Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Well, I don't think they would've saved Jamie from incineration only to drown him a minute later.  Someone -- probably Bronn, whom I think is the one that saved Jamie -- will fish him out IMHO.

Well, Tywin Lannister didn't expect to die on the throne, Ramsay Bolton didn't think his dogs would eat him, Robb Stark wasn't expecting his demise at the Red Wedding and Ned Stark was expecting to be let go. It wouldn't be the first surprise death on this show. Dickon saved him earlier, I'm not sure who saved him from the dragon though. Jaime had that look of "it's over, I'm done". I can't remember anyone being saved to come back at the next episode on this show before.

Well, I don't think they would've saved Jamie from incineration only to drown him a minute later. Someone -- probably Bronn, whom I think is the one that saved Jamie -- will fish him out IMHO.

So not tyrion then?

Maybe he comes back and fights with the white walkers? Kidding... I think.

Love when Bran said to Lttlefinger "Chaos is a ladder". Bran knows all about littlefinger, and he's the one character I'd really like to see get what's coming to him.

Side note, really going to watch GOT closed captioned for now on. I had to replay that scene several times and all I could conclude was "it doesn't matter". Had to go online to see what Bran really said.

Edited by Saratoga

That was a freaking great episode. I think top 5 of all time.

I trust no one was disappointed with the budget for battle and dragon scenes?

As Qwk noted, the Brienne-Arya scene was great. For that matter I thought all of the Winterfell scenes were great (and I'm not sure how anyone could be unhappy with the lighting of the outdoor winter scenes in the weirwood). And that final battle scene was incredible.

Are we sure it was Bronn who saved Jamie?

Well, they certainly used a bunch of the CGI budget on this one. But as far as all the practically shot stuff, it still looked cheaply shot. After the initial charge (which was a big expensive shot) the only shots we got were really close in. I get what they're doing with this style, putting the audience right in the middle of a battle and not allowing them to orient themselves, but I'd prefer to have a more omnipotent view of the battle. Which basically means I'd like the geography of the battlefield to be part of the scene as well.

Given that it would be more difficult and more expensive to shoot the scene that way, I don't really hold it against them.

It was a competent battle scene, and it was great to see a dragon messing stuff up, but it wasn't anything special. The battlefield slaughter at the beginning of transformers 5 was more violent and awesome.

For the outdoor Winterfell scenes, I guess the lighting was fine. But it was still shot through that stupid blue filter that makes everything look exactly the same.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Like the early years of Walking Dead, which routinely shocked fans with the killing of major characters, I would like to have seen Jamie get lit up by the dragon in front of Tyrion's eyes -- if they weren't ready to "go there" with his character, it would have been better than the lame ending.

Other than that one part, I thought the episode was phenomenal, best of the season by far.

Edited by Georgia Blizzard

thought it was dickon tarly that saved him, but we'll find out on sunday I guess.

I replayed it in slo-mo.  It wasn't totally clear, but I'm about 80% confident it was Bronn.

Well, Tywin Lannister didn't expect to die on the throne, Ramsay Bolton didn't think his dogs would eat him, Robb Stark wasn't expecting his demise at the Red Wedding and Ned Stark was expecting to be let go. It wouldn't be the first surprise death on this show. Dickon saved him earlier, I'm not sure who saved him from the dragon though. Jaime had that look of "it's over, I'm done". I can't remember anyone being saved to come back at the next episode on this show before.

These are all true, but I'm referring more to the viewers' expectations based on a lengthy story arc than to the characters' expectations (and in this case, Jaime likely had an expectation that his charging Drogon was highly likely to end up in him getting very crispy).

As for remembering anyone else being saved -- a very similar situation happened a couple of seasons ago with Tyrion almost drowning when he and Jorah were attacked by the stone men near Valyria.  That episode also ended with Tyrion vanishing into the depths IIRC, and the next one started with him being revived on the beach.

Love when Brant said to Lttlefinger "Chaos is a ladder". Brant knows all about littlefinger, and he's the one character I'd really like to see get what's coming to him.

Side note, really going to watch GOT closed captioned for now on. I had to replay that scene several times and all I could conclude was "it doesn't matter". Had to go online to see what Brant really said.

It's "Bran" you hoser

I replayed it in slo-mo. It wasn't totally clear, but I'm about 80% confident it was Bronn.

These are all true, but I'm referring more to the viewers' expectations based on a lengthy story arc than to the characters' expectations (and in this case, Jaime likely had an expectation that his charging Drogon was highly likely to end up in him getting very crispy).

As for remembering anyone else being saved -- a very similar situation happened a couple of seasons ago with Tyrion almost drowning when he and Jorah were attacked by the stone men near Valyria. That episode also ended with Tyrion vanishing into the depths IIRC, and the next one started with him being revived on the beach.

It's "Bran" you hoser

I extend my deepest, most humbled of apologies for the error.

