Hodgson signs a six-year deal

spndnchz

Tell him if he works hard and improves you will give him a long term deal and the end of year 2 for good money.

That + 8 bucks gets you a beer at a Sabres game. What player or agent wouldn't get up and walk out after the word "promise"? It sounds like you are negotiating with a child. Grown ass men aren't doing anything for a promise.

That + 8 bucks gets you a beer at a Sabres game. What player or agent wouldn't get up and walk out after the word "promise"? It sounds like you are negotiating with a child. Grown ass men aren't doing anything for a promise.

Exactly. Or, knowing where his bread is buttered. Accept, play his ass off, and go to the highest bidder at the end.

Depends on the guy, really. Some people are OK with, "you have to prove yourself", some will get angry about someone questioning them, some will hold out, and some are OK with a promise.

Sorry Cody Hodgson hasn't earned a long term deal. Also he has the negotiating power of a pile of crap because he is an RFA.

###### IT LETS ###### OVERPAY HIM YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JULY 2007 COMING BACK TO F#*($*^$ HUNT US AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO LETS GIVE EVERYONE MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!! GRIGORENKO SHOULD GET A 20year deal worth 1billion DOLLARS!!!

I am going to go drink my 3$ dollar beer because sometimes the "Buffalo Loser Syndrome" or BLS is just to much for me to handle.

Sorry Cody Hodgson hasn't earned a long term deal. Also he has the negotiating power of a pile of crap because he is an RFA.

###### IT LETS ###### OVERPAY HIM YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JULY 2007 COMING BACK TO F#*($*^$ HUNT US AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO LETS GIVE EVERYONE MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!! GRIGORENKO SHOULD GET A 20year deal worth 1billion DOLLARS!!!

I am going to go drink my 3$ dollar beer because sometimes the "Buffalo Loser Syndrome" or BLS is just to much for me to handle.

And these are the moments where you need to back away from the keyboard because you get way too emotional.

Tom Webster already explained the reasoning. You pay for potential because if it hits, you get a great value. It's no different than investing--you don't only invest in proven companies. In a cap world you simply cannot only pay once players have proven they earned a certain amount, because you'll run out of money quite quickly.

WTF is this?

LOL hey buddy. I happen to like the ol Hodger. Could you imagine him and Vanek with a viable center? Whats Joe Thorntons deal nowadays? He a lil old, but still great. If San Jose doesnt change it up, theyd be nutz. They keep fielding the same team with the same results. Heck, Id send Myers away in that deal.

Oops, Hodger a center. You wouldnt be able to tell though with how bad we are in the dot. Just move him to wing. Never understood why they moved Roy to center all them years back.

As mentioned in another thread, Henrique was signed to a long term deal, 6 years, 24m

I think this was a brilliant move by New Jersey. I think they increased the possibility of holdouts in Toronto, Rangers, and Buffalo, teams looking for the same playoff spot that New Jersey is hoping for.

Who was the other Sabre on that line who did the give and go with him. Couldn't tell.

USA team was playing in Arlington, VA at CAPs practice facility above the Parking Lot at the Ballston Mall. Didn't get to play there before I left DC, but watched the rink getting built. I have a friend that does and says it is a really nice rink, but expensive.

2013 USA Team Practice: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/23332622/usa-hockey-opens-olympic-camp-with-one-goal-in-mind-gold

Team Canada doesn't list Hodgson, so not sure what this camp is??

Who was the other Sabre on that line who did the give and go with him. Couldn't tell.

USA team was playing in Arlington, VA at CAPs practice facility above the Parking Lot at the Ballston Mall. Didn't get to play there before I left DC, but watched the rink getting built. I have a friend that does and says it is a really nice rink, but expensive.

2013 USA Team Practice: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/23332622/usa-hockey-opens-olympic-camp-with-one-goal-in-mind-gold

Team Canada doesn't list Hodgson, so not sure what this camp is??

Can't tell. This is the Gary Roberts camp.

I skated there once back in 2009. It was a really nice building. It might not have been the same rink though since there were two. If that's what Buffalo is going to wind up having downtown, things are going to be much more interesting in that area.

Sorry, wrong thread.

• 2 weeks later...

So we have what? 2 days before people have to report for training camp and hodgson's deal is still unsigned... maybe this was the suffering DR meant.

I think there are quite a few RFAs around the NHL that haven't signed yet. There's usually a domino effect.

Archived