Pominville to Minnesota Wild UPDATE: offered extension.

spndnchz

Jason Pominville named the NHL's first star for the week. He has 10 goals already for Minn. this year.

Would you still have traded him if you were GM?

When does Stafford get his ticket out of town?

Minny got the best player so they've won that deal for now. When the guys we got come into their own and Pomms is on his way out of this league we can pat ourselves on the back. Or DR on the back. This trade can't be judged for a few years . I'd still make that deal with the assets Regier got in return.

. I'd still make that deal with the assets Regier got in return.

Me too, given the state of our franchise, but that doesn't change the fact Pominville is a heck of a hockey player, and a lot better than a number of people here ever gave him credit for.

I would bet money that the trade market for Stafford is non existent.

Agreed. And as it should be. It would be hard to find a team who would take him as a throw in on another deal. Probably one of the worst contracts DR has ever signed off on.

Yea but he was soft, didn't go to the net, etc etc so it's a good thing he's gone. After all, if there's one thing this forum taught me, it's that there's no room on this team for a 50 goal scorer :w00t:

(No, I don't think hes' actually going to maintain this pace)

Yea but he was soft, didn't go to the net, etc etc so it's a good thing he's gone. After all, if there's one thing this forum taught me, it's that there's no room on this team for a 50 goal scorer :w00t:

(No, I don't think hes' actually going to maintain this pace)

"I f***ing hate Pominville. Never did anything for this team." - Guy sitting next to me at a game a couple years ago.

(Worth re-posting just to illustrate the lunatic "fans" we have in our arena.)

...maybe this trade is best assessed in about 5 years when Zadarov, Larsson, and maybe Hackett are established NHL players.

WADR, we've been a bad team for a number of years. It didn't just start with trading Pommer. Were he still here we'd be marginally better, but still not a playoff team. So I personally don't see the obsession with crying over the loss. I have no doubt Pommer will have a fine regular season... but I sure don't see the Wild winning the Cup or even being a realistic challenger.

...maybe this trade is best assessed in about 5 years when Zadarov, Larsson, and maybe Hackett are established NHL players.

WADR, we've been a bad team for a number of years. It didn't just start with trading Pommer. Were he still here we'd be marginally better, but still not a playoff team. So I personally don't see the obsession with crying over the loss. I have no doubt Pommer will have a fine regular season... but I sure don't see the Wild winning the Cup or even being a realistic challenger.

I think the Wild are absolutely a contender. I wouldn't bet on them because they're a bit short on offense, but they're playing some great possession hockey, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had a mild uptick in offensive production.

I think the Wild are absolutely a contender. I wouldn't bet on them because they're a bit short on offense, but they're playing some great possession hockey, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had a mild uptick in offensive production.

Pending injuries and such, I think the Wild are about the 8th best team in the West. If Phoenix stays hot the Wild might not even make the playoffs. The West is stacked this year.

I agree. It's crazy that pretty much every West team contending for a playoff spot is a legit contender.

Archived