Sabres HARBORcenter updates

sabills

I wonder what other hotels these two(Marriott and Courtyard) when opened will hurt the most...

Adam's Mark

Hampton on Chippewa

Comfort Suites

Hyatt

Embassy Suites

Clearly these two will be the preferred locations for anyone coming into town for an Arena event. I wonder about their occupancy levels though when nothing is going on at FNC?

On a related note, wasn't a different chain supposed to be taking over for Adams Mark?

Edited by LabattBlue

I wonder what other hotels these two(Marriott and Courtyard) when opened will hurt the most...

Adam's Mark

Hampton on Chippewa

Comfort Suites

Hyatt

Embassy Suites

Clearly these two will be the preferred locations for anyone coming into town for an Arena event. I wonder about their occupancy levels though when nothing is going on at FNC?

On a related note, wasn't a different chain supposed to be taking over for Adams Mark?

Marriott: Adams Mark will feel the biggest hit by far; it's the most obsolete and the least connected to the city. It is scheduled to have a name change in the near future; I don't believe it will be a chain. Right now, the owner should just cut its modest ($1M) loss and get out of there.

Courtyard: Will have no appreciable effect on any of those hotels. Frankly, the Courtyard itself is the one that may not survive. It is outperformed in its market segment by Hampton, which also has better location for that market segment.

Marriott: Adams Mark will feel the biggest hit by far; it's the most obsolete and the least connected to the city. It is scheduled to have a name change in the near future; I don't believe it will be a chain. Right now, the owner should just cut its modest ($1M) loss and get out of there.

Courtyard: Will have no appreciable effect on any of those hotels. Frankly, the Courtyard itself is the one that may not survive. It is outperformed in its market segment by Hampton, which also has better location for that market segment.

Yeah. much easier for out of towners to stumble just one block to the hotel then a full 10. haha

Interesting. Clearly the more development around Canalside the better it is for both of these hotels chances of succeeding.

Its really unfortunate that with all the positive signs going on down there(that is besides the aud site general contractor being thrown off the job), that the HSBC tower is soon to be empty, and will probably not be easy to fill.

So, I was looking for more renderings, trying to see the solution for attaching the Harbour Centre to the FN Center, when I found this interesting thread:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1561764

If you're interested on all of the major projects locally, they're pretty much in there, although perhaps a month or two out-dated.

So, I was looking for more renderings, trying to see the solution for attaching the Harbour Centre to the FN Center, when I found this interesting thread:

http://www.skyscrape...d.php?t=1561764

If you're interested on all of the major projects locally, they're pretty much in there, although perhaps a month or two out-dated.

Thanks.

HARBORcenter has a tumblr too if anyone's interested.

http://harborcenter.tumblr.com/

I also forgot Paladino has a development "supposedly" going up next to Templeton Landing which also includes a hotel.

Any update on the possible Hofbrauhaus at Canalside?

Interesting. Clearly the more development around Canalside the better it is for both of these hotels chances of succeeding.

Its really unfortunate that with all the positive signs going on down there(that is besides the aud site general contractor being thrown off the job), that the HSBC tower is soon to be empty, and will probably not be easy to fill.

I think if all goes according to plan, the tower will find a use and a pretty attractive option. First, however, there will definitely be a reshuffling in the office market but I'm optimistic that the city will be better in the end and with little government support.

I think if all goes according to plan, the tower will find a use and a pretty attractive option. First, however, there will definitely be a reshuffling in the office market but I'm optimistic that the city will be better in the end and with little government support.

Isn't Delaware North looking to move?

Can you provide more detail? I always thought that, at worst, they can turn it into residencies.

http://www.skyscrape...d.php?t=1561764

Been mentioned many times before, but no better site for keeping up to date on downtown Buffalo construction(both new and renovation projects)...

http://www.buffalorising.com

Edited by LabattBlue

Looks like Patty's uncle got frozen out on this deal. Bet he's in touch with Hodgson's dad right now. Won't be long before a couple native-Canadians get a contract of their own.

GO SABRES!!!

