New President of Hockey Operations, Presser @10:30 a.m.

spndnchz

Let me just say this: I AM IN TOTAL SHOCK!!! What is Pegula doing? In the midst of a rebuild he bails? I'm stymied as to what even to say.

Of course I'm sorry to see Darcy go. But add to that, the timing. NOW??? After a win?

Add to THAT - he brings in Lafontaine, who admits he's not qualified for the job?????

Add to THAT - he brings in one of the worst coaches we've ever had. I am no fan of Nolan's. His extramarital affairs with a certain player's wife has gotten him blackballed in the league and rightfully so. I was hoping we'd never see him again.

Perhaps Pegula really doesn't know what he's doing.

Let me just say this: I AM IN TOTAL SHOCK!!! What is Pegula doing? In the midst of a rebuild he bails? I'm stymied as to what even to say.

Of course I'm sorry to see Darcy go. But add to that, the timing. NOW??? After a win?

Add to THAT - he brings in Lafontaine, who admits he's not qualified for the job?????

Add to THAT - he brings in one of the worst coaches we've ever had. I am no fan of Nolan's. His extramarital affairs with a certain player's wife has gotten him blackballed in the league and rightfully so. I was hoping we'd never see him again.

:blink:

Team had no direction

After a win? 4th win of the year where they still played like crap?

LaFontaine will hire the GM. Should be ok to do that.

Not a big fan of Nolan but guessing he's temporary. Rolston had to go.

I liked the tank and thought that having incompetent men like Rolston and Regier was the best way to do it, but I'm not THIS mad.

After a win? 4th win of the year where they still played like crap?

A win that just happened to be the first game back after a west coast road trip. This decision was not made last night. It was made while they were out west, but they were not going to fire these guys while they were on the road.

Do you even know how to read?

I love the change in direction, but this is still a team with one legit NHL top 6 forward and zero top pair d-men. Hopeful suffering should be the new mantra.

Ehrhoff is definitely a top pair d-man. You'd have to be saying that he's not in the top 60 dmen in the game to say he's not a top pair dman. And Moulson is a top six forward.

I'm not ignoring your point. You're correct, but there is a little more here than one top six forward and zero top dmen.

not sure where to post it, but having #16 back in the organization makes me think back to what was my favorite regular season lafontaine-era game: january 6, 1996 - the sabres last visit to the forum. i specifically recall lafontaine giddily dousing lorentz in the post-game interview because he was so geeked to have scored the winner in his last game in that hallowed arena.

check the link!

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/833-this-day-in-sabres-history/?do=findComment&comment=9065

i see from a googling that MSG re-aired the game this time last year. maybe they will again.

Darcy? Is that you? :unsure:

Is it too late to join the party ,,, Yeahah!

I can't believe it's been 16 years of DR. Wow nobody works for one employer that long anymore unless they own their own business.

I will admit to being a bit surprised by the timing. i thought they might let DR suck a bit longer to do a better job of nailing that first pick in the draft.

Eleven, you nailed it on hoping for a Canadians style rebuild. It can be done when you have the right people involved making the decisions. This really does build some hope based on Patty Lafontaine being in charge. Wow just wow, didn't see it coming.

Did I mention my namesake is available as GM ?

Not sure about the stroll down memory lane with Nolan as HC however as an interim coach and influence on a young team that needs to learn what it takes to make it in the NHL they could've done a lot worse.

Welcome back Teddy you were really given a raw deal here once so maybe this reverses the some of the bad karma that this organization has appeared to suffer through for the last 16 years. Oh that and you can remove the Obijiwa curse you put on them when you left.

Is it me or does that sun outside appear to be shining a bit brighter, my steps a little lighter, my smile a bit tighter... Now just give me back my hockey team I can cheer for.

It's good to be sabre's fan again today.

Thank you uncle Terry.

I heard there was a Korab sighting -- it is indeed a great day!

Don't be a stranger.

We'll see. I give it 72 hours before we find something new to hate on. Love the hockey discussion, but contrived arguments for sake of having something to argue about all day don't do it for me. It became too much work to weed through the bull to get to the good stuff.

I can't believe it's been 16 years of DR. Wow nobody works for one employer that long anymore unless they own their own business.

It's been half my life. I didn't realize it until just now. That's crazy. Give it a few more years and then the Bills will have missed the playoffs for half my life.

Did I mention my namesake is available as GM ?

Is he really your namesake with that spelling though? ;)

We'll see. I give it 72 hours before we find something new to hate on. Love the hockey discussion, but contrived arguments for sake of having something to argue about all day don't do it for me. It became too much work to weed through the bull to get to the good stuff.

Well, the last couple of seasons haven't really brought out the best in us. But better days are coming.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.