Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Well, I think they have a more or less unlimited budget, and that Battle of the Bastards showed a very high level of battle-filming skill.

You'd think they'd spend somma that unlimited budget on some lights or maybe a new blue filter for the north. Or maybe somebody to actually block the actors.

And yeah, we get one competent battle per season. But competent is as far as I'd go.

They ain't got the budget, time, nor craft to make Helm's Deep.  We saw last week what their attempt at shooting fight scenes looks like.

Didn't think of that, good point. Still disappointing though

at least give us 20 minutes more and don't rush the castly rock battle.

But I guess grey worm and his trip back home will be exciting.    She'll need the army of the north to save her unsullied.

Great thought, think you're right here

2 major battles and they really rushed them. Disappointed with that

Unfortunately, if you think the battle at Casterly Rock was a major battle, then you literally missed one of the major plot points of the episode. The Lannisters took their army out of CR, to attack the Tyrells. So, there was no big battle. That was the entire point.

Unfortunately, if you think the battle at Casterly Rock was a major battle, then you literally missed one of the major plot points of the episode. The Lannisters took their army out of CR, to attack the Tyrells. So, there was no big battle. That was the entire point.

Just because the battle was smaller than the main attack, doesn't mean it wasn't a major battle. 

Just because the battle was smaller than the main attack, doesn't mean it wasn't a major battle.

In this case it does. The absence of an opposing army pretty much declares it so. They even went on to explicitly point out why it wasn't a major battle through the scene where greyworm demands to know where the hell eveyone is and Jaime pontifcating on how Rob Stark burned him with the same strategy.

In this case it does. The absence of an opposing army pretty much declares it so. They even went on to explicitly point out why it wasn't a major battle through the scene where greyworm demands to know where the hell eveyone is and Jaime pontifcating on how Rob Stark burned him with the same strategy.

It's not unreasonable of WildCard to actually want to see some real fighting though. A lot of screentime has already been burned and wasted in eps 1 and 2. And ep 3, while packed with stuff, still grinded to a halt for Cersei's scene with ellaria and tyene.

Stop harrassing somebody because they want to have fun.

They took the capital of the Lannister family. It was a major battle, despite the size of it. There were 3 armies involved (the opposing army wasn't absent, they left a small portion there, probably about 2 thousand), Castley Rock was taken for the first time in history, the entire Unsullied fleet was destroyed by Euron, and it has major implications moving forward. They didn't explicitly say it wasn't a major battle, they said it was a trap / decoy for a larger, more important battle.  

Edited by WildCard

Well, I think they have a more or less unlimited budget , and that Battle of the Bastards showed a very high level of battle-filming skill.

Pretty sure this is off the mark by quite a bit. We haven't gotten a ton of dragons or dire wolves because of how expensive the CGI is. Even Blackwater, which at the time was their most expensive episode, had a ton of the action off screen because of budget constraints.

Pretty sure this is off the mark by quite a bit. We haven't gotten a ton of dragons or dire wolves because of how expensive the CGI is. Even Blackwater, which at the time was their most expensive episode, had a ton of the action off screen because of budget constraints.

Yeah, TV shows are under the gun 1000 times harder than movies. Hours of television are shot in 8 days on shoestring budgets.

Even GoT, the biggest show on TV is up against the fence week in and week out. Filming on location and getting armies of people to act for you is incredibly expensive.

More stuff! Happening! Happening for real!

If, after 24 hours as you're prone to do, you come back with 3 paragraphs of complaints about this episode...I advise you do not show up to the Sabrespace meetup. There will be blood!

Nice episode but I still feel like I'm missing something, Jon Snow seems so passive.

Good complement to Dany, IMO ;)

I do think it's stupid that nobody died. More death!

The Arya/Brienne scene was really cool.

I think Jaime has too important of a part to play to die. At least not yet. Bronn definitely should have bought it though--when he pushed Jaime out of the way he should have gotten roasted. That said, I'm shocked he didn't grab his gold and run. Wouldn't that have been the quintessential Bronn move? Grab the gold and try to defect.

I'm so happy they showed Arya actually fight. I think book readers understand that being an assassin isn't only about poison and slit throats and whatnot, but the average viewer might not have truly understood that she can legit fight now.

That was a freaking great episode.  I think top 5 of all time. 

I trust no one was disappointed with the budget for battle and dragon scenes?

As Qwk noted, the Brienne-Arya scene was great.  For that matter I thought all of the Winterfell scenes were great (and I'm not sure how anyone could be unhappy with the lighting of the outdoor winter scenes in the weirwood).  And that final battle scene was incredible.

Are we sure it was Bronn who saved Jamie? 

Holy sh!t that was awesome! Good God, that battle... wow. Major tension building with Dany/Jon. Kind of surprised Bran didn't let on more about Arya, but it was fun for everyone else to find out in the scene with Brienne. So great.

That was a freaking great episode.  I think top 5 of all time. 

I trust no one was disappointed with the budget for battle and dragon scenes?

As Qwk noted, the Brienne-Arya scene was great.  For that matter I thought all of the Winterfell scenes were great (and I'm not sure how anyone could be unhappy with the lighting of the outdoor winter scenes in the weirwood).  And that final battle scene was incredible.

Are we sure it was Bronn who saved Jamie? 

Top 3 I would think

Brienne-Arya scene was way too awesome, they just became best buds. The "No one" line was super sweet too.

Bronn or someone might have saved him from Dragon fire but with heavy armor, deeeeep water and one hand, my bet is Jaime wasn't ultimately saved by anyone. 

Jaime's fate just opened up the gates for Euron to step in.

Edited by jsb

Top 3 I would think

Brienne-Arya scene was way too awesome, they just became best buds. The "No one" line was super sweet too.

Bronn or someone might have saved him from Dragon fire but with heavy armor, deeeeep water and one hand, my bet is Jaime wasn't ultimately saved by anyone. 

Jaime's fate just opened up the gates for Euron to step in.

Well, I don't think they would've saved Jamie from incineration only to drown him a minute later.  Someone -- probably Bronn, whom I think is the one that saved Jamie -- will fish him out IMHO.

Well, I don't think they would've saved Jamie from incineration only to drown him a minute later.  Someone -- probably Bronn, whom I think is the one that saved Jamie -- will fish him out IMHO.

thought it was dickon tarly that saved him, but we'll find out on sunday I guess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.