Since you brought it up.....remember how I was an a-hole for stating the whole Kaleta thing didn't make sense? Remember how I wasn't pleased they were raising money in the name of crippled children to build a multi-million hockey rink? Remember how everyone said it was great that they were building it in Podunk southern tier so kids would get ice time? Well....groundbreaking was supposed to be in 2011. It's now mid-2013.....and the Kaletas suddenly shifted their focus to Hamburg of all places, which already has one of the biggest ice rinks for youth hockey in the area. They are now bringing a lawsuit against the town.....I'm sure with their own money of course, not the foundation's. Not a pebble has been turned. Who is managing the money and at what fee? Who are the lawyers? Why does Hamburg need a rink? Why would a "charity" bring a lawsuit? Do the board members of the charity draw a salary as these millions of doallrs have sat idle for 3 years when we were promised a southern tier ice rink in 2011? Questions....questions...questions......at least for those of us who don't have sticky tonsils.

Since you brought it up.....remember how I was an a-hole for stating the whole Kaleta thing didn't make sense? Remember how I wasn't pleased they were raising money in the name of crippled children to build a multi-million hockey rink? Remember how everyone said it was great that they were building it in Podunk southern tier so kids would get ice time? Well....groundbreaking was supposed to be in 2011. It's now mid-2013.....and the Kaletas suddenly shifted their focus to Hamburg of all places, which already has one of the biggest ice rinks for youth hockey in the area. They are now bringing a lawsuit against the town.....I'm sure with their own money of course, not the foundation's. Not a pebble has been turned. Who is managing the money and at what fee? Who are the lawyers? Why does Hamburg need a rink? Why would a "charity" bring a lawsuit? Do the board members of the charity draw a salary as these millions of doallrs have sat idle for 3 years when we were promised a southern tier ice rink in 2011? Questions....questions...questions......at least for those of us who don't have sticky tonsils.

Congrats, you've thrown enough conspiracy theories up that one has almost kinda not been wrong.

Been mentioned many times before, but no better site for keeping up to date on downtown Buffalo construction(both new and renovation projects)...

http://www.buffalorising.com

On the other hand, that website is strangely silent about how the 38-story building down the street (HSBC Tower) will be completely vacant next year when the last of its tenants move out.

All the cute-looking artist renderings in the world can't cover up the fact that WNY's population is declining and that it's in a terrible state (New York) to do business.

On the other hand, that website is strangely silent about how the 38-story building down the street (HSBC Tower) will be completely vacant next year when the last of its tenants move out.

All the cute-looking artist renderings in the world can't cover up the fact that WNY's population is declining and that it's in a terrible state (New York) to do business.

I would not be at all adverse to just demolishing the darn thing. I always hated the way it straddled Main Street and acted as sort of a barrier between the harbor area and the rest of downtown. Plus, it would open up views of the harbor to buildings up further on Main. Then we just have to do something with the 190....

I would not be at all adverse to just demolishing the darn thing. I always hated the way it straddled Main Street and acted as sort of a barrier between the harbor area and the rest of downtown. Plus, it would open up views of the harbor to buildings up further on Main. Then we just have to do something with the 190....

It really is a dreadful piece of the skyline. It's so out of character.

So, part of the announcement was that every milestone has been met. Contrast to Millard Fillmore Gates, where the prospective user just pulled out.

I'll take Pegula and his businesslike team helping to develop this city all day and every day.

So, part of the announcement was that every milestone has been met. Contrast to Millard Fillmore Gates, where the prospective user just pulled out.

I'll take Pegula and his businesslike team helping to develop this city all day and every day.

He is the one person with the financial power and "street cred" to gently bully his way into making his projects happen. No one wants to be the one to hold him up.

Other investors arent willing to take the risk and certainly arent willing to pay the graft needed to grease projects in Buffalo.

Yeah, I was sad to hear about the Gates project going down. A vet school/hospital would have been a cool addition, different from all the mixed use stuff everywhere. They're taking new proposals now, I hear.

Yeah, I was sad to hear about the Gates project going down. A vet school/hospital would have been a cool addition, different from all the mixed use stuff everywhere. They're taking new proposals now, I hear.

That is different from the medical corridor that involves UB building a med campus dt correct? Specifically this is what I am talking about... http://www.buffalo.edu/news/releases/2013/04/017.html

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.