Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Here's something about Greyjoy and his armada that's bugging me:  there is NFW that he has enough men to staff a 1000-ship armada.  That would be somewhere between 20K and 100K men.  There just aren't that many Ironborn, and they couldn't have conscripted that many either.

It does look like Euron is being set up to be this season's Ramsey though.

Your dead on with the Ramsey idea

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Iron_Islands

According to that the Iron Islands can rase ~20K men and 500 ships. Yara(Asha) and Theon took ~100. I don't remember; did Euron come back from his travels with fleet, or just the one ship? I think its just the ship. So yeah, thats a big stretch anyway you slice it. But I guess he could be boasting

After last night, I guess he wasn't boasting.

Hard to tell but I don't think that was Yara hanging from the ship's bow at the end. If it's not she and Ellaria appear to be the proof Cersei needs as hostages.

Whenever I think I have this story figured they kill off some of the main/minor protagonists to put a different twist on things. Theon the weenieless weenie. He has to hero up somewhere down the line.

It would have been nice of Euron to have waited a little bit to give some flavor to that Yara-Ellaria tryst also.

Hard to tell but I don't think that was Yara hanging from the ship's bow at the end. If it's not she and Ellaria appear to be the proof Cersei needs as hostages.

Whenever I think I have this story figured they kill off some of the main/minor protagonists to put a different twist on things. Theon the weenieless weenie. He has to hero up somewhere down the line.

It would have been nice of Euron to have waited a little bit to give some flavor to that Yara-Ellaria tryst also.

Remember that Ellaria killed her daughter. Thats a pretty good gift from Euron to Cersei. 

Yara is a gift from Euron to Euron, me thinks.

I think the math is off as well. Unless Euron knows something we do not. I suppose the Lannisters could offer him some help but they have major problems. As much as Cersei hated the Tyrell's burning them to the ground was a big mistake. 

He's the drown sea god, anything is possible.  It's the Iron Fleet man!  Just kidding, it does seem completely implausible. 

Arya going home!  Best part of the amazing episode!

He's the drown sea god, anything is possible.  It's the Iron Fleet man!  Just kidding, it does seem completely implausible. 

Arya going home!  Best part of the amazing episode!

Don't think she is.  After the run in with the Dire wolf, she said, "it isn't you."  I think this was her stating that her going home isn't her, and isn't what she should be doing.  I think she's turning around again.

Don't think she is. After the run in with the Dire wolf, she said, "it isn't you." I think this was her stating that her going home isn't her, and isn't what she should be doing. I think she's turning around again.

I think so too. At first I thought she'd go home and end up killing Littlefinger, but figure that won't happen until later (if it does at all).

It really doesn't. Taking the easy way out and being a toad is his defining characteristic!

I think so too. At first I thought she'd go home and end up killing Littlefinger, but figure that won't happen until later (if it does at all).

They producers addressed this on their episode recap. Basically, the similarity is that neither is domesticated. So, just as the wolf is no longer anyone's pet - Arya isn't going to be anyone's well kept wife. I don't think this precludes a trip back home.

They producers addressed this on their episode recap. Basically, the similarity is that neither is domesticated. So, just as the wolf is no longer anyone's pet - Arya isn't going to be anyone's well kept wife. I don't think this precludes a trip back home.

The producers? Pfffffft. As if they know anything :p

Heading home then setting back out again makes sense.

Arya kills Littlefinger. Calling it now. Its on, son.

Yea, if she heads home to see Littlefinger tutoring (and ogling) Sansa, I can't see her setting back out without doing the deed.

Don't think she is.  After the run in with the Dire wolf, she said, "it isn't you."  I think this was her stating that her going home isn't her, and isn't what she should be doing.  I think she's turning around again.

It really doesn't. Taking the easy way out and being a toad is his defining characteristic!

Beat me to it, but yep... Arya said the same thing to Ned when he'd told her she'd be a Noble Lady with a husband and children ("that's not me").  I wouldn't have put those two scenes together had I not watched the recap... I thought she was taking the blame for the wolf leaving (like "it's not you, it's me") since she'd changed so much.

That scene change between Jorah and Arya with Hot Pie...  :sick:

Did anyone else get the impression that Little Finger knew and was going to tell Jon about his real parents (before Jon cut him off)?

Beat me to it, but yep... Arya said the same thing to Ned when he'd told her she'd be a Noble Lady with a husband and children ("that's not me").  I wouldn't have put those two scenes together had I not watched the recap... I thought she was taking the blame for the wolf leaving (like "it's not you, it's me") since she'd changed so much.

That scene change between Jorah and Arya with Hot Pie...  :sick:

Did anyone else get the impression that Little Finger knew and was going to tell Jon about his real parents (before Jon cut him off)?

Second episode in a row you better not be eating anything.

And I don't think LF would tell something like that to jon.

2 major battles and they really rushed them. Disappointed with that

at least give us 20 minutes more and don't rush the castly rock battle.

But I guess grey worm and his trip back home will be exciting.    She'll need the army of the north to save her unsullied.

They ain't got the budget, time, nor craft to make Helm's Deep.  We saw last week what their attempt at shooting fight scenes looks like.

Well, I think they have a more or less unlimited budget, and that Battle of the Bastards showed a very high level of battle-filming skill. 

Welcome to the Empire Strikes Back Game of Thrones style.

Now we eliminated all the extraneous armies we are down to 4

1) Dany and her Dragons (and what's left of her army - Dothraki?)

2) Jon, Sansa and the North Army - w Littlefinger and the armies of Arryn

3) The Lannister Army with the Greyjoy Navy

4) The Whitewalkers

Unsullied - Gone; Dany's Greyjoy Navy - Gone, Martells - Gone, Tyrells - Gone, Freys - Gone, Tullys - Gone, Bolton - Gone, Baratheon - Gone, Faith Militant - Gone.

Wildcards -

Littlefinger - currently aligned w Sansa, but for how long?

Arya Stark - working her way home. Could she help turn the tide in her family's favor?

Bran Stark - 3 Eyed Raven - is he just an observer or can he influence events for his family? Will he reveal Jon true parentage?

The Hound - What does he see in the fire and what is his role long-term? Will he and Arya join forces again?

Melissandre - Admitted her mistakes, seems to favor Jon Snow. Why does she need to return?

Gendry (if he returns) - Last real Baratheon - Will he return and fight with Arya? What is his role?

Tarlys - last Noble house that is a "free agent" of sorts. Massacre of Martells and Tyrells should convince him to join Cersei

Samwell Tarly - The Samwise Gamgee of Game of Thrones, is a major behind the scenes influence on events. Cures Jorah, saves Gilly and her son, learns about Dragon Glass and finds the source of it for Jon Snow (leading to an alliance between Jon and Dany?). His loyalty and friendship with Jon can't be understated. What insight will he uncover copying over those old scrolls?

Jorah Mormont - Dany's loyal servant, now cured of greyscale; what is his role now?

Jamie and Tyrion Lannister - Which younger brother kills Cersei in the end?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.