Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

So you guys would be willing to trade for Soupy with a contract that's almost twice the cap hit of Ehrhoff, but many have no problem letting Ehrhoff go. Interesting. Trust me, Soupy isn't what he once was, and he certainly isn't as good as Ehrhoff.

I think it's because Campbell only has 2 years left on his contract while Ehrhoff has 7. Personally I'd prefer to keep Ehrhoff unless we can get a top 10 pick or 1st line prospect in a deal for him. I'd be fine with bringing in Campbell to help reach the cap floor too until some of our younger players develop.

It is rather funny that most of the bottom tier teams are on that list, except Buffalo. You think TM's presence as GM here has something to do with that?

It's a distinct possibility. It actually surprises me that the Canadian teams are on there. There's no way we're a better option than Edmonton are we? Or Winnipeg?

It makes you wonder what possible clout GMTM holds across the league.

It's a distinct possibility. It actually surprises me that the Canadian teams are on there. There's no way we're a better option than Edmonton are we? Or Winnipeg?

Would you rather live in Buffalo or Winnipeg?

Plus, he's from Mississauga.

I think it's because Campbell only has 2 years left on his contract while Ehrhoff has 7. Personally I'd prefer to keep Ehrhoff unless we can get a top 10 pick or 1st line prospect in a deal for him. I'd be fine with bringing in Campbell to help reach the cap floor too until some of our younger players develop.

I would move Ehrhoff for Campbell in a larger swap for the 1st overall 2014. At least that cap hit would offset some of the cost, but not as much as I'd like as Florida has cap space. Would be an interesting discussion on such a deal though.

i concur.

And I agree with your statement on TM not going after Spezza. I think he does have a great deal of respect for him. I do wonder will Spezza will end up, another great twist to this off season.

Possible. Or maybe Spezza calls up TM and says "Hey Tim, I'm gonna ask the sens to trade me but I dont want to waste a spot on my no trade list with buffalo...."

Murray: "No problem, Jay. We don't want you anyway, you might help us win more than 6 games. Good luck bud"

Spezza: "thanks"

Just a thought.

So you guys would be willing to trade for Soupy with a contract that's almost twice the cap hit of Ehrhoff, but many have no problem letting Ehrhoff go. Interesting. Trust me, Soupy isn't what he once was, and he certainly isn't as good as Ehrhoff.

Twice the cap hit, but 5 years shorter. That's a big deal. If we can avoid getting saddled with any kind of cap recapture penalties in the future then we should do it. Plus you can move Soupy as a playoff rental at the end of his contract with minimal harm.

Perfect stop-gap contract.

You guys are both right.

I would trade Ehrhoff, but wouldn't trade him easily.

It is rather funny that most of the bottom tier teams are on that list, except Buffalo. You think TM's presence as GM here has something to do with that?

He probably likes GMTM, but also knows our cap situation and knows he will get paid here. Also doesnt hurt that he is from Mississauga (as Eleven pointed out)

There is nobody on the roster that should not be in trade conversations - even Zemgus.

Absolutely.

Personally I have no problem ridding this team of long-term contracts. Myers and Ehrhoff should be moved if GMTM wants to really rebuild the team his way.

Twice the cap hit, but 5 years shorter. That's a big deal. If we can avoid getting saddled with any kind of cap recapture penalties in the future then we should do it. Plus you can move Soupy as a playoff rental at the end of his contract with minimal harm.

Perfect stop-gap contract.

While I still don't think the length of Ehrhoff's contract will be an issue, that's a fair point. For some reason I thought Soupy had more than two years left.

Puck Daddy on Garth Snow:

There were two dangers signs on the road to Dan Boyle’s decision not to sign with the New York Islanders, which Pierre LeBrun reported on Wednesday.

The first sign was that GM Garth Snow apparentlydidn’t put out a feeler for Boyle’s interest in the Islanders before trading a fifth-round pick to the San Jose Sharks for his negotiating rights. Boyle’s agent, George Bazos, said he was unaware the Islanders were even interested.

The second sign was that Bazos made it clear that going to July 1 as an unrestricted free agent was still the most appealing option for Boyle, but that the Islanders were super sweet for trying to talk with him exclusively.

It would never happen but I'd love to have Soupy back for two years.

Quite honestly, I love the fit. Sabres need to pay someone to get to the floor. Soupy has two years at a cap hit that means the Sabres would have to make little to no moves in the offseason and he doesn't make the team anything but minusculely better. As long as its not more than a late round pick or a garbage prospect (Sundher & a 4th?) so the Florida GM can save a little face while unloading the contract. Even Better, give em stafford straight up.

Relations between Ryan O'Reilly, Avalanche become chilly again

Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic will hold a news conference Thursday at the Pepsi Center, ostensibly to catch up fans on what has been going on this offseason and plans for moving forward. A prime topic could be the seemingly frosty relationship, again, between the team and top left wing Ryan O'Reilly.

On Sunday, the Avalanche filed for salary arbitration against O'Reilly, 23, a forward who led the team in goals with 28 and the NHL in takeaways with 82 this past season. The Avs and O'Reilly's agency, Newport Sports, can keep negotiating toward a new contract, but if one isn't reached by July 15, they will have a hearing scheduled with one of eight NHL-NHL Players' Association designated arbitrators.

Tim Murray......Paging Tim Murray!

Relations between Ryan O'Reilly, Avalanche become chilly again

Tim Murray......Paging Tim Murray!

I just wonder what his value is. I would hate to give up this years 1st rounder. Do Myers, Ennis, Ehrhoff, and all the seconds form a combination (not suggesting all of them) that works? Gotta think colorado needs this years pick. I don't see anyway around it.

I just wonder what his value is. I would hate to give up this years 1st rounder. Do Myers, Ennis, Ehrhoff, and all the seconds form a combination (not suggesting all of them) that works? Gotta think colorado needs this years pick. I don't see anyway around it.

If I'm O'Reilly, I take the arbitration on a 1 year and become a UFA in 12 months.

A team can pry this year's (or next years, for that matter) 1st out of my cold dead hands, no way do I give it up. I think there's a deal to be made, but our 1sts should be untouchable outside of something no team would offer (in Colorado's case, MacKinnon/Duchene). I still say Ehrhoff and the Blues' 1st, and maybe something else small like a 2nd, makes a lot of sense for both teams. No, I don't expect it, but that's the type of offer I'd be making.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.