Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

It's OK to make mom jokes, but quote sombody to point out hypocrisy and all of a sudden you're an ######.

There was no hypocrisy to point out. You took something blatantly out of context to say I said something I never said, and you got caught. Deal with it.

Edit: Oh, and I thought it was just a joke? Nice. Again, you got caught in the middle of major BS. Deal with it.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Watching that game was like living the 127 hours movie. I am so glad that I didn't kill a gorgeous fall day with the family by fighting traffic for hours just to get to NJ and sit through that monstrosity.

The Bills are still a BS, Mickey Mouse organization. They are one questionable penalty away from being 0-3. They have a zillion dollar D-line and can't stop the run or, in 2 out of 3 games this year, generate any pass rush. Every year we hear about the records CJ Spiller is going to set and every year he's ineffective more often than not. And, most importantly, every year they let one or more of the handful of legit good NFL players on their roster walk because they don't want to pay him.

I don't want to hear about how they've turned the page and have new management. This team was built by Buddy, who drafted one SEC washout after another, and the "new" management team, which has all been here for a number of years.

They're going to stink every year until they realize that when you have a $150MM business, you don't go cheap on the CEO, COO and President.

Well, that was an ugly game. Manuel ended up with a dismal 71.8 passer rating in a game that the Jets tried MIGHTILY to give to the Bills to win, via terrible game play. Geno Smith threw 2 picks, and the Jets amassed a whopping 20 penalties for 168 yards. And yet still the Bills managed to lose.

The same problems that have plagued the Buffalo Bills franchise for years now, were still evident in today's loss

-Red-zone futility - 0 for 3 in the Red Zone. Bills had to settle again and again for field goals instead of touchdowns. Gave me a feeling of Deja Vu watching - where have I seen this before? Hmm?

- Poor to non-existent run defense - the Bills gave up a huge 182 yds rushing to the Jets.

- Sieve-like offensive line and inability to protect the passer; Manuel was sacked EIGHT times today - amazing that he didn't end up injured, or fumbling. His ball security is commendatory. Even when not sacked, most of the time he was scrambling to avoid the sack. He's not going to remain uninjured for long if the line lets him get sacked this many times in a game.

- poor passing - as mentioned before, Manuel had a poor 71.8 passer rating today. While no quarterback is going to be at their best with such pressure from the Jets defense, when he did throw downfield, the throws just looked bad - they floated, and were usually uncatchable - a yard or two out of bounds. It's only his third game, I'm just not seeing the glimmers that he's going to be a true "franchise quarterback"

- time of possession disparity - the Jets had the ball almost 10 minutes longer than the Bills, even with all those penalties. All that rushing yardage, and the Bills not able to make stops when they needed to

- poor pass defense - Number 26 - nothing more really needs to be said

- lack of depth - some injuries and the offense gets even worse - despite all the gift-wrapped penalty yardage from the Jets.

- receivers that can't get open - The poor passing today was not all on Manuel's play or the offensive line's poor pass protection - a bunch of times on replay, there were no receivers open for Manuel to throw to.

Only 3 game into the season, and they're already 0-2 in the division, and at the bottom of the AL East. Is this team ever going anywhere with Ralph Wilson Jr as the owner, and a bean-counter/marketing guy like Russ Brandon calling the shots?

Edited by Jsixspd

There was no hypocrisy to point out. You took something blatantly out of context to say I said something I never said, and you got caught. Deal with it.

Edit: Oh, and I thought it was just a joke? Nice. Again, you got caught in the middle of major BS. Deal with it.

No, the mention of hypocrisy is the impression you got from my post. Hence the reason I used it as the basis of you looking at me as an ######. The fact that you didn't comment on my reasoning of it being a joke just proves.............

Nevermind, I'm wasting my time. This place has changed a lot lately; from the unprovoked snide comments to the personal attacks to the holier than thou attitudes..... might be time to take a break.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

No, the mention of hypocrisy is the impression you got from my post. Hence the reason I used it as the basis of you looking at me as an ######. The fact that you didn't comment on my reasoning of it being a joke just proves.............

Nevermind, I'm wasting my time. This place has changed a lot lately; from the unprovoked snide comments to the personal attacks to the holier than thou attitudes..... might be time to take a break.

Because your reasoning was the joke. You got caught, and tried to find a backdoor out of it. In case you missed it, I wasn't the only one who read the initial post as you being a dick.

The OLINE should donate their paychecks to charity because they sure didn't earn them yesterday.

The DLINE should return their paychecks to their owner because they sure didn't earn them yesterday.

Rogers should have been given air fare to Newark and a plane ticket to his home town.

The Coaching staff should burn their playbooks and get rid of that inane hurry up offense,

If that is the real Manuel we saw yesterday, I say give Tuel a shot.

From what I can tell, the Bills have one blue chip starter in their 22 starters and that is Kiko. 1/22 is pretty sad.

Edited by wjag

Rogers should have been given air fare to Newark and a plane ticket to his home town.

From what I can tell, the Bills have one blue chip starter in their 22 starters and that is Kiko. 1/22 is pretty sad.

In all fairness, it's 3/22, but two (Byrd and Gilmore) are out injured. Being without those two and then losing McKelvin put Rogers in a position that he simply is not cut out for. How many teams' #3 CB can cover the other team's #1 receiver all game long, especially without their #1 safety supporting?

Edited by carpandean

In all fairness, it's 3/22, but two (Byrd and Gilmore) are out injured. Being without those two and then losing McKelvin put Rogers in a position that he simply is not cut out for. How many teams' #3 CB can cover the other team's #1 receiver all game long, especially without their #1 safety supporting?

Gilmore has not done enough to grant him a pass and is hurt. And Byrd has a foot thingy. Never a good thing for a DB. So 1/22 is the current assessment.

I presume if you make a starting NFL squad as a #3 DB that you have some talent. Rogers was so turned around on his coverages yesterday that not only did he get toasted and roasted, but he looked bad doing it. If he wasn't outright getting beat, he was hanging on for dear life drawing pass interference penalties. That might be the single worst performance by a CB I have EVER witnessed. Clearly there has to be better out there than this kid. He got beat so bad only his Mama can get save this kid's ego.

I'm not a fan of this Read Option thing. It doesn't seem to get the ball to CJ in space. Every time he gets the ball, he has both lines in front of him, and he's standing still.

Hackett is quickly becoming target number 1 for the Bills failures. He's not the whole problem but he sure aint helping.

Gilmore has not done enough to grant him a pass and is hurt. And Byrd has a foot thingy. Never a good thing for a DB. So 1/22 is the current assessment.

I presume if you make a starting NFL squad as a #3 DB that you have some talent. Rogers was so turned around on his coverages yesterday that not only did he get toasted and roasted, but he looked bad doing it. If he wasn't outright getting beat, he was hanging on for dear life drawing pass interference penalties. That might be the single worst performance by a CB I have EVER witnessed. Clearly there has to be better out there than this kid. He got beat so bad only his Mama can get save this kid's ego.

They need to find someone on the waiver wire or practice squad. The whole league has known about Rogers for a while. Last week Newton overthrew Ginn on 3 longballs where Rogers was on him. I could have sworn the refs were in on the Vegas line considering how lucky the Bills got with some calls. And for as mature as Manuel is, holy cow his mechanics are showing faulty. I don't think he's put his body into but 1 or 2 throws over 20 yards this season. He is flicking off his back foot...which leads to the accuracy issues. Throwing longballs like that is like trying to play darts from 2 1/2 times as far from the board with the same throwing motion. Touch is ok....but he is starting to look like the equivalent of a "dangler" in hockey. Go to the net big guy....you have the skillset.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.