GDT: Buffalo at New York Islanders 10-15-13 at 7:00 PM

26CornerBlitz

I have to say, and I'm sorry to say, last night was the first time EVER that I've left a game early. I left after the Pominville goal.

Sorry Sabres. You don't even entertain me anymore.

Felt this way for years it seems.

I can't say exactly when it kicked in, but at this point the only thing about the Sabres that gets an emotional response out of me, is Darcy Regier.

I'm going to dig out my finest bottle the day that man gets fired, I guarantee you that much.

The thing is, dangling that carrot of a better team in years to come is no longer enough. I'd like to see at least SOME signs of life. Maybe the team should adopt the 23rd Psalm as their new motto.... :rolleyes:

This is where I'm at. Show me something... heck, show me anything. That game last night was a regression. Thing is, I didn't think there was room for regression, save goal tending...

God forbid when the GT leaves us. That will be a whole new level of horrid.

I'm starting to think Ott is either injured, or wants off this carnival ride as well. He has just blended in for the most part, other than a few nice instinctive passes every now and then. Girgensons is playing angry out there....at least McCormick tried to get something going. It just feels like the players know the season is already dead. The usual guys like Flynn, Weber, and such show spurts of energy....but I really expected more out of Ott.

The only positives this year from my arm chair vantage point is the play of our goaltending, Girgensons who looks like he is for real and Pysk. We are just so miserable in so many areas. I'm already at the point where I don't know if I even want the team to win in fear of messing up a top 3 pick in the draft. Pretty sad when it's only a couple of weeks into the season. Here's to hoping we see signs of improvement, especially from our young guys.

Oh, has anyone else also been impressed by Flynn? It's hard judging too closely from watching games on TV but he's been one of our better players. Plus I believe he's a rookie? Kid might have a future as a decent 3rd line winger.

has anyone else also been impressed by Flynn? It's hard judging too closely from watching games on TV but he's been one of our better players. Plus I believe he's a rookie? Kid might have a future as a decent 3rd line winger.

Last night was the first game where I thought Porter and Flynn actually looked the part. I'll take them on the third and 4th line.

I am fully *meh* on Porter. He's a decent 4th liner, but not if you're a team in the top third of the league.

As for Flynn, I do think more and more that we've found our 3rd line RW of the future. So, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! for that. I guess.

Porter skates hard and hits. Given that we are terrible, I will take him on my roster every day.

Looks like Grigorenko will be a scratch tonight...

@BuffNewsVogl2m

Sabres' optional morning skate is only goalies Miller and Enroth, Mikhail Grigorenko and Jamie McBain. The skaters expected to be scratched.

OMG SERIOUSLY!!! Grigs was actually pretty good last night. This franchise is stupid. No one ###### brain amongst them.

Looks like Grigorenko will be a scratch tonight...

@BuffNewsVogl2m

Sabres' optional morning skate is only goalies Miller and Enroth, Mikhail Grigorenko and Jamie McBain. The skaters expected to be scratched.

Ok I am really starting to think this guy is a flaming ahole. Grigs did nothing last night to warrant being scratched again. Sit Ennis or Stafford for crying out loud.

And he has also done nothing to warrant keeping him in the lineup except being a high draft pick last year for them.

When your team is terrible and this is supposed to be a year to develop young talent, I think "not deserving to be benched" is a perfectly valid reason to keep somebody in the lineup.

Archived