Pominville to Minnesota Wild UPDATE: offered extension.

spndnchz

@BuffNewsVogl 2m

New Sabres forward Johan Larsson is nicknamed "The Bull" in his native Sweden as a 5-foot-10, 200-pounder. Likened to Cody Hodgson.

We have a Cody Hodgson already. And our Cody Hodgson is 2 inches taller and has proven he can play in the NHL

Please stop. That's the nicest thing I can say right now to anybody comparing this deal to the greatest goaltender of all time.

I think he is taking the piss out of the idiot who compared trading for Hackett to trading for Hasek

Please stop. That's the nicest thing I can say right now to anybody comparing this deal to the greatest goaltender of all time.

Agreed. But if we did get those picks in return i will be a little more comfortable with this deal.

I remember when a few posters thought enroth was the next Hasek because he rolled around on his back in desperation for a few games.

We have a Cody Hodgson already. And our Cody Hodgson is 2 inches taller and has proven he can play in the NHL

I think he is taking the piss out of the idiot who compared trading for Hackett to trading for Hasek

1. If -- IF -- this guy turns out to be a two-inch-shorter Hodgson, I'll be very happy. Who doesn't want two Hodgsons?

2. I've never understood that idiom ("taking the piss out..."). Explain?

It also signals that TP is letting DR oversee this rebuild. No way he is allowed to make these moves of the plan is to replace him. Now all we can hope for is we get a coach in here that we can rally around. Have to believe it's going to be Patrick Roy.

Well, if they are actually getting the picks, and if Larsson is actually an NHL center, then I might like the trade. Theyd have currency now to make trades this summer and cap space to bring in expensive players that pop loose.

Said the whiner of "Sabres never make big trades ever!" fame :P

How dare you?

Maybe tomorrow or Thursday we can figure out how high this would rank in Darcy's list of big trades. And what would be no.1 right now? Hasek was the best player he moved, but that was a foregone conclusion. Same with Peca, LaFontaine, and Campbell. Drury? Hodgson?

1. If -- IF -- this guy turns out to be a two-inch-shorter Hodgson, I'll be very happy. Who doesn't want two Hodgsons?

You have piss. You gotta take it out.

Well, if they are actually getting the picks, and if Larsson is actually an NHL center, then I might like the trade. Theyd have currency now to make trades this summer and cap space to bring in expensive players that pop loose.

Some people have been trying to throw around that idea of a 1st and a 2nd. What would you think if it wound up being us giving a 2nd round pick (the lower St. Louis pick) and getting Minny's 1st?

Idiot? Calling me that ignores the point that anyone traded for can "get it" and do great things, jackass.

Ok, sorry for calling you an idiot - whilst I think your idea is not very likely it was wrong for me to name call - my bad

I can't tell for sure, but 38 seems to be pissed.

Yeah I am. we best get more for him. I have been trying to defend DR (vaguely) as well

It means to make fun of basically - usually with a slightly mean edge to it, but that mean edge can still be in jest (e.g. you often take the piss out of your friends)

You can also use it to mean "Are you joking?" if you are annoyed. E.g. The Sabres just traded their best player for two mediocre scrubs...Are you taking the piss?

If the picks are true, I may also like the deal. On the other hand, the implication that Regier is set to oversee the rebuild makes me significantly more ornery than the thought of a long-term rebuild itself. I know I could be reading too much into it, but I still don't think Regier is allowed to make a major trade if he's on the way out.

Yes. So many people are positive it's a full on slow rebuild.

Some people have been trying to throw around that idea of a 1st and a 2nd. What would you think if it wound up being us giving a 2nd round pick (the lower St. Louis pick) and getting Minny's 1st?

It would be better than no picks being involved, but would still leave me rather unimpressed. No, I don't care that you didn't ask me :P

Archived