As for remembering anyone else being saved -- a very similar situation happened a couple of seasons ago with Tyrion almost drowning when he and Jorah were attacked by the stone men near Valyria.  That episode also ended with Tyrion vanishing into the depths IIRC, and the next one started with him being revived on the beach.

Well I think I thought of one, the Hound, I thought Brienne killed him.

I could be wrong but I remember the scene being stopped but not with the expectation that they both or one died. It kind of left you with the idea they were in deep trouble. 

Holy sh!t that was awesome! Good God, that battle... wow. Major tension building with Dany/Jon. Kind of surprised Bran didn't let on more about Arya, but it was fun for everyone else to find out in the scene with Brienne. So great.

I actually saw it the other way: the tension between them is lessening. Between the body language in the cave, and her asking for his counsel, and Davos joking about them...I think it's headed in the right direction.

Anyone else confused as to why she only had 1 dragon come to the battle? Throw all 3 of those bad boys out there and that would have been even more of a massacre.

Also, which one was she riding? Looked red so I'm guessing Rhaegar?

The other two don't have riders yet. And she was on Drogon.

I actually saw it the other way: the tension between them is lessening. Between the body language in the cave, and her asking for his counsel, and Davos joking about them...I think it's headed in the right direction.

The other two don't have riders yet. And she was on Drogon.

I should've specified I meant sexual tension with Dany/Jon, and agreed she's relaxing a little otherwise. Was surprised to see her ask for his advice. Anyone notice her spiel to him about pride is essentially the same thing he said to Mansrader (sp? Leader of the wildlings) when Jon was trying to convince him to bend the knee to Stannis?

It's a guess. It's a very popular guess though, probably the most common fan theory for the series.

Maybe that guy who was gonna be one of those stone dudes who had his skin ripped off by the fat dude will ride the other dragon?

Maybe he partially infects the dragons with Stone skin making them invincible, or maybe he infects the unsullied or whatever army daenarys has left and they become a mobbing hoard that runs through westeros. Kidding... Sort of.

And yes this trailer accurately represents my understanding of game of thrones

I should've specified I meant sexual tension with Dany/Jon, and agreed she's relaxing a little otherwise. Was surprised to see her ask for his advice. Anyone notice her spiel to him about pride is essentially the same thing he said to Mansrader (sp? Leader of the wildlings) when Jon was trying to convince him to bend the knee to Stannis?

Trueblue doesn't actually know what sexual tension is. Or sex.

Loved Arya's line "no one" taught her to fight.

Nice of Bran to give Arya the dagger to get rid of Littlefinger and protect her from Whitewalkers. What happened to the two dumb guards?

Someone earlier said that no one important died. We can't be sure, two went into the water Jamie and.... (Bronn or Dickon). Who says both comeout? By bet is on Dickon. We need Dickon to die to make the Tarly's (whatever is left on them) to change sides. We need both Dickon and his Dad to go so that Samwell becomes head of that family.

Also I wasn't surprised to see Dany ask Jon for advice. He is also a proven leader and he has never lied to her. One way to avoid bending a knee is an alliance through marriage.

Can we getrid of Theon already?

Edited by GASabresFan

Loved Arya's line "no one" taught her to fight.

Nice of Bran to give Arya the dagger to get rid of Littlefinger and protect her from Whitewalkers.

Someone earlier said that no one important died. We can't be sure, two went into the water Jamie and.... (Bronn or Dickon). Who says both comeout? By bet is on Dickon. We need Dickon to die to make the Tarly's (whatever is left on them) to change sides. We need both Dickon and his Dad to go so that Samwell becomes head of that family.

Also I wasn't surprised to see Dany ask Jon for advice. He is also a proven leader and he has never lied to her. One way to avoid bending a knee is an alliance through marriage.

Can we getrid of Theon already?

I just think if Jamie is going to die, it's not by drowning in a suit of armor. I'm guessing she pulls him out with the dragon and holds him captive, and Cersei either loses it, or just doesn't care at all and that makes Jamie hate her

I just think if Jamie is going to die, it's not by drowning in a suit of armor. I'm guessing she pulls him out with the dragon and holds him captive, and Cersei either loses it, or just doesn't care at all and that makes Jamie hate her

No question Jamie lives. He has to complete the prophecy and end Cersei.

Is Bronn on Arya's list? If he is, I guess Jamie may have lost his right hand man.

Anyone else a little surprised by Sansa's reaction when Bran verified Arya's list. Do you think Sansa send Arya out to clean up some of their joint list beside Littlefinger?

I think there is tension between jon and dany, she just went down a path he would never go down.

She is basically exterminating the people of Westeros, by setting the entire food supply on fire.

As for the dragons, drogon is a dragon that suits dany, the other two don't listen to her very well.

I can see jon having more influence over those, just a theory.   

Edited by Huckleberry

Looking at this, there's a video of 2 horses and the dragon trying to take out Jaime, Bronn wasn't on a horse so I will assume it was Dickon who jumped in to save him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.