Sabres HARBORcenter updates

sabills

But that 39 ft would be the diagonal measurement - so it really is only like 31.5 ft long by 23 ft tall. :)

So based on that drawing - it looks like the hopes of the sports writers wishing for a Real Sports Bar & Grill in Buffalo may come true if all works out.

Here are the features of the RSB&G from their website.

• 39-foot HD screen

• 199 HD TVs

• 114 taps

• 36 beer selections

• 14 wing flavours

• 11 gourmet burgers

• 25,000 sqft of atmosphere

Edited by nobody

The High Tech style of interior design is old and boring. Looks like some Post Modern elements, but not as much as the F'N Centre is - which isn't a lot to begin with. It is, however, an incredibly optimistic design: clearly, one idea is to provide a place where the (more well-to-do) fans who hang out outside the F'N Centre during playoff games can go and watch the game and spend their money. I guess for that, I welcome it.

The High Tech style of interior design is old and boring. Looks like some Post Modern elements, but not as much as the F'N Centre is - which isn't a lot to begin with. It is, however, an incredibly optimistic design: clearly, one idea is to provide a place where the (more well-to-do) fans who hang out outside the F'N Centre during playoff games can go and watch the game and spend their money. I guess for that, I welcome it.

It seems huge in some spots but gets smaller in others as it lets you in to the inside. it's just fantastic.

It's one of those huge locations that make you feel just as big.

My cousin, a graduate of NU, posed an interesting idea to me today. With Canisius moving its program into this new space and RIT building a world class arena on campus will this essentially force Niagara to upgrade Dwyer or build a new arena at the risk of losing recruits to two regional AHA programs with better athletics facilities? Niagara has always recruited well and played a strong game because of it, but you'd have to think that they'll be having arena envy pretty soon.

I think it'd be wonderful if NU followed the leader and built a new arena to match. Three great college arenas in WNY would be awesome for hockey growth in the region.

Edited by d4rksabre

My cousin, a graduate of NU, posed an interesting idea to me today. With Canisius moving its program into this new space and RIT building a world class arena on campus will this essentially force Niagara to upgrade Dwyer or build a new arena at the risk of losing recruits to two regional AHA programs with better athletics facilities? Niagara has always recruited well and played a strong game because of it, but you'd have to think that they'll be having arena envy pretty soon.

I think it'd be wonderful if NU followed the leader and built a new arena to match. Three great college arenas in WNY would be awesome for hockey growth in the region.

Now let's get them in a real conference.

Now let's get them in a real conference.

The AHA is growing. There's no doubt we're becoming more competitive. Rather than absorbing these teams into a better conference, it'd be nice if the AHA could be that conference. I wish we could do an All NY league but I don't think that'll ever fly.

The AHA is growing. There's no doubt we're becoming more competitive. Rather than absorbing these teams into a better conference, it'd be nice if the AHA could be that conference. I wish we could do an All NY league but I don't think that'll ever fly.

I just can't see that as a very likely situation as long as they don't have an established power playing in the conference. That was never going to happen before, and it certainly isn't now with all of the conferences shuffling around the way they are. If these team ever want to grow, they're going to need to get into a new conference.

As for all NY, it's too difficult. Cornell is definitely the crown jewel of the NY programs and they'll never break away from the ECAC and all the other ivies. That league would be the best bet though if they ever decide to expand.

I want UB to get a real team :(

I want UB to get a real team :(

UB has to get its current teams out of the basement first. Though with new AD Danny White they are on their way. In fact I think the basketball team under Hurley could win the MAC.

I used to say just play D1 hockey in the Pepsi Center across from campus but with Canisius playing in the Pegula Palace UB could never compete in recruiting.

Could UB share the Harborcenter?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

UB has to get its current teams out of the basement first. Though with new AD Danny White they are on their way. In fact I think the basketball team under Hurley could win the MAC.

I used to say just play D1 hockey in the Pepsi Center across from campus but with Canisius playing in the Pegula Palace UB could never compete in recruiting.

Could UB share the Harborcenter?

PTR

A lot would depend on what kind of scholarships UB was able to offer. Niagara has been at Dwyer forever and they manage to recruit better than Canisius (and probably still will). I think UB could do fine playing at the Pepsi center temporarily. Unfortunately for UB I think they'd get stuck in D3 with the other SUNY programs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.