Hodgson signs a six-year deal

spndnchz

The rumors say Darcy is offering a Bridge deal but outside of that, very quiet.

You mean ace reporter Harrington isn't all over this with inside knowledge of the deets? Shocker! He must be too busy tweeting thin-skinned and weakly reasoned responses to criticism.

I expect that, as always, it will be quiet until the Sabres announce that a contract has been signed.

Just to play devil's advocate: wasn't this kind of behind-the-scenes stuff one of the reasons Vancouver wanted to be rid of Hodgson? I think there's a chance he will hold out, since he sort of has the Sabres caught with their pants down.

Just to play devil's advocate: wasn't this kind of behind-the-scenes stuff one of the reasons Vancouver wanted to be rid of Hodgson? I think there's a chance he will hold out, since he sort of has the Sabres caught with their pants down.

How? He is an RFA that can't sign anywhere else. If he holds out he doesn't get anything.

I think there is a chance he will hold out, but it's more ego than greed.

Cody's problem with the Canucks was never money, it was ice time and opportunity - a chance to be a number one centre.

His entourage (and it always seemed to be dad, or agent, not Cody himself) wanted him to be on the first line, on the top power play and a go-to guy in prime situations.

They wanted it before he earned it.

And there were lingering issues about how the Canucks handled his back issues.

On Buffalo he is the healthy first line centre.

The only question is how good of one?

And will he want the big contract before he's earned it?

I'm watching closely, but I will say the kid himself always says the right things.

How? He is an RFA that can't sign anywhere else. If he holds out he doesn't get anything.

He can still hold out. He's supposed to be the number 1 center, right? I think the Sabres want to go into the season with their number 1 center focused on the game, and having gone through a full camp.

Cody strikes me as the kind of guy that doesn't want to discuss contracts in the off-season. He wants to focus on preparing himself. It's the Gary Roberts way. As soon as training camp starts the deal will be done.

Nothing cracks me up more than when the Gary Roberts references are made. You would think Gary Roberts was his dad. It's like people have to attach Gary Roberts to Cody Hodgson so they can like him. It is really freaking hilarious. :lol:

Nothing cracks me up more than when the Gary Roberts references are made. You would think Gary Roberts was his dad. It's like people have to attach Gary Roberts to Cody Hodgson so they can like him. It is really freaking hilarious. :lol:

The guy isn't allowed to be a mentor?

Again....you or I can go up to Gary Robert's gym, plunk down a few grand, and work out with him personally over the summer. At this point it's almost like a commercial..."Hi, I'm Derek Roy, and I skate fast because I use Crapball Energy Drink!"

will you at least agree that it shows a dedication to improving his game that he is willing to go to respected fitness guy instead of showing off his off season party houses on NHL cribs?

You mean ace reporter Harrington isn't all over this with inside knowledge of the deets? Shocker! He must be too busy tweeting thin-skinned and weakly reasoned responses to criticism.

I expect that, as always, it will be quiet until the Sabres announce that a contract has been signed.

Harrington is busy eating ice cream and having creepy looking pictures taken of himself.

will you at least agree that it shows a dedication to improving his game that he is willing to go to respected fitness guy instead of showing off his off season party houses on NHL cribs?

Absolutely.....I would much rather see him doing this, and overall I think he is a nice player who trends towards positive qualities on and off the ice. I think if you are looking to rely on him longterm as a #1 center, or captain, or that he has intangibles that many don't....you will be disappointed. I think one of the reasons he lets his dad run his life is he is a bit quiet and needs to mature in the leadership aspect. He's still young so I can give him a pass, but Vancouver was not happy at all with him, and it's hard to get turned off so quick by a 21 year old with 30 goal potential. The Roberts thing has become so cliché though. Again....anyone here can go to his gym, talk to him personally, give him your money, and have a program tailored for you.

Absolutely.....I would much rather see him doing this, and overall I think he is a nice player who trends towards positive qualities on and off the ice. I think if you are looking to rely on him longterm as a #1 center, or captain, or that he has intangibles that many don't....you will be disappointed. I think one of the reasons he lets his dad run his life is he is a bit quiet and needs to mature in the leadership aspect. He's still young so I can give him a pass, but Vancouver was not happy at all with him, and it's hard to get turned off so quick by a 21 year old with 30 goal potential. The Roberts thing has become so cliché though. Again....anyone here can go to his gym, talk to him personally, give him your money, and have a program tailored for you.

I understand what your saying but to me it is nothing but a positive that he does this and it can be as cliched as you want but if it improves him and makes other players on the team take training nearly as serious as him and Zed do then I think we as sabres fan should embrace and celebrate the cliche...... maybe have a sabresspace gary roberts training day during camp?

Players hate training camp. Remember how every year Tim Horton would always have a reason for not attending camp and then suddenly he'd show up, ready for the first game?

I think that's what Hodgson is planning too. He will probably be there Oct. 2nd and not a day sooner.

Why?

Players hate training camp. Remember how every year Tim Horton would always have a reason for not attending camp and then suddenly he'd show up, ready for the first game?

I think that's what Hodgson is planning too. He will probably be there Oct. 2nd and not a day sooner.

hodgson doesnt strike me as a hate practise type guy.

I understand what your saying but to me it is nothing but a positive that he does this and it can be as cliched as you want but if it improves him and makes other players on the team take training nearly as serious as him and Zed do then I think we as sabres fan should embrace and celebrate the cliche...... maybe have a sabresspace gary roberts training day during camp?

to be honest, if Gary roberts is that good, pegula should have thrown a truck load of dollars at his head already, and told him to work exclusively for the sabres.

Archived