Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

I also like PA's take on Manuel. There's something in the guy -- a goodness, almost -- that makes me want to believe that he can be our franchise QB. He just seems to "get it", as they say.

I think there's a leadership quality about him that Bills QBs have lacked for a long time. While still humble, he believes in himself.

That's a head scratcher. Let's draft him 3rd overall and then flip him for a 15-30 pick.

It's a whole new front office staff, ownership included. It's' possible they don't value a 1st round RB as much as the last group, or perhaps Trent's evaluation since the draft has changed due to injury. Edited by Lanny

I take the view that the Colts overpaid. Richardson's a pounder, but not a game-changer a la CJ. Richardson's also injury-prone (and yeah he plays through them, but he's not as effective when he does). I read one pundit remark that Saban grinds his RB's into dog meat before they get to the NFL -- I think there's something to that: Ingram, Richardson, Lacy.

As many others have noted, you win in the league with great QB play and a strong defense. RB's tend to be more interchangeable, and you can always roll with a RBBC.

Browns fans may be out of their minds this morning, but the move makes good sense as a new administration looks to build the team that they want.

It's a separate question as to whether the right people are in charge of that process, there in the Land of Cleves.

Reading some of the fan chatter from Cleveland, they aren't too upset to see "Mr. 3.5" as they call him, get traded. More interesting were the links to quotes from scouts saying the Colts panicked and overpaid and that they just should have signed McGahee instead. Personally, I agree here. Richardson is not that rare kind of RB that changes a game at any time. Just not a homerun hitter.

Bottom line: we won't know anything about who got the better end of it until the picks are in and we see how they perform.

GO BILLS!!!

I officially like Marrone. I was really nervous with all the graduate school management talk out of him in the offseason....but he is a good mix of objective/subjective. He is a focused bundle of cool anxiety on gamedays, if that makes sense. I can just see the wheels spinning in his head nonstop. I think we will be ok long term. On the Richardson trade....maybe something is up. Either he has an issue, or with giving up on Weeden, there are just going to tank it this year. Who knows.

I officially like Marrone. I was really nervous with all the graduate school management talk out of him in the offseason....but he is a good mix of objective/subjective. He is a focused bundle of cool anxiety on gamedays, if that makes sense. I can just see the wheels spinning in his head nonstop. I think we will be ok long term. On the Richardson trade....maybe something is up. Either he has an issue, or with giving up on Weeden, there are just going to tank it this year. Who knows.

They are definitely trying to position themselves for that top pick and a QB. They have 2 1sts, 2 3rds, and 2 4ths next year. They're positioning themselves to at least have some trade fodder for moving up if they need to.

Molly Qerim of the NFL network. I'm at a loss for words.

I hadn't heard of her until now.

1005509_10151655191837087_459140772_n.jpg

She fits your flavor profile, to be sure, Ink. IIRC, you've previously extolled the virtues of a gal who resembles Miss Qerim.

salma-hayek-632675l.jpg

(EDIT: Sorry the pix came out so ... large.)

Edited by That Aud Smell

Schopp & BD besides themselves again trying to figure out how Alden Smith was drunk at 7:00am. I can speak from personal experience, I was drunk for the better part of a decade from 10pm till noon the next day. If you live a certain life style, this is common. Trying to understand it from 40-50 year old family guy perspective isn't going to work. It's the young party lifestyle. Would I want my NFL players doing it? No, but it hasn't seem to hurt Alden's game.

Schopp & BD besides themselves again trying to figure out how Alden Smith was drunk at 7:00am. I can speak from personal experience, I was drunk for the better part of a decade from 10pm till noon the next day. If you live a certain life style, this is common. Trying to understand it from 40-50 year old family guy perspective isn't going to work. It's the young party lifestyle. Would I want my NFL players doing it? No, but it hasn't seem to hurt Alden's game.

I'm a 40-50 yr family guy who still has occasion to wake up at 7am and the hangover hasn't started yet.

Maybe I shouldn't admit that on a public forum. :ph34r:

I'm a 40-50 yr family guy who still has occasion to wake up at 7am and the hangover hasn't started yet.

Maybe I shouldn't admit that on a public forum. :ph34r:

I'm right there with you. In fact I just did it two weeks ago with a pub crawl on Saturday night, basically "slept" outside, and up at 7 am to get to the tailgate on opening day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.