2012 Development Camp

Eleven

Careful. It took all of 15 days back in Fairport for My wife and I to end up with almost-Irish-Twins.

Whoa. Who knew there was so much FPT in the house? Cool. I consider myself the unofficial ambassador for Fairport. :)

Whoa. Who knew there was so much FPT in the house? Cool. I consider myself the unofficial ambassador for Fairport. :)

Fairport's great. Grew up there, as did my wife, It's worst characteristic, for me, is that it is an hour away from work. We'll be moving to Canandaigua end of August to try and mitigate that a bit. But FPT will always be home. My parents are pretty much permanent fixtures at Donnelly's.... mmmm....might have to get some dinner and beer tonight....

I wasn't there today (hope to make it out within the next couple), but one of my friends gave me a brief rundown on things that stood out at him:

Armia was the best player on the ice and displayed sniper accuracy. Scored on wrister, slapper, snapper, tip in...looks to be the complete offensive package. Smooth skater too.

Grigorenko's hands were as advertised, and he made a bunch of nifty moves and showed a wicked release on his shot.

Girgensons does seem like a natural leader. He was constantly talking while waiting for drills (as compared to most players who seemed quiet and nervous), slapping guys on the shins, etc. Was very vocal, could be heard telling linemates to "push" and "go go". At one point apparently Grigorenko over-handled the puck and lost it, and immediately afterwards Girgensons was seen talking to him, presumably offering encouragement.

Adam looked very good as well. Time will tell if he regained his confidence or if he's simply been through this 5 times, but it was good to hear.

Pysyk looked as smooth as advertised, found the net a few times too. McNabb still looks heavy-footed.

Said Ullmark was really impressive, although Knapp was right there with him minus a few goals that went through him.

All the way down to college graduate? Rough.
Except I don't think he graduated.
If he did go back and finish at some point, it's still the BC version of a basket weaving degree.

based on what i heard from him in/around the fall of 2011, he hasn't graduated.

Several schools have been known to stretch their admission requirements a bit to get a kid in. ;)

BC wasn't the first and they definitely won't be the last.

i would tell you to go jump in a lake, but it's clear you've already taken a leap of your own.

also: yes, i know when i am being trolled.

I wasn't there today (hope to make it out within the next couple), but one of my friends gave me a brief rundown on things that stood out at him:

Armia was the best player on the ice and displayed sniper accuracy. Scored on wrister, slapper, snapper, tip in...looks to be the complete offensive package. Smooth skater too.

Grigorenko's hands were as advertised, and he made a bunch of nifty moves and showed a wicked release on his shot.

Girgensons does seem like a natural leader. He was constantly talking while waiting for drills (as compared to most players who seemed quiet and nervous), slapping guys on the shins, etc. Was very vocal, could be heard telling linemates to "push" and "go go". At one point apparently Grigorenko over-handled the puck and lost it, and immediately afterwards Girgensons was seen talking to him, presumably offering encouragement.

Adam looked very good as well. Time will tell if he regained his confidence or if he's simply been through this 5 times, but it was good to hear.

Pysyk looked as smooth as advertised, found the net a few times too. McNabb still looks heavy-footed.

Said Ullmark was really impressive, although Knapp was right there with him minus a few goals that went through him.

Thanks for the comments. Hopefully you'll be able to give us some more insight tomorrow.

The Amerks facebook account was posting a ton of great pictures today. https://www.facebook.com/RochesterAmericans

I especially liked this one of Frederick Roy taking a leap

541692_10150921040678779_1215223243_n.jpg

Several schools have been known to stretch their admission requirements a bit to get a kid in. ;)

BC wasn't the first and they definitely won't be the last.

I assure ND would never do such a terrible thing! And to think they purport to be a Catholic Institution! ;)

I should add that Adam was playing LW, not center. Seems to me they're officially transitioning him to the wing.

The word last year was that that was where they wanted him. His future as a LW was pretty much sealed when we drafted two centers in the first round.

I hope he makes it. I know everyone is down on him after last year but he has a ton of talent and he fits into the 'bigger' team we're trying to build. The Sabres roster is still a mess though and they'll need to make moves to help sort things out.

Navy Seal training all week? Huh. Seems like mngt knows the boys need some mental training.

Just have them start the day with a cold shower. As former Navy Seal Richard Machowicz says "taking a cold shower every morning cuts a toughness groove in your brain."

Just have them start the day with a cold shower. As former Navy Seal Richard Machowicz says "taking a cold shower every morning cuts a toughness groove in your brain."

That must be why they have them jump into the lake at 5am... but why roll around in the sand right after?

Navy Seal training all week? Huh. Seems like mngt knows the boys need some mental training.

I'm going to go all-out, hey criticize me, but this is not exactly what the boys need. Coke and hookers, no. Navy Seals, also no.

Maybe I'm wrong.

i would tell you to go jump in a lake, but it's clear you've already taken a leap of your own.

also: yes, i know when i am being trolled.

Actually no. I thought I've told the Gerbe story on here before. Basically, they cut a few corners to get him in.

Is Frederick Roy trying out for the sabres? Or did we sign him?

One last question he's Patrick Roy's son right?

He is Patrick's son, but he's UDFA, no? And unsigned? (Need confirmation on the last part.)

Archived