Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Arya was my favorite moment, because while I knew she'd get back to Westeros, I didn't know they'd let her do what she did.  Cersei....that ****!  I mean I don't care about the Tyrell's and the High Septer was bound to be done..but that was ooomph!  Dragons coming to Westeros, John Targaryen.  :D

Arya was my favorite moment, because while I knew she'd get back to Westeros, I didn't know they'd let her do what she did.  Cersei....that ****!  I mean I don't care about the Tyrell's and the High Septer was bound to be done..but that was ooomph!  Dragons coming to Westeros, John Targaryen.   :D

Well I said it before, will be interesting to see the look on the face of the mother of dragons, when one blasts fire at Jon and he walks out of it like nothing happened.

A bit surprising they hailed Jon king of the north though, I think littlefinger will let out his true origin when the time is right.

Also if you look at it from this perspective, A song of Ice and fire, Jon has Targaryen and Stark blood in him.

Cersei on the throne with all that power, the look on her brothers face is one of fear, he realizes now she will do anything and that is not his style. 

The king slayer might become a queen slayer as well.

Lady Mormont is the best addition to this show...ever? What a badass.

yes she is   :D

Now we have to wait a whole ###### year again ffs.

Edited by Huckleberry

Well I said it before, will be interesting to see the look on the face of the mother of dragons, when one blasts fire at Jon and he walks out of it like nothing happened.

A bit surprising they hailed Jon king of the north though, I think littlefinger will let out his true origin when the time is right.

Also if you look at it from this perspective, A song of Ice and fire, Jon has Targaryen and Stark blood in him.

Cersei on the throne with all that power, the look on her brothers face is one of fear, he realizes now she will do anything and that is not his style. 

The king slayer might become a queen slayer as well.

yes she is   :D

Now we have to wait a whole ###### year again ffs.

Yep, he is the embodiment of that conflict. May be why he is filmed with half of his face in darkness so often. 

well, jon's always wondered who his mom was.  he's always believed ned to be his pa, which we now know to not be the case.  also, based on the lead-up story of ned's sister being "kidnapped" by a targaryan, we can confirm jon is a product of stark and targaryan blood (as well as dany's nephew).  i think the drama the writers were trying to drum up was finally revealing jon's parents (and the "shock" of ned not being his actual father).

this was all theorized well over a year ago, so that might be why the scene rang a bit hollow.

So I need some help understanding the whole vision thing with Brandon, the baby, Jon Snow et al.  Is he witnessing Jon's birth and nothing more or is there a deeper meaning I am missing?

The woman in the bed is Lyanna, who is Ned's sister. Jon is her son, not Ned's. What really kicked off the whole war that ended with Robert Baratheon sitting on the throne was Rhaegar, the son of the Targaryeon king, kidnapping Lyanna. This would make Jon Rhaegar's son. Lyanna makes Ned promise her to never let anyone know that Jon is her daughter, because Robert will kill him. 

What is not clear still is whether Jon would have any claim to the Targaryeon line, because as of right now he's just a bastard son of Rhaegar instead of the bastard son of Ned.

Edited by sabills

I just re-watched the opening sequence again. What a great job.

The score was fantastic this episode, from beginning to end.

Were they suggesting that Margaery realized that Cersai was going to blow the place up with the wildfire underneath or just that she had a general idea that Cersai planned to kill them all? Small detail that doesn't really matter but I know the amount of wildfire there was meant to be a secret.

Also, I think they've very clearly drawn a line between Cersai and Jaime. I actually like both characters MORE from their actions this season although I still hate Cersai and see her coming actions as likely to draw more ire. But both of them held prisoners in the last couple episodes. They both confessed to the relationship they have with one another, but there's a difference in language. Jaime focuses on how he loves Cersai and Cersai focuses on how good it feels to "" her brother.

Methinks the Kingslayer will soon be the Queenslayer.

I just re-watched the opening sequence again. What a great job.

The score was fantastic this episode, from beginning to end.

