Pominville to Minnesota Wild UPDATE: offered extension.

spndnchz

It means to make fun of basically - usually with a slightly mean edge to it, but that mean edge can still be in jest (e.g. you often take the piss out of your friends)

You can also use it to mean "Are you joking?" if you are annoyed. E.g. The Sabres just traded their best player for two mediocre scrubs...Are you taking the piss?

Thanks for the explanation, but I emphatically deny taking the piss out of anyone!!!

Beginning to think the rumors of draft picks were just that. So Pominville for Hackett and Larrson appears to be it.

Who will play the point on the vaunted PP now?

Well luckily no matter who the caoch is, it wont be Pominville!! :thumbsup:

I'm just happy Pommers is gone, nice player, but not a strong enough leader for the NHL. Not his fault he found himself in that position, but whatever. Emo-man next please.

Leopold said the atmosphere in our locker room was pretty quiet and down. Not blaming Poms, but it's definitely time to clear guys out and let something new develop.

Some people have been trying to throw around that idea of a 1st and a 2nd. What would you think if it wound up being us giving a 2nd round pick (the lower St. Louis pick) and getting Minny's 1st?

Interesting question and quite plausible. So we'd get something like the 22nd pick and the prospects for the 45th pick and Pommer? I guess I don't love it but could learn to like it depending on Larsson.

For any given players you can cherry pick fans opinions positive or negative. This guy projects as a 3rd line two way center. He is not an elite propect nor a cornerstone for a rebuild.

no but if this is all about a rebuild, we have hodgon - grigorenko - larsson - girgensons down the middle

If the picks are true, I may also like the deal. On the other hand, the implication that Regier is set to oversee the rebuild makes me significantly more ornery than the thought of a long-term rebuild itself. I know I could be reading too much into it, but I still don't think Regier is allowed to make a major trade if he's on the way out.

...Unless all trades were signed off on by the mythical senior hockey consultant that I and others have speculated about.

I don't want DR running the rebuild either.

I do think though that it doesn't need to be a long rebuild.

If this is it....two mid-level prospects for a perennial 60+ winger. Color me unimpressed. And I'm with everyone who has said this signals a 3+ year rebuild....with Regier at the helm, no less. I need more beer.

If you think Vanek is re-signing now, you're out to lunch. No offense.

I think the Sabres will re-sign Vanek. I don't think I'm out to lunch either. He will sign where he gets paid and where he feels comfortable. The Sabres may improve themselves with free agents that make Buffalo a better and more attractive team. Don't be so sure of your unfounded opinion and dismissive of others. No offense.

On the bright side, I now have a clear favorite to cheer for in the playoffs. Go Wild!

I think the Sabres will re-sign Vanek. I don't think I'm out to lunch either. He will sign where he gets paid and where he feels comfortable. The Sabres may improve themselves with free agents that make Buffalo a better and more attractive team. Don't be so sure of your unfounded opinion and dismissive of others. No offense.

Vanek straight-up said he has no interest in a long-term rebuild. If the team sucks next year, as it is likely to, he's gone. His words, not mine.

On the bright side, I now have a clear favorite to cheer for in the playoffs. Go Wild!

Vanek straight-up said he has no interest in a long-term rebuild. If the team sucks next year, as it is likely to, he's gone. His words, not mine.

its like Drury Briere all over... they picked Vanek IMPO and I am not sure he will stay and in fact I doubt it.

Jason Pominville was a central building block of a failed team. His time has passed as being that block. Removing him from the top 6 allows us to pursue a new player - younger, faster, hungrier to build around. We freed up $5.3M in cap space to aid us in our pursuit. While a good player, he was not good enough to continually hitch our wagon to. We need different horses pulling this wagon.

I for one am not going to sit in misery because the 28th team in the NHL is retooling. God forbid we sink to 29th while trying.

Jason Pominville was a central building block of a failed team. His time has passed as being that block. Removing him from the top 6 allows us to pursue a new player - younger, faster, hungrier to build around. We freed up $5.3M in cap space to aid us in our pursuit. While a good player, he was not good enough to continually hitch our wagon to. We need different horses pulling this wagon.

I for one am not going to sit in misery because the 28th team in the NHL is retooling. God forbid we sink to 29th while trying.

:beer:

Not only won't I cry if we sink to 29th, I hope we do ;)

Edit: Also, I don't believe the argument is we shouldn't have traded Pominville, but rather, it's about the apparently mediocre return and whether more should have been gotten.

Amen Brother.

Archived