Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

That episode was rough.  It was basically just a set up for the next episode but boy did it drag in places. 

Yeah, when expecting an HBO Ian MacShane, that's not the type of role one envisions.  However, things that I liked: Sansor Clegaine!  Arya gets something to surmount, because I doubt she dies.  She's going to kill someone major.  

Anybody else wondering where Ghost is?  If Jon and Sansa are going on a campaign to win allies in the north, wouldn't having a direwolf by their side be an asset?  Ghost has been absent since the first episode.  Is it because they are saving money in CGI?  Did the writers just forget about him?  Or is resurrected Jon not really Jon (rather a zombie), and the bond between the two is broken? 

I'm hoping the writing is tight and the third option is the case.  It makes the upcoming battle much more interesting.

Also, it looks like the dragons that Tyrion unchained in the first episode of the season might actually do something in the next couple of episodes.  Maybe they were going to leave the catacombs while Tyrion was negotiating with the Slavers, but they saw their shadow, so they went back underground for 3 more episodes.

I have a few theories about what's going on with Arya.

The one above about "Arya" in the last episode actually being H'ghar is definitely an option. He said somebody's face would be added to the wall one way or the other. I wonder if he's going to give her a "you or me" scenario.

I also think he may have plans of getting his own revenge against the Lannisters (he was captured by them at one point so there's a chance he is building her into a weapon of sorts in his pursuit of vengeance which would explain sending her to a play that reminded her of her hate for the family).

The one above about "Arya" in the last episode actually being H'ghar is definitely an option. He said somebody's face would be added to the wall one way or the other. I wonder if he's going to give her a "you or me" scenario.

I also think he may have plans of getting his own revenge against the Lannisters (he was captured by them at one point so there's a chance he is building her into a weapon of sorts in his pursuit of vengeance which would explain sending her to a play that reminded her of her hate for the family).

Or she just dies, but that would be crap after two years of "this girl has no name".   Then they should have killed her two years ago.

Did Arya get all three lives owed to her from the many faced god when she freed Jaqen, Biter, and the other dude from the burning jail cart? I can't remember. I think Jaqen only killed two for Arya. She jokingly told Jaqen to kill himself as the third life owed, but she took it back as I recall. Maybe that all comes into play somehow.

Jaqen wasn't captured by the Lannisters. He was given to Yoren from the black cells, was freed by Arya when Yoren's group was attacked (by the Lannisters), and then showed up at Harrenhal disguised as a Lannister soldier.

In the show, he ends up back in Braavos. In the book, he most likely is still in Westeros.

How a faceless man ended up in the black cells is a mystery in the show, as is his target in Westeros.

In the books, the reason he is in the cells and his target might tied to the Blackfyre rebellion, Varys, and Blood Raven.

It's good to have the Hound back.  "There was a time when I would've killed all 7 of you just to gut these 3."

How close is the Hound to Winterfell?  Probably close enough to meet Arya there when she arrives from Braavos, right?

Cersei has a big problem.  I wouldn't be surprised if Margaery works out some kind of trade in which the Tyrells get Loras back and Cersei ends up in a dungeon.

Jaime is a great character (among many others), written and acted amazingly well.

I have been confident for awhile now that Jaqen was grooming Arya to be more ready to fight back against the Lannisters, last night proved that theory in my mind.

I couldn't have been more wrong about the entire Arya/Jaqen/The Waif arc if I tried. I will not miss The House of Black and White, the Many Faced God, or Braavos at all. But I really like your take on it here. And that look Jaqen gave to Arya at the end was perfect in support of it.

It's good to have the Hound back.  "There was a time when I would've killed all 7 of you just to gut these 3."

How close is the Hound to Winterfell?  Probably close enough to meet Arya there when she arrives from Braavos, right?

Cersei has a big problem.  I wouldn't be surprised if Margaery works out some kind of trade in which the Tyrells get Loras back and Cersei ends up in a dungeon.

Jaime is a great character (among many others), written and acted amazingly well.

If Cersei's rumor has anything to do with wildfire in the city, Jaime will probably wind up killing her, echoing his slaying of Aerys. Bran's earlier vision of Aerys could be foreshadowing Cersei's demise.

If Cersei's rumor has anything to do with wildfire in the city, Jaime will probably wind up killing her, echoing his slaying of Aerys. Bran's earlier vision of Aerys could be foreshadowing Cersei's demise.

Interesting -- but it also occurs to me that Jaime could end up getting killed by Cersei's wildfire -- which would be a pretty GoT-kinda development.

One of my favorite episodes of the entire series....top 5 for me. The action scenes were of course impressive, but the plot advancements, character development, acting, even the musical score, and all the subtleties that go into good film were there.

Edited by FuhrFury

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.