Were they suggesting that Margaery realized that Cersai was going to blow the place up with the wildfire underneath or just that she had a general idea that Cersai planned to kill them all? Small detail that doesn't really matter but I know the amount of wildfire there was meant to be a secret.

Also, I think they've very clearly drawn a line between Cersai and Jaime. I actually like both characters MORE from their actions this season although I still hate Cersai and see her coming actions as likely to draw more ire. But both of them held prisoners in the last couple episodes. They both confessed to the relationship they have with one another, but there's a difference in language. Jaime focuses on how he loves Cersai and Cersai focuses on how good it feels to "######" her brother.

Methinks the Kingslayer will soon be the Queenslayer.

I meant to post that: the music was phenomenal. Totally set the mood. Great stuff.

On Margaery, I don't think she knew anything specific, just how Cersei worked. I think they also made it clear that her "conversion" to the faith was a farce, but I'd guess most thought that anyway.

To your last point, I fully agree, and am really looking forward to that dynamic going forward.

The woman in the bed is Lyanna, who is Ned's sister. Jon is her son, not Ned's. What really kicked off the whole war that ended with Robert Baratheon sitting on the throne was Rhaegar, the son of the Targaryeon king, kidnapping Lyanna. This would make Jon Rhaegar's son. Lyanna makes Ned promise her to never let anyone know that Jon is her daughter, because Robert will kill him. 

What is not clear still is whether Jon would have any claim to the Targaryeon line, because as of right now he's just a bastard son of Rhaegar instead of the bastard son of Ned.

Slight correction:  the danger of Robert B. killing Jon Snow arose because Jon is a Targaryen, not because he is Lyanna's son.  Upon taking power, Robert B. sought to hunt down and kill all of the Targaryens, both to protect his claim to the throne and because he had a borderline-insane obsession with making sure there were no more dragons.  The assassination attempt on Danerys in season 1 (I think?) was part of this hunt.

well, jon's always wondered who his mom was.  he's always believed ned to be his pa, which we now know to not be the case.  also, based on the lead-up story of ned's sister being "kidnapped" by a targaryan, we can confirm jon is a product of stark and targaryan blood (as well as dany's nephew).  i think the drama the writers were trying to drum up was finally revealing jon's parents (and the "shock" of ned not being his actual father).

this was all theorized well over a year ago, so that might be why the scene rang a bit hollow.

Slight correction:  the danger of Robert B. killing Jon Snow arose because Jon is a Targaryen, not because he is Lyanna's son.  Upon taking power, Robert B. sought to hunt down and kill all of the Targaryens, both to protect his claim to the throne and because he had a borderline-insane obsession with making sure there were no more dragons.  The assassination attempt on Danerys in season 1 (I think?) was part of this hunt.

Translation:  He is the true heir to the throne?

Maybe. Depends on whether they were married.

not sure that matters. the prince was already married to the red vipers sister. However being a bastard and/or having a proper claim for a throne seems less and less important compared to having people that want to put a crown on you. It has been said by a few characters how beloved rhaegar was. I can see that being useful in any claims on the iron throne

Edited by drnkirishone

There's also a big parrellel between the beginning of our knowledge of Jaime/Cersai and this week's events.

The first time we see them is in the end of episode one where they get caught by Bran. He gets pushed off the ledge and falls. This was done because nobody could know that they were together and that their kids were bastards.

Now, the final of their children took a fall off a ledge of his own. Does that signify the end of their relationship as we know it since Bran was the beginning of their relationship as we know it?

Jaime also raved about her love for her kids while confessing his love of her but now she has none.

I know I'm overthinking it a bit and most people seem to have assumed Jaime and Cersai are headed for splitsville, but I think it's more interesting to think about the less-obvious symbols than just "she's the madqueen and he's the Kingslayer."

not sure that matters. the prince was already married to the red vipers sister. However being a bastard and/or having a proper claim for a throne seems less and less important compared to having people that want to put a crown on you. It has been said by a few characters how beloved rhaegar was. I can see that being useful in any claims on the iron throne

By rights the Targaryens have no claim to the throne anyways. Robert took it by right of conquest. However, to your point, if Targ loyalists had anyone to rally around, it might not matter how legitimate the claim is, as there is no rightful claim anymore anyways. Targs will have to retake the throne by force either way.

