hired someone who WILL correct him and WILL guide him towards a winner, rather than keeping a wishy-washy yes-man around. Just look at Pat's first move: he brought in Ted Nolan - talk about a ballsy, left-field move. Very, very exciting and this speaks volumes about Pegula, IMHO.

It's clear Pegula listened to one fan and one fan only - #16 for the reason you just mentioned. He spoke and Pegula listened.

I agree, LalalalaLafontaine by what we know may be perfect to help guide Pegula. Pegula is a fan and billionaire, not a hockey guy. But now rather than hiding behind Regier's experience he's putting his money into a proven competitor with great leadership skills. Unlike Sakic, Lafontaine has a good deal of management experience already thus hopefully aiding in the rebuild's potency.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.