Sabres HARBORcenter updates

sabills

TPegs is footing the bill for all of it. They know they'll lose money on the rink. He's committed to the community and all you want to do is put him down and call him a pedophile. Ur an ass. Oh sorry, don't attack the poster. Your views are assholish.

He's footing the bill for all of it?

That is not what the Buffalo News and every other report I have seen has said.

And you know full well I said Pegula increased his donation from $88 million to $102 million after he knew about the pedophilia and coverup in the Penn St athletics department. Big Difference.

Webster ice will NOT be a Sabres practice facility.

Junior Sabres, Canisius, SABAH, mens leagues, USA Hockey, high schools, Hasek's Heroes, Darius' church, plus some others.

Can you please point me to this information?

Business First and others have it as a Sabres Practice Facility

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2012/06/19/paladino-sabres-make-bid-for-webster.html

Watching 60 minutes of Sabres hockey is painful enough.....please point me to any report or the section of the video where this is discussed.

I pointed to the major Business publication in the city which says otherwise.

Thank you.

Just want to make up your own opinion without examining the facts. Okay gotcha. Have fun with that. Anything that happens anywhere ends up with some subsidies to prove that the end result is positive. If it hurts you so much much why don't you just stop watching.

Just want to make up your own opinion without examining the facts. Okay gotcha. Have fun with that. Anything that happens anywhere ends up with some subsidies to prove that the end result is positive. If it hurts you so much much why don't you just stop watching.

10 minutes in, ironically my computer went bad when Benson was speaking and all my cookies got fried. You lil' devil.....almost lost me!

Benson is a very smart man with attention to detail. So far my favorite quotes are:

Benson: after being in the city and looking at it as they were talking to buy the Sabres...."What the hell are we doing here?"

Ted Black: "Because there's no place that NEEDS a Stanley Cup more than Buffalo, NY."

and Benson on Pegula: "If you know Terry like I do, when he's told you something once, you better do something about it."

No details yet....back to attempt video.

Watching 60 minutes of Sabres hockey is painful enough.....please point me to any report or the section of the video where this is discussed.

I pointed to the major Business publication in the city which says otherwise.

Thank you.

No. This isn't kindergarten, I'm not holding your hand.

Your major Business (sic) publication is an out-of-date blog that doesn't cite any sources. The videos are recent one+ hour presentations from the first hand parties giving detailed explanations of the concepts and methods in their plans in a necessary and official step in the city's proposal process. Couple those presentations with the slides linked earlier in the thread (those links work, by the way), and you get a pretty clear picture of what's going on.

If you want to piss and moan about civics and government, take the time to inform yourself instead of waving around your incorrect ######. See you in 3 hours.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

No. This isn't kindergarten, I'm not holding your hand.

Your major Business (sic) publication is an out-of-date blog that doesn't cite any sources. The videos are recent one+ hour presentations from the first hand parties giving detailed explanations of the concepts and methods in their plans in a necessary and official step in the city's proposal process. Couple those presentations with the slides linked earlier in the thread (those links work, by the way), and you get a pretty clear picture of what's going on.

If you want to piss and moan about civics and government, take the time to inform yourself instead of waving around your incorrect ######. See you in 3 hours.

Buffalo News and Business First are incorrect.

If you'd like people to be informed......spread the information. Considering the video has been viewed 144 times....and I am 2 of them......

PS....if you won't hold my hand, you can hold something else.

Because U-Stream isn't very well labeled, here's the Paladino proposal: http://www.ustream.t...corded/24279433

Opinion: hate it. The stated goal of the Paladino proposal is to NOT build an attraction, but a "service" building for existing events. If there's a definition of more-of-the-same and not bringing in new money to the area, this building is it. It's like they understand the importance of the block as a keystone between the Canalside, Main Street, and the future of Perry Street, but they refuse to stop themselves from thinking small in its purpose. They think they're merely building, as they said, "when you boil it down, a large parking facility."

Meanwhile, Cliff Benson's offering everything Paladino's offering, but he forgets the private luxury office space and apartments in favor of community-oriented purpose and a regional attraction. They come away as really believing they're building a gift for the city.

Edit: LOL, and the first question out of the gate at Paladino is why aren't they building an attraction. His answer: too much congestion. WTF! You WANT congestion downtown! Build the attractions and then engineer the streets correctly, fool! Sabres should be a slam dunk.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Because U-Stream isn't very well labeled, here's the Paladino proposal: http://www.ustream.t...corded/24279433

Opinion: hate it. The stated goal of the Paladino proposal is to NOT build an attraction, but a "service" building for existing events. If there's a definition of more-of-the-same and not bringing in new money to the area, this building is it. It's like they understand the importance of the block as a keystone between the Canalside, Main Street, and the future of Perry Street, but they refuse to stop themselves from thinking small in its purpose. They think they're merely building, as they said, "when you boil it down, a large parking facility."

Meanwhile, Cliff Benson's offering everything Paladino's offering, but he forgets the private luxury office space and apartments in favor of community-oriented purpose and a regional attraction. They come away as really believing they're building a gift for the city.