Rape as a plot device has been the worst trend of modern movies. It's not that rape doesn't happen, especially in such a world as there is in GoT, it's just that we don't need the visuals to understand that.

I'm glad they moved away from it this year and even made it a point to say "no more raping and pillaging."

Edited by Hoss

Rape as a plot device has been the worst trend of modern movies. It's not that rape doesn't happen, especially in such a world as there is in GoT, it's just that we don't need the visuals to understand that.

I'm glad they moved away from it this year and even made it a point to say "no more raping and pillaging."

Yeah, I totally understand that. The GoT universe is of course, rife with that sort of thing, because that was the world at that time. That doesn't bother me. My issue was the show adding it in where it wasn't in the source material. Call me a crazy lady SJW but it felt highly unnecessary and distracting from the quality of the books. Bleh bleh bleh. I have a lot of trouble watching that stuff, it should be difficult but... felt like a lazy writing shock tactic. 

I can see why in some spots, the whole Sansa vs. Bolton deal but meh. 

Lot of bada$$ women in the show right now. I hope things keep going strongly now that we're past the books! 

The last two episodes have been some of the television I have seen in a long long time. Peter Dinklage has been outstanding since Tyrion has hit Mereen. He should get an Emmy. His conversations with Daenerys as well as with the masters were wonderfully done. Well done. I am sad that there will only be 13 more episodes. 

The last two episodes have been some of the television I have seen in a long long time. Peter Dinklage has been outstanding since Tyrion has hit Mereen. He should get an Emmy. His conversations with Daenerys as well as with the masters were wonderfully done. Well done. I am sad that there will only be 13 more episodes. 

Read there would be two more seasons.

Yeah, I totally understand that. The GoT universe is of course, rife with that sort of thing, because that was the world at that time. That doesn't bother me. My issue was the show adding it in where it wasn't in the source material. Call me a crazy lady SJW but it felt highly unnecessary and distracting from the quality of the books. Bleh bleh bleh. I have a lot of trouble watching that stuff, it should be difficult but... felt like a lazy writing shock tactic. 

I can see why in some spots, the whole Sansa vs. Bolton deal but meh. 

Lot of bada$$ women in the show right now. I hope things keep going strongly now that we're past the books! 

Yeah, the Cersei one was weird. It was written very different in the books. It could still be very much considered rape by modern standards, but it was different. And the Sansa thing wasn't in there at all, at least not with Sansa, but that felt more...relevant I guess? In the Cersei one Jaimie straight up rapes her and then goes back to being a "good" guy. Ramsey is portrayed as evil the whole time, and what he's doing is his "right" as her husband. That wouldn't have been considered rape in the United States until, well, in some places its still not (WTF guys /politicalcommentary). 

Anyways, yeah, Badass ladies all over the place. I was kinda hoping Jon would refuse the crown and make Sansa Queen in the North. I figure it will still happen eventually.

Yeah, the Cersei one was weird. It was written very different in the books. It could still be very much considered rape by modern standards, but it was different. And the Sansa thing wasn't in there at all, at least not with Sansa, but that felt more...relevant I guess? In the Cersei one Jaimie straight up rapes her and then goes back to being a "good" guy. Ramsey is portrayed as evil the whole time, and what he's doing is his "right" as her husband. That wouldn't have been considered rape in the United States until, well, in some places its still not (WTF guys /politicalcommentary). 

Anyways, yeah, Badass ladies all over the place. I was kinda hoping Jon would refuse the crown and make Sansa Queen in the North. I figure it will still happen eventually.

Jon is a danger for Littlefinger and Varys, He has stark and Targaryen blood, don't know how much both men are in the loop on that and will be interesting to see.

My (bold?) prediction is that Jon dies in the conflict with the white walkers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.