Sabres HARBORcenter updates

sabills

That is different from the medical corridor that involves UB building a med campus dt correct? Specifically this is what I am talking about... http://www.buffalo.e...013/04/017.html

yeah, all the medical campus stuff is still happening as far as I know. this was a separate project on the site of the old gates hospital, which moved into the corridor downtown.

yeah, all the medical campus stuff is still happening as far as I know. this was a separate project on the site of the old gates hospital, which moved into the corridor downtown.

Medical Campus...

1 - Ciminelli Medical Office Buidling at Main & High - Crane on site, huge hole that will become underground parking is undergoing remediation

2 - Childrens Hospital at Ellicott & High - Service tunnel under Ellicott that will go between BGH & Childrens is under construction. No sign of actual ground breaking for hospital.

3 - Roswell Bldg at Carlton & Michigan - no groundbreaking(scheduled for later this summer/early fall).

4 - UB Med School at Main & High(adjacent to subway station) - no groundbreaking yet, but First Niagara Bank branch at that corner just closed, and that is part of the land to be used for med school. I heard groundbreaking is a ways out.

5 - Trico Building - forget about it. The preservationists want to save it, the developer does not. Battle will go on forever.

6 - Catholic Health System Headquarters bordering Genesee, Elm & Oak - Majority of steel is up.

Edited by LabattBlue

It really is a dreadful piece of the skyline. It's so out of character.

A friend describes that building as a giant middle finger.

I don't know how feasible it is but I wonder if the HSBC Tower could be dismantled floor by floor and turned into a 6-10 story building? Then take the concrete panels and steel and reuse them elsewhere. Make lots of little buildings out of it.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

A friend describes that building as a giant middle finger.

I don't know how feasible it is but I wonder if the HSBC Tower could be dismantled floor by floor and turned into a 6-10 story building? Then take the concrete panels and steel and reuse them elsewhere. Make lots of little buildings out of it.

PTR

It's a great building. I'd rather see a tenant. Ain't gonna happen, though.

@BuffaloSabres

Nik Fattey named VP/Director of Hockey for @HarborCtr. DETAILS: http://ow.ly/201OiL

work to create a world-class destination for hockey players, coaches, scouts, fans and families and to ensure that HARBORcenter is an internationally recognized elite hockey development center.

I starting to buy into this a little- I'm getting the impression this facillity has the potential to be a LOT better and higher profile than the Toyota Sports Center (the Kings' sparkling three-rink practice facility; the best rink I've ever skated in, next to maybe the Pettit National Ice Center in Milwaukee). I can't convey how much it helps to have a good rink director- it really makes or breaks the entire facility- and it looks like Fattey could be good at it. I'm looking forward to the whole thing.

Awesome. Just don't ruin it by only serving ###### beer.

edit: Seriously, hopefully TPegs is on board with the concept of supporting your local brewery. It would be nice to see taps from Flying Bison, Pearl Street, Community Beer Works, that new brewery in Hamburg etc..

Edited by Claude_Verret

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.