Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

By rights the Targaryens have no claim to the throne anyways. Robert took it by right of conquest. However, to your point, if Targ loyalists had anyone to rally around, it might not matter how legitimate the claim is, as there is no rightful claim anymore anyways. Targs will have to retake the throne by force either way.

Actually Robert's maternal grandmother was a Targaryen, which was used to legitimize his claim to the throne.

If it could be proved that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married, and if polygamy was accepted, and if Jon could be proven to be R & L's son, and if Cersei stood aside in favor of a grand counsel to sort all this out, then Jon could be found to be the true heir to the crown.

But none of this is going to happen. You're right, the throne is going to be taken by force, most likely by means of a cataclysmic war.

In the end, all this talk about rightful heirs is meaningless. Cersei has it figured out, whoever holds the sword, holds the power, regardless of who their ancestors were.

• 3 weeks later...

I was late to Breaking Bad, but binge watched like a madman.  Same with Game of Thrones.

I laughed at this ...

Jon Snow at Dinner Party - "You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Melisandre at a baby shower - "Clutch your child to your breast, woman, for the night is dark and full of terrors."

Edited by N'eo

Season 7 prediction:

#1 The lannisters

Jamie will kill his sister, Cersei will go mad and after her death his armies will be swiftly defeated. 
Jamie killed the mad king because he wanted to use wildfire and its still all over the city.  He will kill her before she has a chance to burn the whole city.

Daenerys will die , Tyrion and Jamie's only options will be to go north together,  along with the greyjoys.   Dragons might follow Tyrion here for a while.

Jamie will die saving his brother and theon.

2# Daenerys

Didn't notice it at first myself, but saw it pointed out that there were Dorn sails along with the Targaryen sails on the last scene.   Would explain varys being back already.

I don't think the issue will be her conquering kings landing, it will be keeping it with her cousin up in the north.

Personally I think her dragons will turn on her in the end, she hasn't been really good to them.   With her out of the way watch varys along with Dorn try to take control.

3# Stark

jon snow gets help from bran in controlling the dragons, 3 eyed raven said bran would fly.   But I don't think it will happen to soon, but would be epic if one of the dragons tried to cook Jon snow and we all see him walk out of it like nothing happened.   Sansa might be conflicted when she learns that her brother is half Targaryen , but she is not interested in the Iron throne, only in the north.

Arya i really have no theory on, she could be killed easy and has no use any more to the story line except being reunited with her family or Sandor Clegane.

4# Greyjoys

Theon's sister will die while making sure he can escape along with Tyron and the dragons will follow from a distance.  Euron will join up with Varys and the Dorn because we still need bad guys to beat in season 7.

• 10 months later...

Hahaha Sansa was like "sry Jon I should've told you about the knights of the Vale." And he was like ah well what're you gonna do? The battle of the bastards in general didn't really have lotsa sensemake. I was constantly just like, "why is this happening? Oh, they're just gonna Helms Deep it?"

I'm glad they started killing mass amounts of named characters. Seasons 5 and 6 were full of a lot of really bad decisions over how to spend screen time. Faith militant/Tyrell story line not going well? IT'S GONE NOW.

It felt weird to see Walder Frey get killed. Years ago that's all I ever wanted. The way it happened didn't really give me any satisfaction of Red Wedding Revenge.

Liam Cunningham as Davos is probably my favorite part of the show. What a sweetie.

• 1 month later...

I don't think I've ever seen a lazier shot hour of television. They didn't bother lighting over half the scenes.

I get that it's winter, and stuff is dark, but light still needs to be shaped to make the frame interesting to look at.

I thought it was interesting that the season opened with Arya's Fray revenge scene and then the next scene was Bran looking at the white walkers. Kinda tells you where Westerosi priorities still lie.

Arya... just damn girl. I feel like the Stark kids have all grown up.  I hope John gets it through his thick skull to trust Sansa she understands the game better then him. 

He'd be wise to listen to her, but not necessarily to take her advice.  Sansa learned not to trust anyone from Cersei, which could help self-preservation, or perhaps not -- Cersei isn't exactly in an enviable position, having lost all 3 of her kids.  Plus allowing herself to be taken captive by the Faith Militant, that walk of shame, obsessing (incorrectly) over Tyrion, making enemies all over the world...she's not someone to emulate.

He'd be wise to listen to her, but not necessarily to take her advice. Sansa learned not to trust anyone from Cersei, which could help self-preservation, or perhaps not -- Cersei isn't exactly in an enviable position, having lost all 3 of her kids. Plus allowing herself to be taken captive by the Faith Militant, that walk of shame, obsessing (incorrectly) over Tyrion, making enemies all over the world...she's not someone to emulate.

Correct. Though she also learned from Littlefinger, who is the best in the business at it.

I thought Jon made the right decision insofar as, rightly or wrongly, he's not playing the titular Game of Thrones--he made the decision in light of its impact on the war with the white walkers.

Correct. Though she also learned from Littlefinger, who is the best in the business at it.

I thought Jon made the right decision insofar as, rightly or wrongly, he's not playing the titular Game of Thrones--he made the decision in light of its impact on the war with the white walkers.

I dunno, I feel like in a war for existence you should be thinking "What have they done for me lately?" Rather than worrying about ancient alliances. Winter is not the time for child lords (unless that child lord is Lyanna Mormont).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.