Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

have a feeling vancouver migth go in full on tankmode next season.

I think they'll start their tank next year at the deadline. If Kessler isn't moved in the offseason, then I can easily see them being the Sabres of last season. Bad, but not bad enough for a full tank.

have a feeling vancouver migth go in full on tankmode next season.

They'd have to sell of the Sedins, too, but I doubt they'll be able to get great value considering the money, the package deal and the fact that everybody will know that they're getting moved.

I think it's basically guaranteed that Kesler will go. If the Sedins are willing to be split up it will make everybody much easier.

Edited by Tankalicious

Gillis is out in Vancouver, about time. Now the next duck to fall would be Torts.

After the two HORRIBLE goalie trades, can't blame the ownership for firing him. My gosh, I have no idea what or if the man was thinking. I've wondered if drugs were involved.

After the two HORRIBLE goalie trades, can't blame the ownership for firing him. My gosh, I have no idea what or if the man was thinking. I've wondered if drugs were involved.

In answer to the drugs question have you seen his beard ? Whomever groomed that had to be on drugs.

8nWBBjS.png

there.

This is awesome. I'm going to get it printed as a poster, and hang it up in the cave!

This is not aimed at you really, but it does amuse me that so many of us (me included) have this image that TN can turn anybody around. Like his super power is to give aimless wanders purpose. Let's trade for OV, Kane and Semin and watch Nolan turn them into Gretzky, Lemieux and Hull :P

I don't think that he can necessarily "turn players around," I just think that he is able to get the most out of certain players.

Stafford and Kane? Yes. Ovechkin and Semin? Doubtful.

YES!!!!!!

By losing to Detroit, we eliminated the Loafs. (Sorry Grant.)

Well lets not take all the credit here, I think the Leafs themselves eliminated the Leafs..........

Well then how do you explain d4rk?

You don't know what outfits he has hanging up in his closet.............

Gillis is out in Vancouver, about time. Now the next duck to fall would be Torts.

Doubtful, Ownership was the one that wanted him, and they would have sent both packing yesterday if it was the plan. The radio station yesterday in Toronto was saying they may sign Feaster as the new GM because of his previous relationship with Torts. The fanbase in vancouver is going to riot (again) if Torts sticks around.

Doubtful, Ownership was the one that wanted him, and they would have sent both packing yesterday if it was the plan. The radio station yesterday in Toronto was saying they may sign Feaster as the new GM because of his previous relationship with Torts. The fanbase in vancouver is going to riot (again) if Torts sticks around.

Is it common to fire a coach with only 3 games remaining in the season? It seems kind of pointless at this stage of the season, might as well let him play out the season and not waste anymore money. I don't think keeping him around at this point has any impact on whether or not he will be back next year.

And speaking of Canadian teams, the trend among the bottom 4 teams in the western conference is pretty interesting. They must be going mad up north of the border. The east didn't really help all that much either.

Is it common to fire a coach with only 3 games remaining in the season? It seems kind of pointless at this stage of the season, might as well let him play out the season and not waste anymore money. I don't think keeping him around at this point has any impact on whether or not he will be back next year.

And speaking of Canadian teams, the trend among the bottom 4 teams in the western conference is pretty interesting. They must be going mad up north of the border. The east didn't really help all that much either.

Well then why fire the GM/President with only 3 games remaining? They could have just let him ride out the remaining couple of games too, he can't really impact anything once the trade deadline is over.

This is the first time since the 70's ('73 or '79 IIRC) that there has been only 1 Canadian team making the Playoffs

Let the new GM make the call.

Well then why fire the GM/President with only 3 games remaining? They could have just let him ride out the remaining couple of games too, he can't really impact anything once the trade deadline is over.

This is the first time since the 70's ('73 or '79 IIRC) that there has been only 1 Canadian team making the Playoffs

The coach actually has a role for that someone has to fill for those last three games. On the other hand, if a team goes without a GM over that same period, no one will notice.

If PA were a Canucks fan I'd be worried about his mental and emotional health with all this meddling.

I think if I were a Canucks fan I would be really worried about whichever GM comes in not having a good plan. I suspect they'll try to tread water which would be a huge mistake. The Canucks should be selling. The days of the Sedins are over.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.