I really like the Sabres idea.....and if everything is equal, would prefer both their plan, and Pegula operating over Paladino.......however all I really want to know are the numbers involved for the taxpayers.

What they have done is pretty much use the Capitals practice facility as the plan. There was already a parking garage and mall there, and the county had to help finance the $43 million facility by issuing bonds. So far so good.....but it looks like the county owns it and the Capitals lease it, using their payments to pay down the debt.

I have no beef if the Sabres bite most of the bullet. I'd like nothing better than to go down and try and scalp tickets....and if I can't get cheapies, go sit at the giant sports bar across the street.

Here's one thing that I have no idea how Washington got away with.....and am very concerned about in the Sabres proposal. In this post 9/11, post OKC/WTC world we live in.........how safe is it to put a public stadium that seats 2,000+ and has multiple facilities geared towards both children and the international commmunity.....directly over 5 stories of parking? You are 5 minutes away from a major border crossing with a country that has a liberal acceptance policy. You are gearing this towards children and hockey. How rare is it to see a van coming in with a dozen giant hockey bags in the back? Or even a few? How secure will this be? Talk about a high value, soft target. Can anyone think of any stadiums that are built directly on an above ground parking facility? I guess Washington is, which really makes me scratch my head.

Again....all things equal, Sabres plan is cool and I would be in favor. Anything I have read though has nothing specific in $$ on the public front.

A little perspective here. Terry and Ted said on day one they didn't want to get into the development business, that if positive things happened on the waterfront, they'd settle for an assist — not a goal. Terry also said on Day One he wasn't interested in buying the Amerks and that he didn't want to raise ticket prices. After Benson said in this video that Terry said, before he bought the Sabres, that he wanted to do something to develop the waterfront, I kind of wonder how much I'm supposed to believe from these guys.

Show of hands. Who'd like to see Terry and company concentrate on Job One in Buffalo before moving on to this and that? Dude needs some ADD meds.

A little perspective here. Terry and Ted said on day one they didn't want to get into the development business, that if positive things happened on the waterfront, they'd settle for an assist — not a goal. Terry also said on Day One he wasn't interested in buying the Amerks and that he didn't want to raise ticket prices. After Benson said in this video that Terry said, before he bought the Sabres, that he wanted to do something to develop the waterfront, I kind of wonder how much I'm supposed to believe from these guys.

Show of hands. Who'd like to see Terry and company concentrate on Job One in Buffalo before moving on to this and that? Dude needs some ADD meds.

Yes, surely he is incapable of running the Sabres at the same time he does other things. In fact, I think he should move his residence into the F'nC and never leave, not even for dinner, as to not distract from Job One. :rolleyes:

Yes, surely he is incapable of running the Sabres at the same time he does other things. In fact, I think he should move his residence into the F'nC and never leave, not even for dinner, as to not distract from Job One. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

No one here is ever happy with anything. I swear.

A little perspective here. Terry and Ted said on day one they didn't want to get into the development business, that if positive things happened on the waterfront, they'd settle for an assist — not a goal.

for those looking for attribution, here's the article PA accurately recalls from march 2011.

http://www.buffalone...rder=ASC&page=1

"Are we going to take the lead on real estate development? It's not my background, it's not my expertise," Black said. "If something's going to happen down there, to use a hockey metaphor, if somebody gets a goal and we can get a second assist and we all get points and it helps Buffalo, we're in favor of it.

"I don't see us taking the lead on developing or insisting it's a certain way, but we certainly want to be ingrained members of the community."

Terry also said on Day One he wasn't interested in buying the Amerks

can't say i recall that. i think he might've punted on the issue. but the reports started within a matter of weeks after Day One that he was looking to buy the amerks (and buy-out the portland deal (in fact, he was probably being respectful of a very fine portland organization when he fudged the issue early on)).

Terry also said on Day One ... that he didn't want to raise ticket prices.

i can't recall that. he may have intimated it. but i don't think he pledged to run the franchise at a loss. the fact that ticket prices went up is not of great concern to me. yet.

After Benson said in this video that Terry said, before he bought the Sabres, that he wanted to do something to develop the waterfront, I kind of wonder how much I'm supposed to believe from these guys.

i haven't watched the video, but this is interesting. i suspect that, when ted black said what he said, he may have not known pegula's "heart" the way benson did/does and that black was speaking perhaps as much if not more for himself. it is evident that pegula's appetite for development increased once benson joined the franchise in a formal capacity. which is significant.

i am more than satisfied with his concentration on and commitment to Job One. his efforts to beautify and develop the area around his team's arena (center) are in line with his commitment to building "hockey heaven."

Edited by That Aud Smell

But don't you see? All of those people employed within the organization are just drones and they don't actually do anything. He just hires them to look good in the eyes of the public, like he's creating jobs. The truth is that he does everything completely on his own. If you go back and look at those videos of the locker room construction, it was him laying every single brick. Take a close look the next time you buy a beer at the game. Terry will be pouring it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.