2012 Development Camp

Eleven

No. Because it's a million times better than Grigs, Grigsy, Griggy, etc. and that's what we're going to be stuck with if we don't adopt something else. Come up with something better than Oreo and we'll talk.

Well its obvious who came up with that gem oreo. Well I won't do it ! I'm gonna call him Mr. Christy. SO THERE ! :P

People are arguing past eachother because one group thinks #3 Center is your second worst center, while the other things #3 center simply means he's skilled defensively. Datsyuk spends time on the 3rd line in Detroit and they shift Abdelkader up. I offer this solution: Top Ross Center for the player you want to pivot the line who's job is to put pucks in the net. Top Selke Center for the middleman on the line you'd put out against the Ovechkin-Backstrom-Johansson line. Agreed?

This I can get behind. Style of player (number 3) vs line he plays on (third line).

You can argue who's better Sedin or Kesler, but Sedin is a high-scoring #1, Kesler, a two-way #2.

No. Because it's a million times better than Grigs, Grigsy, Griggy, etc. and that's what we're going to be stuck with if we don't adopt something else. Come up with something better than Oreo and we'll talk.

Oreo is creative...but his teammates will probably go with Grigsy...c'mon they're hockey players. IMHO, Mikhail Grigorenko's nickname could be "Mickey" and Zemgus Girgenson's nickname could be "Ziggy".

How do the invitees look at development camp? I was wondering if any look like they could get a contract to play for buff or Rochester?

From what I've heard, Roy has actually looked quite good. Has some creativity, and despite his size, drives hard to the net and has an edge to him. I could see him getting a chance in Rochester.

More likely, the players and coaches and people who actually spend time with him, practice with him, dine with him, play with him -- people who actually KNOW him -- will come up with a nickname that sticks. And it will probably be one of ones that you have a problem with, because that's how 95% of all nicknames work.

I believe I heard a few weeks ago; Kevin Sylvester said his nickname was Grigo.

From what I've heard, Roy has actually looked quite good. Has some creativity, and despite his size, drives hard to the net and has an edge to him. I could see him getting a chance in Rochester.

I think that would be a good idea. He was Grigorenko's linemate in juniors, so maybe there's some magic in the chemistry there and they wind up playing together in Buffalo. But if not, worst case scenario, we have a semi-celebrity (by virtue of being Patrick Roy's son) in the ranks that will probably sell a few tickets, even if he's a career AHLer.

I think that would be a good idea. He was Grigorenko's linemate in juniors, so maybe there's some magic in the chemistry there and they wind up playing together in Buffalo. But if not, worst case scenario, we have a semi-celebrity (by virtue of being Patrick Roy's son) in the ranks that will probably sell a few tickets, even if he's a career AHLer.

I hope they sign Roy because he could be a great AHL player and you are correct he would sell more amerk tixs.

1. "Oreo" IS derived from his actual name: GrigOREnkO. So it's at least as valid as Grigs, Griggy, and Grigsy, and possibly MORE valid since

A much manlier nick names derived from his name would be: GORE KO!, RIGOR! IGOR! ORK! but let's not forget in all of this the potential of Griggy: There is the outside chance that at some point next season you will hear RJ drop a 'Getting Griggy with it' call.

I believe I heard a few weeks ago; Kevin Sylvester said his nickname was Grigo.

At least that's what that crazy screaming Frenchman of an announcer out there in Quebec called him.

A much manlier nick names derived from his name would be: GORE KO!, RIGOR! IGOR! ORK! but let's not forget in all of this the potential of Griggy: There is the outside chance that at some point next season you will hear RJ drop a 'Getting Griggy with it' call.

I'm surprised you didn't suggest the manly name that Crosschecking would endorse... Rig.

1. "Oreo" IS derived from his actual name: GrigOREnkO. So it's at least as valid as Grigs, Griggy, and Grigsy, and possibly MORE valid since those three all add either 's' or 'y', which aren't in his "actual name."

2. A person with average intelligence should require 10 seconds or less to spot the OREO in Grigorenko.

I was going to say it fails the obvious test. Until someone mentioned Grigs in the same sentence, I had no ###### clue who we were talking about. Nice of you to be smug about it.

For a moment there I thought I stepped back in time to 2003. Sounds like the initial reports about a guy we just got rid of.

For a moment there I thought I stepped back in time to 2003. Sounds like the initial reports about a guy we just got rid of.

You're not alone. Except the big difference being that Roy (the goalie's kid) is an undrafted player with no hype whatsoever. He had one good year of numbers in the Q as an overage player while Roy (the one who landed us Ott) was consistent over ever single year in the OHL.

Anyone there today who can report? I wasn't able to make it.

I don't think anyone can be bothered to follow the point of this thread and report on the performance of our prospects. We are all too busy with the pissing contest on what nickname to call Grigorenko.

I don't think anyone can be bothered to follow the point of this thread and report on the performance of our prospects. We are all too busy with the pissing contest on what nickname to call Grigorenko.

Yeah. Nobody likes my nickname and I think I'm so depressed I might shoot myself.

Archived