Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Correct. Though she also learned from Littlefinger, who is the best in the business at it.

I thought Jon made the right decision insofar as, rightly or wrongly, he's not playing the titular Game of Thrones--he made the decision in light of its impact on the war with the white walkers.

I agree with both of these points.

I dunno, I feel like in a war for existence you should be thinking "What have they done for me lately?" Rather than worrying about ancient alliances. Winter is not the time for child lords (unless that child lord is Lyanna Mormont).

Disagree. The absolute last thing Jon needs is to be dealing with infighting among the bannermen. It's an all hands on deck situation.

Disagree. The absolute last thing Jon needs is to be dealing with infighting among the bannermen. It's an all hands on deck situation.

I'm not really sure how Sansa's way leads to more infighting among bannermen.

Agreed. It's men vs the dead, they need to come together.

I'm confused. Sansa's not saying they shouldn't come together.

I'm not really sure how Sansa's way leads to more infighting among bannermen.

I'm confused. Sansa's not saying they shouldn't come together.

Two families and those loyal to them say F off. Two families try to undermine Jon. Two families say F it and act as spies for the Lannisters. And so on.

Two families and those loyal to them say F off. Two families try to undermine Jon. Two families say F it and act as spies for the Lannisters. And so on.

Yeah but the soldiers who joined their side just saved their bacon. Those people aren't going to just fight for free.

Also these families don't really "exist" yet; they're people, but they haven't been made lords so they have no real backing. The new lords would either be: knights from one of the existing families promoted to full lords; or a cadet branch of another house (the Karstarks were Starks that were given their own land; the Lannisters of Lannisport would be another example). Since these houses don't exist yet, they don't have households, bannerman, castles, or even real money or knights of their own to cause any real trouble. They also don't seem to mention anyone in particular who could feel especially snubbed by NOT getting one of the houses.

Also, while they haven't mentioned it, they do have the Dreadfort to give away if some one really deserved it.

Edited by sabills

I think the thing to remember about the North is that geography will play an important role. Euron Greyjoy is the only person who could surprise the North with an all out attack. Is Jamie took the Lannister army north it would be heavily marked and noticed. Sansa is right in warning John, Cersei will come for them and doesn't give a dam about the white walkers. Jon is about to fight a 2 front war unless he can get Daenerys to join his side.  Sansa is right that Cersei is still a player but Jon was right to give those families their castles and lands, they now owe him something because he didn't take their stuff away. "You have to be smarter than father, and smarter than Rob" Sansa is very right about that. 

Here's something about Greyjoy and his armada that's bugging me:  there is NFW that he has enough men to staff a 1000-ship armada.  That would be somewhere between 20K and 100K men.  There just aren't that many Ironborn, and they couldn't have conscripted that many either.

It does look like Euron is being set up to be this season's Ramsey though.

Here's something about Greyjoy and his armada that's bugging me:  there is NFW that he has enough men to staff a 1000-ship armada.  That would be somewhere between 20K and 100K men.  There just aren't that many Ironborn, and they couldn't have conscripted that many either.

It does look like Euron is being set up to be this season's Ramsey though.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Iron_Islands

According to that the Iron Islands can rase ~20K men and 500 ships. Yara(Asha) and Theon took ~100. I don't remember; did Euron come back from his travels with fleet, or just the one ship? I think its just the ship. So yeah, thats a big stretch anyway you slice it. But I guess he could be boasting

Edited by sabills

Yeah, that was terrible. They forced him into every shot but he didn't say more than 2 lines

They probably tried to give him lines and it didn't work out so good. It is pretty stupid that they wrote an entire scene just so Ed Sheeran could sing in the show.

I'm a lot more down on the episode than I was earlier this week (big surprise there). This season is only 7 episodes long and they wasted the first one. NOTHING HAPPENS. Set-up is necessary, but it should also be entertaining. The show is too serious and up its own @ss to have fun.

They probably tried to give him lines and it didn't work out so good. It is pretty stupid that they wrote an entire scene just so Ed Sheeran could sing in the show.

I'm a lot more down on the episode than I was earlier this week (big surprise there). This season is only 7 episodes long and they wasted the first one. NOTHING HAPPENS. Set-up is necessary, but it should also be entertaining. The show is too serious and up its own @ss to have fun.

For a show that takes itself so seriously, it was a serious WTF moment

Well I said it before, will be interesting to see the look on the face of the mother of dragons, when one blasts fire at Jon and he walks out of it like nothing happened.

A bit surprising they hailed Jon king of the north though, I think littlefinger will let out his true origin when the time is right.

Also if you look at it from this perspective, A song of Ice and fire, Jon has Targaryen and Stark blood in him.

Cersei on the throne with all that power, the look on her brothers face is one of fear, he realizes now she will do anything and that is not his style. 

The king slayer might become a queen slayer as well.

yes she is   :D

Now we have to wait a whole ###### year again ffs.

I don't think this is guaranteed to happen, though; Viserys was full-blooded Targaryen and he wasn't immune to being burned.  (After Drogo kills him, Daenaerys says "He was no dragon... fire cannot kill a dragon.")

I'm curious to see if Gendry pops back into the story at some point.  He's half Baratheon, but given the Baratheon / Targaryen history, not sure Dany would even consider it.  Plus he couldn't handle her, LOL. 

Edited by biodork

I don't think this is guaranteed to happen, though; Viserys was full-blooded Targaryen and he wasn't immune to being burned.  (After Drogo kills him, Daenaerys says "He was no dragon... fire cannot kill a dragon.")

I'm curious to see if Gendry pops back into the story at some point.  He's half Baratheon, but given the Baratheon / Targaryen history, not sure Dany would even consider it.  Plus he couldn't handle her, LOL. 

Well he'll be at dragonstone for some dragonglass soon, so we'll find out what happens there.

For a show that takes itself so seriously, it was a serious WTF moment

It was a simple gesture by the directors for the actor that plays Arya. They have been trying to get him to do a cameo for a few seasons because she is a huge fan. It's not a big deal.

That was a great scene to finish tonight's episode.

While everyone I talked to was expecting more of a storyline for dorn and the sandsnakes

The queen of dragons might need the king of the north now.

Don't get why people say nothing happened, first blow just happened and I loved it.

Tonight was kind of boring, another set up episode. Next week looks epic though.

I thought so to, but I got my hopes up for #4

Edited by Huckleberry

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.